Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The "New" DC, "Secret Wars" Revivals & More: CBR's Buzzworthy Books of June 2015

From the "new" DC to more "Secret Wars" series, your favorite publishers heat things up with the seasons with their newly announced June titles.

Full article here.

BANNED

When did "hyped" and "buzzworthy" become the same thing? How can you even hear a buzz over the hype machine's noise?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    From the "new" DC to more "Secret Wars" series, your favorite publishers heat things up with the seasons with their newly announced June titles.

Full article here.

how about Archie #1?

why isn't Marvel making Disney comics?

Extraordinary Member

I hope the buzz is big enough that it is not just the existing readers shuffling the deck chairs but more new readers take notice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I have been wondering the same. I wonder if there is some deal in place between Disney and IDW that was present before the Marvel purchase. Unfortunately, when I asked this question in another thread (IDW's June Solicitations), the answer I received was pretty unsatisfactory.
    Last edited by davewire; 03-21-2015 at 11:17 AM.

All-New Member

They're owned by the same entity, and that's all. Business is sometimes simply done in other quarters.

Same reason Warner Brothers (which owns a TV network) or ABC would make a TV show for NBC. Or why a company owned by Warner Brothers (which owns DC characters) would make three Marvel movies, and almost a fourth. (Blade, Iron Man.)

Corporations this large are made up of autonomous companies. Marvel may have been asked about it and declined, or it may have been Disney Characters thinking "we bought Marvel to do what they do, not what we do."

And so out it gets licensed.
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

They are - theyre called Star Wars.

Yeah, something Aladdin, or Tron, or Pirates Of The Caribbean, would be nice.

Or, prequels to the upcoming live action remakes, like Alice In Wonderland: Through The Looking Glass, Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast.

I'd certainly buy a comic, or book, maybe others would too.

BANNED

talk about using a lot of words but saying very little. Is this Future Imperfect a "new/continuing" FI or is it a updated version of FI from the 90's? It sounds like a continuation and if it is why not call it something else to distinguish it from the original FI?

Amazing Member

Why isn't Marvel doing Mickey Mouse? It's VERY odd IDW gets the license when Disney has their own amazing comics company in the house...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg View Post
    Why isn't Marvel doing Mickey Mouse? It's VERY odd IDW gets the license when Disney has their own amazing comics company in the house...
    Would you also find it odd that Pixar is not making any of the Mickey Mouse cartoons?
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Fantastic Member

Let's be honest, half of the DC "quirky" books will soon be cancelled. They shouldn't release everything at the same month, and they should have learned that after the New 52 launch.

And damn, the writer of "Renew Your Vows" will be Dan Slott?! I just completely lost interest. I wonder what kind of "surprise" he has in store - something like the girl not being May, rather Mephisto under disguise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg View Post
    IDW also has the Warner Brothers Cartoon Network properties as well like Samurai Jack, Ben 10, Dexter's Lab, and Powerpuff Girls. I assume DC and Marvel aren't really interested in doing those comics and they don't take as much financial risk if those comics fail and don't sell since IDW still has to pay the licensing fee for those properties no matter if they sell or not. It's in better hands because IDW will put talent that will make an effort to make it successful.

Not just Disney stuff IDW seems to have a lot to do with Marvel. IDW Publishing’s Limited Division Partners With Marvel To Create The Artist Select Series

Apart from Section 8 which I am sure will be amazing the geek in me is tempted by "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows", "X-Men '92" (though it's a $4.99 issue so probably not) and "Ghostbusters: Get Real".

That Rabbit-Police-Drone-Batman would have to be the antithesis of having a decent Batman hiding in the shadows with only his will, skill & determination to take down the villains.

From the X-Men '92 #1 entry:
    Relive the magic of the early '90s, crank some Faith No More and get ready to relive those formative days of the animated X-Men.
    Actually, Faith No More has a new album, "Sol Invictus," dropping May 19th, which I look forward to getting. Not that revisiting 1992's excellent "Angel Dust" album is a bad idea.
    Last edited by thormonger; 03-22-2015 at 08:39 PM.