Super Moderator

Default The Rock Thinks Black Adam Could Join The Justice League

Once he's established the "Shazam" character's villainous side, all sorts of DC Universe film crossovers are on the table.

Full article here.

BANNED

Geoff Johns, go wild!

The Shazam! movie needs to happen ASAP. But Black Adam has to be treated with respect.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Rock as Black Adam is honestly the best casting decision of any superhero movie, with the exception of RDJr as Stark. What he might lack in charisma (we'll have to wait and see), he gains in physical resemblance. Also, way to snatch him up before Marvel does. With Vin Diesel and Batista in the Marvel camp, Rock could've easily been lured to a Marvel project (of course, I'm sure that's still possible).

BANNED

I'm pretty sure Rock is already a superhero. He's saved a bunch of big franchises and made them watchable. I'm all for Black Adam joining the Justice League and I'd like to see Johns do it first in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    Rock as Black Adam is honestly the best casting decision of any superhero movie, with the exception of RDJr as Stark. What he might lack in charisma (we'll have to wait and see), he gains in physical resemblance. Also, way to snatch him up before Marvel does. With Vin Diesel and Batista in the Marvel camp, Rock could've easily been lured to a Marvel project (of course, I'm sure that's still possible).
    The Rock lacks charisma? *blink-blink*

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Rock lacks charisma? *blink-blink*
    In direct comparison to RDJr (which, if you look closely, was the context)? Absolutely.
    Everyone lacks in charisma next to RDJr (who didn't really 'look' like what I originally expected Stark to look like, especially height-wise).

BANNED

In direct comparison to RDJr (which, if you look closely, was the context)? Absolutely.
    Everyone lacks in charisma next to RDJr (who didn't really 'look' like what I originally expected Stark to look like, especially height-wise).
    I take it you never watched him when he was a wrestler then?

Ultimate Member

"The Rock" and "charisma" are pretty much synonymous with each. In fact if you look up the work "charisma" in the dictionary, you'll probably see a picture of The Rock right with the words "an example of this" right under it.

BANNED

Even when they CGI'd his face and torso onto scorpion legs he had charisma.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I take it you never watched him when he was a wrestler then?
    NO ONE SAID HE HAD NO CHARIS...

...never mind. I give up.

(And just like that, I understand why it's always the same 7 people who write here.)

Black Adam as an anti-hero would take consciously making his history different from the comics. If he rips people in half or kills whole country, being a hero is impossible. If he kills his own nephew for his power as in the current version, heroism is also not on the table. The character of Black Adam has too much blood on his hands and too many evil deeds in his past to ever be redeemed. Johns as a writer has never understood when he goes too far with a villain to have a redemption arc that doesn't include that villain's painful death. If the movie Adam follows Johns' arc, I won't be able to watch it...

BANNED

No. Rock's the most charismatic actor in possibly the world. And RDJ really isn't that close. You can put Rock in a room in filled with 30,000 people, give him a mic, and nothing else, and he'll have them whipped into a frenzy and be able to get them to say and do whatever the hell he wants. RDJ has his own sort of quirky charisma that when reigned in really works. But put Rock in a crappy movie, with crappy plot, with crappy acting, and I still guarantee most reviews will say something like "at least the Rock makes it worth it". Sort of like Walking Tall.

Uhhh Christopher Reeve as Superman bro.

Ultimate Member

And JK Simmons as JJJ.

And Ron Pearlman as Hellboy.

And Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon.

And Chris Evans as Captain America.

Etc.