Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    I got to admit I had no idea she was in 'suicide squad' until I saw this:

Then I was in shock; she looks so good in this picture. It's very 'comicbooky' yet very practical; I love it.
    I give the Suicide Squad look the edge for live action. I suppose its the red boots and gauntlets that make the Arrow look more "comicbooky" in a way thats less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    I got to admit I had no idea she was in 'suicide squad' until I saw this:

Then I was in shock; she looks so good in this picture. It's very 'comicbooky' yet very practical; I love it.
    None of us did...people still forget that WB are very secretive of their DC projects - they have only released a few things online..everything else are reports and rumors (of which, only a small percentage were/are true).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

katana-vs-x-23-panel.jpg

Do you think Suicide Squad will finally give Katana the popularity she deserves? Would it raise her profile a little bit in the comics? I personally think a Katana movie, spinning out of SS would be awesome. Sure, her premise is simple, but that's not a bad thing. It could be the Black Widow movie that Marvel will never give us. Thoughts?

PS: It seems like DC is pushing her anyway.
    Last edited by Starchild; 08-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

If DC is pushing her, they need to tell us why we should care about her and define more clearly what makes her a hero. The "cursed sword with the soul of her husband" thing only gets you so far. Why does she do what she does? Why should we care? I would love for them to really define that. I tried the recent series for awhile and never felt like I really knew.

She's always had a cool look but I never thought she could support a solo title. But she works great in a team.

There's an expression in French: tel brille au second rang qui s'éclipse au premier

Basically shines as the 2nd fades as a 1st.

We can see Katana on DC Superhero Girls.

I love the design and the red streak. Is it just me or does anyone else think that she resembles Mulan from Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I really hope Katana's sword is magic in the SQ movie just like in the comics.
    All signs point to YES. Souls will be TAKEN.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Many souls.

So I guess she's one of Waller's helpers hired to keep the inmates in line. I really hope she turns out to be Batman's undercover agent.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So I guess she's one of Waller's helpers hired to keep the inmates in line. I really hope she turns out to be Batman's undercover agent.
    That's what I think too. Since Katana is an Outsider and JLAer, and known accomplice of Batman. Plus she's not a villain, like the other members.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 01-21-2016 at 12:21 AM.

BANNED

I'd rather her stay as far away from Batman. I want her to be her own character and I hope she doesn't die, we don't really see Asian superheroes on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    That's what I think too. Since Katana is an Outsider and JLAer, and known accomplice of Batman. Plus she's not a villain, like the other members.
    There have been non villains on the Squad before. Roy Harper, Vixen, Oracle, etc. Sometimes these heroes volunteer for the mission or are brought on by Waller to assist in some way. Katana may be her enforcer. Which is totally badass.
    You have this group consisting of some of "the world's deadliest villains" and Katana is there to keep them in line. So you know she's not to be messed with. I'm guessing she's gonna have to put Boomerang in check judging by the trailer.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-21-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

This is one of the cases, where i would love to See the movie costume adapted by the comics. And please change the comic soultaker. The current design with the skull is so ugly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'd rather her stay as far away from Batman. I want her to be her own character and I hope she doesn't die, we don't really see Asian superheroes on the big screen.
    This is the Movie Universe we're talking about here. Every character we see is going to have to tie to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Many souls.

With her eyes going black do you think she will get possessed by the Enchantress?

Also from what we have seen in the trailer it looks like she will fight Croc.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics