All-New Member

Default Green Lantern with Grant Morrison and Liam Sharpe

I have always hovered around the Green Lantern books but never really engaged with the title beyond the occasional storyline. I really enjoyed Green Lantern Earth One and Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Scriver's Rebirth back in the 2000s.

When I heard that Grant Morrison and Liam Sharpe were taking over Green Lantern it has sparked my interest in purchasing the book. The one thing that does put me off is Liam Sharpe's artwork. While he is a great artist I felt that he his action scenes in Wonder Woman were not as good as other artists. Green Lantern is an action oriented book and given the types of action with a ring generating different things I wonder if Liam will be able to carry off good action pages. It will be interesting to see what Grant Morrison does with the book. I have not read any of Grant Morrison's work other than his work on Batman prior to the New 52, where I took a long break from comic books.

P.S.

I am also not sure about the fortnightly publishing of books, story wise what I have read so far has been okay but having been reading the monthly Superman and Action Comics books I am finding that the quality of the artwork is much better. What do the rest of you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    I have always hovered around the Green Lantern books but never really engaged with the title beyond the occasional storyline. I really enjoyed Green Lantern Earth One and Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Scriver's Rebirth back in the 2000s.

When I heard that Grant Morrison and Liam Sharpe were taking over Green Lantern it has sparked my interest in purchasing the book. The one thing that does put me off is Liam Sharpe's artwork. While he is a great artist I felt that he his action scenes in Wonder Woman were not as good as other artists. Green Lantern is an action oriented book and given the types of action with a ring generating different things I wonder if Liam will be able to carry off good action pages. It will be interesting to see what Grant Morrison does with the book. I have not read any of Grant Morrison's work other than his work on Batman prior to the New 52, where I took a long break from comic books.

P.S.

I am also not sure about the fortnightly publishing of books, story wise what I have read so far has been okay but having been reading the monthly Superman and Action Comics books I am finding that the quality of the artwork is much better. What do the rest of you think?
    Well the current Green Lantern title, if I'm not mistaking, is about Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, and not so interresting. The Hal Jordan and The Geen Lantern Corps title has been way more interresting. But hey, it's Grant Morrison so it will be interresting anyways !

As for Green Lantern, a very interresting and good way to get into it, is to read Geoff Johns huge run. Yes the omnibuses are big, but I think you can find his run in smaller traders:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
    Green Lantern: No Fear
    Green Lantern Corps: Recharge
    Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    Green Lantern Corps: To Be a Lantern
    Green Lantern: Wanted - Hal Jordan
    Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green
    Green Lantern: Mystery of the Star Sapphires
    Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War
    Green Lantern Corps: Ring Quest
    Green Lantern: Secret Origin (modern origin story of Hal Jordan)
    Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
    Green Lantern Corps: Sins of the Star Sapphires
    Green Lantern: Agent orange
    Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse
    Blackest Night
    Brightest Day
    War of the Green Lanterns
    War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post

P.S.

honestly, gl earth one was a really fun read, and i'm hoping that a sequel is being worked on.

gl rebirth fro me was a milestone for comic books in general. it was statement that if a creator just cares enough, the title will reach new heights.

about morrison's upcoming tgl, i do enjoy most of his works. and i'm sure it'll definitely be interesting. from what i've read, i think tgl is already making waves in advance orders.