Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

suicidesquadteam-e5a58.jpg

Check it! Katana is in Suicide Squad!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Katana is getting some love - first on Arrow, now on SS
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Technically, first on Beware the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Katana is getting some love - first on Arrow, now on SS
    For a character I've never seen as popular (tho I looooove her), she's made a lot of media appearances - Beware the Bat, Brave and Bold, Arrow, the Infinite a Crisis game, one of the JL animated films and now Suicide Squad. Go Tatsu!

I have to say, she looks the best out of all the them! Love that they kept that kinda modern look. Hopefully this will get her more love in the comics. Is she going to be in anything in June or July?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-04-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    Pulls:

The bad news is, if she's in the movie she'll probably get killed off on Arrow soon, DC don't like characters being on TV and in movies concurrently.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    The bad news is, if she's in the movie she'll probably get killed off on Arrow soon, DC don't like characters being on TV and in movies concurrently.
    Oh she will be killed off in Suicide Squad, people die a lot there lol. Or they will keep both. We have 2 Flashs coming soon, don't think they will end the show, for the movie haha. I am hoping for both, or just the Arrow one to stay.
    Pulls:

Incredible Member

I really hope Katana's sword is magic in the SQ movie just like in the comics.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really enjoyed Nocenti's KATANA for the most part. I wish we could get more of that.

She looks stellar in that SUICIDE SQUAD photo. Just hope she's not cannon fodder- she's a strong female hero, and we need more of those for sure.

Ultimate Member

I'm still not a big fan of her having the "rising sun" on her mask. But other than that, she looks good. Hopefully she gets more to do than Arrow's Katana has (that show seems more concerned/interested in her husband. Also, it'd be cool if she turned out to be Batman's agent who's been sent undercover to keep an eye on Waller/the Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    Not necessarily.... Flash, Boomerang, Deathstroke and Amanda Waller will all exist in both universes.

Anyway I'm guessing her appearance in this movie is tied into Batman's involvement in some way, someone bought up she may be infiltrating the squad for him, could totally see that.

Also DC need to capitalise on her increased exposure and put Katana on one of the Justice League teams, JL United probably seems the more likely, they already have a great diverse cast.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

I'm both shocked and ecstatic to see Katana is appearing in the DCCU so soon. I thought she might have an outside shot sometime down the road, but I never saw this coming. So freaking awesome.

As for her look, I'm not that impressed with the picture as a whole, but her costume is nevertheless very comic book accurate. Not sure which costume I like better, actually: this one or the one that's going to be appearing on Arrow. I'll have to see them both in action probably before making up my mind, but I think the designers of both did well in keeping it simple and close to the original.

And while my first choice for the role was Rinko Kikuchi, as long as this Karen Fukuhara is a competent actress, I'm sure she'll be great, too. At least they cast a Japanese actress, instead of just someone from Asia, as is often the case for Hollywood.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Oh she will be killed off in Suicide Squad, people die a lot there lol. Or they will keep both. We have 2 Flashs coming soon, don't think they will end the show, for the movie haha. I am hoping for both, or just the Arrow one to stay.
    She's a character DC has been pushing since the new 52, she's safer than most. (Especially because of her ties to the Bat-verse) Rick Flag is more in danger of being killed off than her.

I got to admit I had no idea she was in 'suicide squad' until I saw this:

Then I was in shock; she looks so good in this picture. It's very 'comicbooky' yet very practical; I love it.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Extraordinary Member

Deleted post.