Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    This is the Movie Universe we're talking about here. Every character we see is going to have to tie to Batman.
    This is the DC Extended Universe, not the Batman Extended Universe. Every character doesn't need to tie in to Batman at all, that's beyond ridiculous.

My theory is Katana is already in the city operating alone and she teams up with the squad after they arrive. We haven't seen her at all in Belle Reve footage and I don't believe she would work for the government or even Batman. So I think she has some knowledge of what is going on in the city and agrees to help them out of mutual interest, you can also see in a lot of photos she is usually at the front leading everyone probably acting as a guide. She is also the only other character with "supernatural" abilities (thanks to her sword) besides Enchantress, so perhaps she is hunting the entity possessing June Moon and wants to seal it in her sword.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    With her eyes going black do you think she will get possessed by the Enchantress?
    Her eyes go black when she it talking to the souls of the slain within the sword, so cool Ayer would include something like this in the movie. With Enchantress and everything it looks like we are going to get introduced to the magical side of the DCEU very quickly!
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So I guess she's one of Waller's helpers hired to keep the inmates in line. I really hope she turns out to be Batman's undercover agent.
    I am sure they are going that way too to establish a connection between Waller and Batman right of the bat. Batman love to keep notes on his enemies and the better way to do it is to send spies.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Many souls.

I LOVE IT!!!!!! Tatsu, has always been one of my favorite (T5DOA) female characters, she might not have a solo book out at the moment (wait, what happened to the Suicide Squad mini's that featured two characters apiece, in each mini??) but I appreciate the fact that Dc see's the potential in the character, her appearances on Arrow, along with her involvement in this Suicide Squad movie, will definitely help her on the publishing side of things. They also have "12" inch Suicide Squad statues coming out later this year, Tatsu is getting a lot of well deserved exsposure this year.

Ps... Her ongoing wasn't as bad as its been made out to be, the writer was disliked by many, but to be honest, I've read worse.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So I guess she's one of Waller's helpers hired to keep the inmates in line. I really hope she turns out to be Batman's undercover agent.
    +1 That makes sense, considering the Outsiders connection...
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'd rather her stay as far away from Batman. I want her to be her own character and I hope she doesn't die, we don't really see Asian superheroes on the big screen.
    She's very unlikely to get a solo, her being tied to Batman is basically what would guarantee future appearances.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    She's very unlikely to get a solo, her being tied to Batman is basically what would guarantee future appearances.
    I loved their relationship. Katana is arguably one of Batman's most trusted non-Bat family partners. He sees a little bit of himself in her--gives her a "Robin" in Halo, etc.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Hello, my old thread! It's been too long!

So has anyone else been keeping up with the Suicide Squad: Most Wanted mini-series featuring Katana? It's pretty good, although I hate to say that the Deadshot portion has been putting the Katana story to shame so far, unfortunately.

One thing that did make me happy about it, though, is that:
    spoilers:
    Halo is back!
    end of spoilers
    So that's pretty good news, at least.

On the other end of the spectrum, I could have done without the costume change to make Katana look more like her upcoming movie counterpart. Not that it's a bad costume or anything, but it just felt so forced within the context of the story.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Katana from the new series of character posters...

Ultimate Member

WOW!! That's cool. I hope that she gets a cool showing in the film. And, if she survives, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up in that "Harley Quinn and the badass female DC female characters" film that Margot Robbie is working on.

So is Katana in the Suicide Squad comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So is Katana in the Suicide Squad comics?
    She is more associated with the OUTSIDERS team book but Katana did make a few appearances in the 1st volume of Ostrander's SUICIDE SQUAD during the "Dragon's Hoard" arc featuring the Yakuza

Tatsu front and center in the field with the Squad. Bad@$$$$$$$