Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Love that above photo.
    Cue the MAGNIFICENT SEVEN theme by Elmer Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WOW!! That's cool. I hope that she gets a cool showing in the film. And, if she survives, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up in that "Harley Quinn and the badass female DC female characters" film that Margot Robbie is working on.
    It'd be a fun dynamic. Between Katana, Harley and June Moon, Tatsu's the sane one...

Last edited by El_Gato; 07-09-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Karen Fukuhara on her first big role as Katana in SUICIDE SQUAD - "I think she's one of the deadliest... she is the deadliest. Yeah, she is the deadliest."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-says-fukuhara

"Love your perfume. What is that? The stench of Death?"
    Hope we aren't in for another Psylocke/Olivia Munn with the character being light on personality/dialogue and heavy on action. The clips seem to suggest some attempt at pathos.

I love how different the Squad women are from each other!! Obviously Harley and Katana probably get the most action but Amanda Waller and Enchantress look equally entertaining as well!!

On a side note, Katana is the 2nd most used woman of color in the DCU, about less than 20 comic issues separate her and number 1(Amanda Waller).

Beautiful!!!

I recently got around to finally watching the Suicide Squad movie and I wasn't too impressed with it. Katana was kinda bland throughout the movie and I don't remember her doing anything noteworthy. Less time should have been spent on Harley Quinn and more on developing lesser known characters like Katana.
    Last edited by nj06; 05-09-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'd rather KATANA be in a JUSTICE LEAGUE book more than the SUICIDE SQUAD.

Mighty Member

I'd rather have her lead the Outsiders in their own book.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

q9ahdRd0t1uezmbko.jpg

On account of the Wonder Woman movie's premier, art of female DC characters is exhibited on the streets of Madrid. Katana is looking good.

Spectacular Member

Katana is having an appearance at dc showcase #1 in 2 days

Ah think it really is a shame that Katana ain't too big of a player in Suicide Squad right now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Ah think it really is a shame that Katana ain't too big of a player in Suicide Squad right now.
    Because the writer isn't really good at having individuals shine in a team setting. I can't wait for her to leave the squad, she's being wasted. Katana would have been perfect for Justice League Dark if The Outsiders weren't going to be a thing.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

At least the Outsiders are definitely a part of continuity and Katana was part of it. (and hopefully will be again, if rumors are true) Black Lightning is definitely a higher profile character now, and Katana's been on two tv shows and a movie. Halo and Geo aren't necessarily head-turners, but if they stick in a couple of other more familiar names, (Metamorpho is busy, so bring in Elongated Man - another tv star!) I'd be all over a relaunch!