Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default How WEIRD do you want your WORLD?

One of the things I'm most excited about regarding the upcoming SECRET WARS stuff is Jason Aaron and Mike Del Mundo's Weirdworld. Check out the solicits for the first two issues:

Issue #1:
    Welcome to the wildest, most dangerous new corner of the Marvel Universe. Welcome to Weirdworld.
    • A world of swords and sorcery and strange, perverted science. A world where one barbarian walks alone, on a dark and savage quest though all things weird and fantastic from throughout Marvel history.
    • His name is Arkon. A lost man in a lost world. Follow him if you dare.

Issue #2:
    Weirdworld is where the lost things go. Like the barbarian lord Arkon, who’s now prisoner of the underwater apes.
    • Or like his cellmate, a mysterious one-eyed man who appears to be made out of rock and calls himself a Crystal Warrior…

If you're like me, and you love it when Marvel utilizes forgotten or abandoned concepts from the oddest corners of the MU, then this should be something to get excited about!

There's very little info out about this series, so what I most want to know is what/who you'd like to see show up in this! What crazy characters do you want to see Jason Aaron write about? What manic monsters do you want to see drawn by (the super-amazing) Mike del Mundo?

-Pav, who wonders if this is where we'll see Obnoxio the Clown...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You want it weird, why not add characters from Marvel's cartoony Star Comics imprint? Or the Seuss-like characters from the dimension Here (And There)? Or Slapstick!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm really hoping Weird ends up being closer to obscure than zany.

WeirdWorld sounds interesting.

Fantastic Member

Not a big Jason Aaron fan, but I'm getting it because Mike Del Mundo is on art, and he's fantastic.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Arkon is guaranteed sale for me.

I was already sold by the title (can't wait to get my hands on the Weirdworld TPB coming out next month), but the inclusion or Arkon was a bonus... Now the addition of (I assume) Warbow from Crystal... I couldn't be more excited.

My only concern is that Arkon, Warbow and Weirdworld itself may be alternate versions. I would 100% rather see the characters and locales as they were from previous appearances.

BANNED

I want my world very weird! This is one of the more exciting new titles for me, perhaps even the most exciting. I hope Marvel keep it separate from most of the cape stuff though.

Niffleheim

I'm really looking forward to Weirdworld. I wish it was an ongoing thou. I've loved Arkon since forever (lol! truthfully since i saw him in X-Men TAS)

I hope i see some Gargoyles, Goblins, Weres, Elves, Dwarves, Dragon and many many many more mythical creatures
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    the Seuss-like characters from the dimension Here (And There)?
    Not familiar with this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    Mike Del Mundo is on art, and he's fantastic.
    QFT. He's the only artist that makes something a "must consider buying." (I tend to care more about characters, then writers.) Do we know for certain that he's doing the interiors of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I want my world very weird! This is one of the more exciting new titles for me, perhaps even the most exciting. I hope Marvel keep it separate from most of the cape stuff though.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I hope i see some Gargoyles, Goblins, Weres, Elves, Dwarves, Dragon and many many many more mythical creatures
    How crazy would it be if we saw THE Gargoyles from the cartoon?

As a fan of Bishop: the Last X-Man, I'd love to see the Kith and/ or Nom's race of giants.

-Pav, who wonders what other obscure stuff you guys want to see...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

I want a good high fantasy adventure. No more no less.

I'm thinking this title is for those itching for a Conan type comic. Maybe alittle bit of He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I want a good high fantasy adventure. No more no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I'm thinking this title is for those itching for a Conan type comic. Maybe alittle bit of He-Man
    Yeah, obviously the genre of fantasy is going to be at play here. However, in the solicits it mentions "perverted science" so I wonder if we met get some weird mad scientists and their creations as well.

-Pav, who can imagine the fun Jason Aaron had researching for this comic...

--------------------

I was hoping it would be a return of the original Weirdworld, but it sounds like they are just appropriating the name.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder if we're going to have something similar to this:
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES