Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Fear View Post
    Yeah, and that's exactly why they fired Jackson's ass and got Hugh Jackman to be Wolverine instead.
    And he still didn't know LOL.

Don't listen to those critics, Ms. Gadot. They would make poor Amazons anyways. Show them how wrong they are by being awesome on the big screen.

I don't see why her boobs would be an issue. Last I checked, men love boobs of all sizes. But that's just me. I don't remember anyone making a big deal of January Jones not having Emma Frost's ample cleavage. Why would it matter for Wonder Woman? Her bra size has never been a big part of her character. She's always been defined by her warrior skills and her feminine ideals. If Gadot can capture that, then she'll be a fine Wonder Woman regardless of her bra size.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's not really the actress, it's the costume that's the problem.

I understand that they want to create this sombre, understated look for their movie-verse. But they should know on which side their bread is buttered. I don't think many little girls or gay men are going to be dressing up in that costume next Hallowe'en.

Consumers want their Wonder Woman to be more colourful and bright. That's what sells the merchandise. At least meet them halfway by showing Wonder Woman in ceremonial dress that is closer to the classic image of the character.
    Really? Seems to be consumers have a very, very mixed opinion on what "their" WW looks like.

And really, you don't think a costume like that would look ridiculous when next to MoS Superman and a Batman who's a near carbon copy of TDKR Bats?

Ultimate Member

There's nothing wrong with Gadot's look as Wonder Woman.

I'm more concerned about the quality of her acting because in the only movies i've seen her (Fast and Furious movies) she didn't do much acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Gadot's look as Wonder Woman.

I'm more concerned about the quality of her acting because in the only movies i've seen her (Fast and Furious movies) she didn't do much acting.
    I don't think much acting will be required in this movie either, it's named Batman vs Superman after all.

She didn't need to do much 'acting' in FATF.

however I will say I have seen her act in the shows she did prior, and the soap opera she was most famous for when she was looking for her missing sister. She acted very well in that, both when she spoke her native tongue and English.

I think she'll make a fantastic Wonder Woman, it's a role that hits close to her own heart and ideals. You could literally pull up any interview where she's describing a character she prefers to play and she's talking about Wonder Woman without even saying it.

Watch.. I'll do that right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohGDzCykkaU

1:18

Made up Interview Question: So Ms. Gadot.. what do you think about Wonder Woman? (play video from 1:18)

I understand that they want to create this sombre, understated look for their movie-verse. But they should know on which side their bread is buttered. I don't think many little girls or gay men are going to be dressing up in that costume next Hallowe'en.

Consumers want their Wonder Woman to be more colourful and bright. That's what sells the merchandise. At least meet them halfway by showing Wonder Woman in ceremonial dress that is closer to the classic image of the character.
    I think you missed the part where it's clear Snyder always uses filters for the BvS pictures. That's NOT how WW will look in the film.
    If you remove the filter, you get something like this :
    IMG_20150315_232748.jpg

There will be color in the movie, rest assured guys. And remember, Larry Fong is the cinematographer this time around :-P

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Sad Wonderwoman was my only reason for watching this and no I just don't care.

no flying-easy to fix with a gift from her gods but still
    not played by a Greek
    wrong body shape yes, too skinny and NO1 I know ever brings up her boobs so that is not what I hear people complaining about
    wrong eye color but easy fix, but the putting small muscles on a super thin frame does not cut it.
    and not impressed by her past work

So my only reason to watch this is gone......unless I hear Supergirl is in it and kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I don't consider Jamie Alexander to be that physically imposing. She's tall, but she's also rather slender.
    Yeah, Jamie isn't imposing at all now. She actually used to be bigger in her Kyle XY days. She's slimmed down quite a bit since.
    And by the way, Gadot is taller than Alexander : 5'9 vs 5'7
    And when put next to Cavill's, she does not look like the "twig" the haters make her out to be.
    Gal+Gadot+Warner+Bros+Pictures+Panel+Presentation+js_Z4-UNuOKl.jpg
    14613013189_be507a4495_z.jpg

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Yeesh, people really talked that much crap about her playing a movie role? Ridiculous.

I may think she isnt a good fit, but I have no intentions of personally attacking her for it.

I like how she's handling it though. Thick skin is really all that's needed, good on her.

Ultimate Member

Well it seems like some fans just have to complain about SOMETHING. It doesn't matter the project is, who's making it, who's cast, etc, they'll find SOMETHING to whine about. And yes, WW should fly, period. There's no reason for her NOT to.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    My problem with WW flying is that I can't recall anything interesting she has done with it. Its primarily used for travel. Flight for Superman feels like a integral component of his character. Sure it wasn't part of his character at first, but it has been with him for most of his existence.

If you look Azz's run, how often would does she use flight?
    > once to save Zola
    > another on New Genesis
    > again during the her fight with Moon
    > ...?

She just doesn't use it that often. You can say "Well that is Azz so...X" but I don't remember her using it under the Finches, or extensively in any other post-Crisis run. Perez is the exception of course as he introduced the power, but even he has Wonder Woman fighting on foot a lot.
    Gail Simone had Diana fly up and intercept a nuclear missile heading for Themiscyra.

In a League of One, Diana engaged a dragon in mid-air.

Diana and the rest of the League wrapped her Lasso around the entire planet in order to save it. How crappy would it look if Diana could only hand the Lasso over to the other Leaguers and sit back and watch while they save the world?

No flight? No space missions for Diana.

Diana shouldn't need to be CARRIED into battle by either Superman or GL.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

I just think that living in a world where the biggest draw in MMA is currently a woman, when you have a character who is a woman who fights we sort of know what that looks like, and it doesn't look like her.

Magick is Everywhere

Strangely enough, the costume is the least of my concerns. It's alright I guess.

This whole emo-ing for DC's iconic heroes bar Batman and the Flash has me underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's a difference between "practically fly" and actually fly. And the latter has been a WW power for decades.
    My Wonder Woman could glide on air currents and had an invisible plane to fly in. OK, things have changed since those days, but maybe the movie Wonder Woman doesn't fly. No need to hurt yourself.

Sandy Hausler