Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Except that Pyg's escape from Arkham was mentioned.

Also, we already saw the entire Bat-Fam's reaction to the reveal of Dick Grayson's identity.

Between the acting commissioner releasing a mass murderer on scene without booking him, and ignoring the fact that the identity of the man that is supposed to be the police force's number one priority should be obvious to a grade-school kid, this issue had some real continuity issues.

That being said the writing was good, the art had some good moments, and I'm really glad to have the gang wars back in the front of the story.
    I haven`t been following up FE, does anyone have the page of the reveal? Did Jason and co also saw it or just the close-nit family?

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I haven`t been following up FE, does anyone have the page of the reveal? Did Jason and co also saw it or just the close-nit family?
    Saying the entire family is an exaggeration. I believe it was in Forever Evil #1 that we saw both Tim and Barbara react with shock, then later we saw Batman's reaction. So far as I am aware we have seen no reaction shots from Jason, Gordon, or Alfred. Nor have we had reaction from Kate Kane or Luke Fox.

After reading Forever LuthorBoner, I want Batman out of the DCU. He was written like a Neanderthal! Bizarro had more relevance and depth in the story! Batman is paying all your bills, man!! He doesn't need this crap. Eternal is better than all that DCU supercrapola. Ooohh big woop di doo, the Anti-monitor. I'll pick penguin with his penguins, schizo Porky Pig, the black mirror dudes, cluemaster with his trailer park villain friends, the ghost thingies, Joker's daughter and her severed arm accessories, Don Carmineone, and that hilariously over the top corrupt cop guy over that Galactus without a cool helmet plot device any day. Good bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I'd have to double check but I think when the reveal happened they showed Babs, Tim and the Titans, and Jason and the Outlaws seeing it. Babs got distracted by Bane and the Arkham Wars, but Tim and the Titans went to try and save him. They were thrown into the future by Johnny Quick. I'm not sure why Jason didn't come, but I think he was off earth or something. Bruce didn't see it until later, after he had saved Cyborg and brought Selina to the Batcave. He immediately started a rescue mission. I'll pull the issue and double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Saying the entire family is an exaggeration. I believe it was in Forever Evil #1 that we saw both Tim and Barbara react with shock, then later we saw Batman's reaction. So far as I am aware we have seen no reaction shots from Jason, Gordon, or Alfred. Nor have we had reaction from Kate Kane or Luke Fox.
    I'm not sure if I would consider Kate Kane or Luke Fox as full-fledged Bat-Fam members, more like Batman Inc. members. None of us have seen Alfred in anything except 'Tec since the start of FE. As for Gordon, they can't have him talk about it in Eternal because it would have revealed other story-lines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    After reading Forever LuthorBoner, I want Batman out of the DCU.
    Just because Johns doesn't like the BatGod doesn't mean he writes a bad Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    BatGod? That wasn't even Bathomosapien. "GRRRRRR! You Killed NIGHTWING Batman ANGRY!!!"

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    John's writes a terrible new 52 Batman.

He also wrote one of the worst batman standalones in Batman: Earth One (I still can believe people recommend this).
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post

He also wrote one of the worst batman standalones in Batman: Earth One (I still can believe people recommend this).
    Aw, but that book is so much fun.

Now, if you want to see some real crappy Batman standalones, try Batman: Fortunate Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I'd have to double check but I think when the reveal happened they showed Babs, Tim and the Titans, and Jason and the Outlaws seeing it. Babs got distracted by Bane and the Arkham Wars, but Tim and the Titans went to try and save him. They were thrown into the future by Johnny Quick. I'm not sure why Jason didn't come, but I think he was off earth or something. Bruce didn't see it until later, after he had saved Cyborg and brought Selina to the Batcave. He immediately started a rescue mission. I'll pull the issue and double check.
    I was wrong, we do not have any indication that Jason knows at all. He wasn't in the reveal panels.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Aw, but that book is so much fun.

Now, if you want to see some real crappy Batman standalones, try Batman: Fortunate Son.
    I couldn't stand Earth: One.

I've always wanted to read Fortunate Son, but I've refrained because of the comments I've seen about it.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post

Batman: Earth One is one of the best alternate takes on Batman ever and exactly what the Earth One line needed.

Something different from the usual that actually builds the universe where it exists.

Amazing Member

I don't think earth one is a universe anymore, they're treating each hero in it as being part of a different continuity.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Forever View Post
    I don't think earth one is a universe anymore, they're treating each hero in it as being part of a different continuity.
    I'm pretty sure they will most certainly make all the characters meet in the inevitable Justice League: Earth One OGN.

BANNED

I leafed through this in the store and decided not to pick it up. Did not care for how Catwoman was written or drawn. Ick.

Astonishing Member

Johns's JL Batman is great. He writes him as smart and tactical without kowtowing the Batgod like Timm and co. Like even when the run was terrible like in that first year with Jim Lee, Batman was the one character was acting mature and rational.

I can sympathize with people who feel that Batman got shafted for Lexgod, but now you know how Superman fans have felt for the last couple decades.