Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default what if the roles were reversed - hero villain switcharro

be it an inversion spell or an elseworld tale, which dc hero would rock as a villain and of course vice-versa.

post your ideas, supporting statements, and maybe even counter arguments, all in the name of good fun.

my hero to villain would be:

1. martian manhunter

not an outright villain motivated by world domination, but sort of an alien refugee who came from a world of different culture and values, who sees the "mistakes" of earth leaders.

j'onn would be really scary if placed in this role. with his telephatic, shape shifting, invisibility, phasing abilities, no government would be safe. and when outed and discovered, his super strength, invulnerability, and laser vision would make him a force to be reckoned with.

2. batman

i see him as an upgraded version of ozymandias. nuff said.

i didn't include injustice superman or parallax hal jordan because i've read volumes about them, but i guess they are still fair game.

now who my villain to hero would be... this is actually harder... uhmmm..

1. deadshot
    an inhumanly accurate marksman who specializes in non-lethal arsenal.

chime in below if you wanna play..

BANNED

I'd like to see Joker as a flawed detective, trying to hold in his insanity and do his best to solve cases and keep the city safe. Harley can be the crazy girl he tries to rehabilitate.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I'd like to see Joker as a flawed detective, trying to hold in his insanity and do his best to solve cases and keep the city safe. Harley can be the crazy girl he tries to rehabilitate.
    man, that would be a great series. i would love to follow that.

and for some reason i'm thinking of leo dicaprio for this role....

penetrator of things

DC Comics: Axis
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    DC Comics: Axis
    yes, i know.

so what if the inversion spell affected the dc universe as well kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    be it an inversion spell or an elseworld tale, which dc hero would rock as a villain and of course vice-versa.

post your ideas, supporting statements, and maybe even counter arguments, all in the name of good fun.

my hero to villain would be:

1. martian manhunter

not an outright villain motivated by world domination, but sort of an alien refugee who came from a world of different culture and values, who sees the "mistakes" of earth leaders.

j'onn would be really scary if placed in this role. with his telephatic, shape shifting, invisibility, phasing abilities, no government would be safe. and when outed and discovered, his super strength, invulnerability, and laser vision would make him a force to be reckoned with.

2. batman

i see him as an upgraded version of ozymandias. nuff said.

i didn't include injustice superman or parallax hal jordan because i've read volumes about them, but i guess they are still fair game.

now who my villain to hero would be... this is actually harder... uhmmm..

1. deadshot
    an inhumanly accurate marksman who specializes in non-lethal arsenal.

chime in below if you wanna play..
    oh, and maybe you could mention who would be a good arch nemesis or even a rogue gallery for the inverted villain or hero.

ok. let me continue my earlier post.

if j'onn becomes a villain i would avoid the obvious fire based heroes.

i would go with the conspiracy theorist the question/vic sage as j'onns initial nemesis. as vic progresses in his investigation, he would later be joined by other charlton characters like blue beetle, peacemaker, and nightshade. and when the they discover the true nature of their martian foe and when all hope seems lost, good ol' captain atom joins the fight for an epic finale.

It's interesting how some old concepts can be re-worked into something exciting--Superior Spider Man, for example. I'd love to see this done with Superman and Luthor, it would've been great seeing Lex pretend to be Kal El while secretly re-configuring the Fortress to his personal tastes and setting up to rule the world.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Do it like Chinatown (Nicholson!), and have Harley be his private eye secretary, and Bruce Wayne be some paranoid old money incestuous conspirator hoarding all of Gotham's water rights, and I'm in!

How about Superman? Clark Kent is a right-wing news 'journalist' who publicly is Superman (allegedly, for plausible deniability), the hawkish all-american "hero" world police, defending his corporate backers with violence and intimidation. And Lex Luthor is the self-made philanthropist who must expose his corruption using ingenuity ... and whistleblower/hacktivism/social media. Metallo is a PTSD victim of the military-industrial complex. Brainiac is like a Coluan Doctor Who. This is of course an attempt to "flip" them but retain a lot of their core character traits, as opposed to a more overt "Lies, Injustice, and the Fascist Way" take. (Like this is how Luthor actually sees himself!) Here, Luthor is the one with the secret identity - a bit Batmanesque. I don't know what iconography he might use - an American Guy Fawkes equivalent.

Cheetah ... a pagan adventurer who must defend the world from evil Steve Trevor's secret Amazonian super-soldier, Wonder Woman, a paramilitary she-devil (lady Alexander) with no compassion or remorse, who wants to remake the world into a new Sparta/Mediterranean style empire. Cheetah is blessed with powers from older gods who predate the capricious and wicked Olympians and have a grudge from way back when the Olympians sicced their Amazons on elder cultures in Africa. She's got a few northern european allies like the expert in European pagan goddesses, Paula Von Gunther, the former slave of the Olympians, Circe (imprisoned because she dared to love her fellow man after the debut of Christ) and the hero of the subjugated Celtic gods Morgaine le Fey. (Sidenote: In this "flip", Cheetah is a biracial South African. Still Priscilla Rich, though, whose secret identity as a debutante supermodel is a cover for her lower-class roots, a smidge Catwomanesque.)

The "Trinity" then consists of a depravity-uncovering detective Joker, anti-corporate activist Luthor, and retaker of religious freedom Cheetah. The whole thing feels vaguely "Earth-3" except it couldn't work under E-3 logic/physics. Same with Earth-40, where the villains are still villains. It would have to be a proper "flip earth" where the flipped villains can actually win, so maybe one of the unknown earths.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 03-23-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Cyborg
    Young scientist who attempted to murder his father and steal his work, ended up destroying their research facility in the struggle and almost dying as a result, managed to build himself a new cybernetic body and now believes that humanity's destiny is to transcend flesh and become machine.

Black Manta
    Famed celebrity treasure hunter and undersea explorer who had his own reality TV show, after he witnessed his father being killed by Atlantean Raiders, he gave up on his career and diverted his considerable fortune to acquiring the latest tech and weapons on a quest to bring his father's killer to justice and patrol the seas protecting innocents from the brutality of Atlantis.

Incredible Member

the easiest for me to imagine is jason todd turning full fledged villain. not just a hot tempered, misguided vigilante, but someone who dispensed justice on his own terms, cleaned up gotham and became it's undisputed mob boss. it sorta happened this way when he started anyways.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    It's interesting how some old concepts can be re-worked into something exciting--Superior Spider Man, for example. I'd love to see this done with Superman and Luthor, it would've been great seeing Lex pretend to be Kal El while secretly re-configuring the Fortress to his personal tastes and setting up to rule the world.
    remember the jlu episode where luthor got trapped in flash's body?

the flash can be brutal given the right err wrong mind.

Incredible Member

and when lex tried to learn flash's secret identity

hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Do it like Chinatown (Nicholson!), and have Harley be his private eye secretary, and Bruce Wayne be some paranoid old money incestuous conspirator hoarding all of Gotham's water rights, and I'm in!

How about Superman? Clark Kent is a right-wing news 'journalist' who publicly is Superman (allegedly, for plausible deniability), the hawkish all-american "hero" world police, defending his corporate backers with violence and intimidation. And Lex Luthor is the self-made philanthropist who must expose his corruption using ingenuity ... and whistleblower/hacktivism/social media. Metallo is a PTSD victim of the military-industrial complex. Brainiac is like a Coluan Doctor Who. This is of course an attempt to "flip" them but retain a lot of their core character traits, as opposed to a more overt "Lies, Injustice, and the Fascist Way" take. (Like this is how Luthor actually sees himself!) Here, Luthor is the one with the secret identity - a bit Batmanesque. I don't know what iconography he might use - an American Guy Fawkes equivalent.

Cheetah ... a pagan adventurer who must defend the world from evil Steve Trevor's secret Amazonian super-soldier, Wonder Woman, a paramilitary she-devil (lady Alexander) with no compassion or remorse, who wants to remake the world into a new Sparta/Mediterranean style empire. Cheetah is blessed with powers from older gods who predate the capricious and wicked Olympians and have a grudge from way back when the Olympians sicced their Amazons on elder cultures in Africa. She's got a few northern european allies like the expert in European pagan goddesses, Paula Von Gunther, the former slave of the Olympians, Circe (imprisoned because she dared to love her fellow man after the debut of Christ) and the hero of the subjugated Celtic gods Morgaine le Fey. (Sidenote: In this "flip", Cheetah is a biracial South African. Still Priscilla Rich, though, whose secret identity as a debutante supermodel is a cover for her lower-class roots, a smidge Catwomanesque.)

The "Trinity" then consists of a depravity-uncovering detective Joker, anti-corporate activist Luthor, and retaker of religious freedom Cheetah. The whole thing feels vaguely "Earth-3" except it couldn't work under E-3 logic/physics. Same with Earth-40, where the villains are still villains. It would have to be a proper "flip earth" where the flipped villains can actually win, so maybe one of the unknown earths.
    I agree with almost all of this but I'd replace with Cheetah with Circe. I'm thinking of making her a sorceress who offers sanctuary to victims of the gods and even reverses the changes done to the ones turned into animals or monsters (like Medusa and Arachne). She would be Lex and the Joker's expert on magic and mysticism.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    i like the idea of a "flip" earth and not just the earth 3 concept. in earth 3, the syndicate has eradicated almost all opposition. it would be interesting to follow the adventures of a "flipped" mirror master or a joker turned hero.