Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Teen Titans (Wolfman/Perez-era)

Nightwing/Dick Grayson, 'apprentice' to a heroic vigilante, he betrays his mentor and uses his skills for assassination, being more of a Red X / 'Slade's Apprentice' sort of character than any version of Robin. He's generally agreed to be one of the most dangerous un-enhanced humans on the planet, which has drawn the attention of the violent Starfire.

Starfire, half-Tamaranean/half-Okaraan 'warlord,' one of one hundred and seventy two members of the 'royal family' in ruthless control of the Vegan system, all competing to outdo (and /or kill) their siblings. She has come to the backwater of Earth, intending to conquer this world with the help of recruited local superhumans and mercenaries (since, like all of the royals of her system, she can't possibly trust any of her own people, who could be agents of her siblings!), to gain status back home by delivering a new world of slaves to her ruling grandparents.

Kid Flash, derived his speed powers by killing and drinking the chemically-saturated blood of his mentor, Barry Allen. A high speed vandal and thrill-killer, he seeks out other speed-empowered folk (such as his world's versions of Max Mercury or Jenny Quick) to drain their power as well, to both perpetuate and enhance his own. He likes to steal fantastic works of art and destroy them as 'gifts' to his lady, Raven.

Raven, red furred antlered hooved and with four golden eyes, Raven is very much Trigon's Daughter, sent to Earth to prepare it for his imminent arrival. But she's not really as much 'Daddy's Girl' as he thought, and she's dragging her hooves, enjoying her time away from her father, and working out a plan by which she allows more of his power into this dimension (which she will absorb), but then 'ruling it in his name,' rather than actually allowing him into this dimension to claim it himself... A dangerous game, to betray her father, but one she's up for. She plays other dangerous games, such as using her empathic abilities to toy with the affections of Kid Flash.

Cyborg, hitting up his researcher parents for some performance-enhancing drugs, this athlete was partially devoured by a shapeless extra-dimensional creature that evolved from a single earth bacterium left behind in an extradimensional pocket realm overnight (once the connection between earth and this parallel universe was severed, a single night on earth was a million years for the micro-organisms left behind in 'altered space'!). His father stole other researchers new impact-absorbing sound-generating metal to build a cyborg exoskeleton to replace the legs, arm and part of skull and torso devoured by the entity, turning his son into the ruthless dehumanized Cyborg.

Changeling, what remained of the organism that crippled Victor Stone (and completely devoured his mother) was thought dead when Victor's dad shut the dimensional portal down, ripping it in half between dimensions. What remained in this universe crawled away, retaining the DNA of those it had consumed, and took the form of Elinore Stone, visiting 'her' son during his convalescence. The entity now travels with Cyborg, having taken another human form (presumably by absorbing and devouring a young kid...), and having the ability to transform itself into any of the dozens of creatures that it has 'sampled' in it's time in this dimension. It's relationship with Victor, who knows it isn't his mother, but is actually the creature that killed her, is complicated...

Their primary foes include Slade Wilson, a mercenary adventurer with enhanced fighting abilities who considers taking out this superhuman villains to be 'the most dangerous game' and the only thing worthy of his attention, and the earth-manipulator Terra Markov, infiltrating their ruthless team as an undercover mole for the Terminator. Also Dr. Light and his Fearsome Five (young metahumans he's rescued from the Titans or their criminal allies), and Brother Blood (by no means a hero, Blood was high priest of Trigon on Earth until Raven arrived, and has figured out that she's stalling the grand invocation, attempting to keep Trigon *off* of Earth as she attempts to usurp it's mystical power for herself!).

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

Has anyone made the requisite joke about doing a switcharoo with the Doom Patrol? All it would really take is an attitude change. That, and I'd just love to see Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man as an earnest superhero. It would be so great.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Hawkman and Hawkwoman
    Intergalactic bounty hunters, Katar and Shayera Hol are on the hunt across the stars for a man named Byth. Byth was framed for the murder of Thanagar's monarch, but the winged duo does not care for the circumstances surrounding the murder. They just want to collect the bounty. While chasing down Byth, they become trapped on the planet Earth. While on Earth, they decide to make the most of their talents by becoming two of the deadliest mercenaries money can buy.

The Thanagarians are alien predators or alien cannibals eating up helpless earthlings and Byth arrives on earth to protect all sentient life from the hungry thanagarians.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The Thanagarians are alien predators or alien cannibals eating up helpless earthlings and Byth arrives on earth to protect all sentient life from the hungry thanagarians.
    the thanagarians as alien predators would make a lot of sense. but i would probably replace byth with adam strange instead.

Incredible Member

looks like the hawks can be effective and menacing as antagonists.

really feel sorry for the justice riders.

Mighty Member

Here's an Elseworlds idea that might interest anyone as it's not anything that been done before like this...

If a young Lex Luthor was making a formula to have Superboy be invincible against Kryptonite, but it all went wrong when the Boy of Steel tried to save him in his own lab (after an explosion happened in it) which resulted in the teen hero accidentally sniffed a little of the fumes from the formula that was altered that slowly, but surely changed SB into a meaner and meaner person not only towards his enemies...but also his allies and friends. Later on, when Superboy went too far in teaching a just a passer-by 'a lesson' for 'disturbing the peace' (when that person had not done anything to do that), Lex saw this and decided to use a highly advanced battle suit to fight off Superboy a little and also make him see reason in the hopes that his pal won't go down further to the path of viciousness.

Long story short, Superboy went at went at it with Lex Luthor, but thankful for the teenage genius (with some help from Superboy's former allies) soon managed to trick and trap the Boy of Steel inside the Phantom Zone. Lex never thought that he had to resort to following his second plan, but it was clear that he wasn't getting through to SB and the teen had no other good options. Also, Lex realizes that the super teen acted the way he did became of Lex's ruined formula. Feeling guilty, the teenager dedicated his life in not only finding a cure for his friend's condition, but also continuing on his mission in protecting mankind (from Smallville to elsewhere). But the kid genius won't do it alone as he'll have Superboy's former allies and friends to help him out too whenever he needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ok. let me continue my earlier post.

if j'onn becomes a villain i would avoid the obvious fire based heroes.

i would go with the conspiracy theorist the question/vic sage as j'onns initial nemesis. as vic progresses in his investigation, he would later be joined by other charlton characters like blue beetle, peacemaker, and nightshade. and when the they discover the true nature of their martian foe and when all hope seems lost, good ol' captain atom joins the fight for an epic finale.
    I'm actually surprised Lex Luthor isn't one of J'onn's archenemies. Lex always claims that he's out to protect earth from hostile alien superman... but here we have an alien that can literally read minds and be disguised as your mother any time he wants...

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    the easiest for me to imagine is jason todd turning full fledged villain. not just a hot tempered, misguided vigilante, but someone who dispensed justice on his own terms, cleaned up gotham and became it's undisputed mob boss. it sorta happened this way when he started anyways.
    Yeah, I hate, hate HATE this 'redeemed-ish' Red Hood. I liked Jason BEST as cautionary tale that he was when he was dead. A better symbol than a character... but at least when they brought him back as the vigilante who kills. The 'bad son' that took all of Batman's training and betrayed his standards.... that was at least new and interesting. Current version who may or may not kill and Batman may or may not allow it... is just meh. It's like a holding pattern for an interesting story they dont' want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    and when lex tried to learn flash's secret identity

hilarious!
    LOL!!! I remember seeing a Barry Allen Flash comic from silver age or something that this refrences!!! It had Barry passed on a slab or table and the villain had pulled of his mask and was screaming "After all this time, I've finally unmasked the Flash... and I've NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE IN MY LIFE!!"

I always wanted to buy that one, but never got around to it Great reference and something I'm surprised doesn't happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Here's an Elseworlds idea that might interest anyone as it's not anything that been done before like this...

If a young Lex Luthor was making a formula to have Superboy be invincible against Kryptonite, but it all went wrong when the Boy of Steel tried to save him in his own lab (after an explosion happened in it) which resulted in the teen hero accidentally sniffed a little of the fumes from the formula that was altered that slowly, but surely changed SB into a meaner and meaner person not only towards his enemies...but also his allies and friends. Later on, when Superboy went too far in teaching a just a passer-by 'a lesson' for 'disturbing the peace' (when that person had not done anything to do that), Lex saw this and decided to use a highly advanced battle suit to fight off Superboy a little and also make him see reason in the hopes that his pal won't go down further to the path of viciousness.

Long story short, Superboy went at went at it with Lex Luthor, but thankful for the teenage genius (with some help from Superboy's former allies) soon managed to trick and trap the Boy of Steel inside the Phantom Zone. Lex never thought that he had to resort to following his second plan, but it was clear that he wasn't getting through to SB and the teen had no other good options. Also, Lex realizes that the super teen acted the way he did became of Lex's ruined formula. Feeling guilty, the teenager dedicated his life in not only finding a cure for his friend's condition, but also continuing on his mission in protecting mankind (from Smallville to elsewhere). But the kid genius won't do it alone as he'll have Superboy's former allies and friends to help him out too whenever he needs them.

this was my first thought when I read the title. It's been done a little bit to death... but what if Superman really WAS the evil conquering alien threat that Lex always claimed he was. This perfect man with all the powers of a god and the only one to stop him was a super-scientist and whatever weapons he could think up...

I think they hit on it in Injustice, but Batman v Superman always seems to take center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post

i've forgotten that this thread exists. how did you find it?

Boisterously Confused

The Grey Paladin: Slade Wilson, supersoldier, ARGUS' man on the ground in the hottest of spots. Nearly killed by the experiments that gave him access to 90% of his brain's potential, the love for his family helped him hold onto his moral center. While he never lost his dedication to The US Army, the experience nuanced it, and moved him beyond blindly following orders.

He now acts as an independent intelligence/covert-action operative, taking cut-out jobs for The Army, and for ARGUS, but often addresses threats on his own initiative. His personal operations are supported by his best friend and logistics manager (Wintergreen), and his wife and intel/ops coordinator (Adeline). Together they seek out threats all over the world, with particular attention to terrorism, espionage, drug-smuggling, and arms dealing.

His younger son, Joseph, is kept far from The Life, pursuing a promising musical career. His older son, Grant, however, unable to ever feel that he would ever measure up to his father, fled to become a mercenary after a family argument that culminated in an attempt to murder Slade, costing The Paladin his left eye.

The Grey Paladin's greatest enemy? The Magistrate. Once among Slade's most trusted allies, Adrian Chase was unhinged by the murder of his family, and determined to not only take vengeance on all organized crime, but to eliminate anyone he thinks evil or corrupt. The rivalry between the two has become especially bitter since The Magistrate's recruitment of a chief lieutenant: the skilled mercenary Ravager, AKA Grant Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    this was my first thought when I read the title. It's been done a little bit to death... but what if Superman really WAS the evil conquering alien threat that Lex always claimed he was. This perfect man with all the powers of a god and the only one to stop him was a super-scientist and whatever weapons he could think up...

I think they hit on it in Injustice, but Batman v Superman always seems to take center stage.
    yeah, really enjoyed tom taylor's injustice.

but, how about batman becomes the antagonist this time. imagine a world under the yoke of batman's rule.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i've forgotten that this thread exists. how did you find it?
    I saw your thread while searching for others that have to do with the NAoH (New Age of Heroes) line of comics.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given I've always seen him as DC's answer to Doctor Octopus, I have often wondered what Mister Freeze would be like if he reformed and became a Superior Spider-Man like anti-hero... still determined to cure his wife and still wholly detached, but rationalizing that if he helped Gotham and put corrupted businessmen like Ferris Boyle in jail instead of killing them, it would be easier to gain people's trust and so gain access to the technology and funding he needs to help her.

Incredible Member

Bat man as the fascist dictator of his own city state, imposing order through dear and superstition. The joke is a mysterious messiah figure, looking to free the minds of the population with a dash of chaos.....

Ultimate Member

Superman is an evil Utraman-like conqueror, who considers the Earth and it's fragile people his pets and playground.

Lex Luthor discovers some abandoned Kryptonian fabrication technology (sent to Earth with baby Kal) that requires Kryptonian DNA to activate and engineers a series of fights between Superman and various other threats all with the goal to acquire a single drop of Superman's blood, which he uses to activate the machine and produce a suit of Kryptonian battle armor for himself, finally allowing someone to challenge the Steel Tyrant...