Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Not soon enough imo.

Fantastic Member

Birds of Prey could have had a nice run if they had kept the original cast in place. The early part of the run was rather decent because of the cast. Duane had problems following through on his plots though. I stopped reading it but was always hopeful for it to become a better book.

BANNED

When BOP is relaunched, the gals should open up shop someplace else instead of Gotham City.

I'm sorry to see Birds of Prey cancelled, but not surprised. Marx never really had much of a chance to put her stamp on this.

It is likely that it will be relaunched in the near future. When it is, I would most like it to return to a set-up similar to my favorite incarnation: Oracle/Black Canary. I liked the duo of intel center and field operative. Simone wrote the characters better, with better dialogue and interactions, but the team really ballooned toward the end of her run and was much more into superheroics than the original globe-trotting espionage and messing with high-level criminals. The Oracle position wouldn't need to be Babs or some other woman in a wheelchair; she could have some other reason for remaining in the data and communication hub, such as just not being good at doing physical things like rappelling and fighting.

It's unlikely to happen that way, but it's what I would like.
    Pull: Batgirl, Worlds' Finest, Sensation, Batman '66, MLP

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    When BOP is relaunched, the gals should open up shop someplace else instead of Gotham City.
    This... is actually not a bad idea.

They should have a mobile-HQ -- some sort of plane, and Zinda should be back, as the pilot.

Relaunch BOP with Gail Simone as the writer and Bertinelli as the Huntress

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Relaunch BOP with Gail Simone as the writer and Bertinelli as the Huntress
    That would be nice. Other than Batgirl, what does Gail write these days?

Astonishing Member

Red Sonja and Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimarenda View Post
    I'm sorry to see Birds of Prey cancelled, but not surprised. Marx never really had much of a chance to put her stamp on this.

It is likely that it will be relaunched in the near future. When it is, I would most like it to return to a set-up similar to my favorite incarnation: Oracle/Black Canary. I liked the duo of intel center and field operative. Simone wrote the characters better, with better dialogue and interactions, but the team really ballooned toward the end of her run and was much more into superheroics than the original globe-trotting espionage and messing with high-level criminals. The Oracle position wouldn't need to be Babs or some other woman in a wheelchair; she could have some other reason for remaining in the data and communication hub, such as just not being good at doing physical things like rappelling and fighting.

It's unlikely to happen that way, but it's what I would like.
    And after I wrote this, I read today's issue of BoP where they go to the barge where Mother Eve has a lot of data and surveillance on a criminal that the team studies and then heads off to defeat. Not an exact analogue of course, but amusingly similar.
    Pull: Batgirl, Worlds' Finest, Sensation, Batman '66, MLP

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    Birds of Prey could have had a nice run if they had kept the original cast in place. The early part of the run was rather decent because of the cast. Duane had problems following through on his plots though. I stopped reading it but was always hopeful for it to become a better book.
    It was not his fault editorial green lit a long 12 issue or so story arc, then changed there minds and told him to end it fast. Same thing with his Poison Ivy one, they wanted it done so they could use her. He did not even want her to leave yet. He had plans to bring him back and finish things, but they fired him to fast.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Just finished reading the last BOP trade. Sad to see that series end, I really liked Marx' run. If it hadn't been canceled and there weren't a huge gap between the issues and the trades I would jump on. Pick up the back issues I was lagging behind and get the latest at my comic store right now.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

BANNED

Wasn't a fan of Batwing until that Futures End issue. What a twist! Loads of fun. Had no idea Birds of Prey was still going lol. All Star Western was one of the most enjoyable DC books for me. Sad to see it go.