Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Batman #40 delayed?

I was looking on DC's site (what a pain that is) to see if I had missed Batman #40, and it looks like it's been delayed. I can't find any confirmation, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen that anywhere or if CBR already reported it. Kind of a bummer to wait two months for the resolution of this arc, right?

Quote Originally Posted by reubs View Post
    I was looking on DC's site (what a pain that is) to see if I had missed Batman #40, and it looks like it's been delayed. I can't find any confirmation, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen that anywhere or if CBR already reported it. Kind of a bummer to wait two months for the resolution of this arc, right?
    Yup we've known this for some time now. Same with Superman and the Justice league. They apparently did it for reasons other than "Capullo needed more time". There was never an official statement given regarding the matter though (to my knowledge anyway).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Yup we've known this for some time now. Same with Superman and the Justice league. They apparently did it for reasons other than "Capullo needed more time". There was never an official statement given regarding the matter though (to my knowledge anyway).
    Thanks. I must have missed that. I normally just show up and buy my books, so if something like this happens, I miss it.

I think retailers are getting nervous with the whole convergence stuff, so DC decided to release some of the classical stuff later.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I think retailers are getting nervous with the whole convergence stuff, so DC decided to release some of the classical stuff later.
    It certainly doesn't hurt to have something to sell from the current and ongoing continuity. Though if it was just that you'd think they'd have staggered the delayed books over different weeks, as a strategy to get readers into the shops, and possibly picking up something else from Convergence alongside a single ongoing release.

As it is, they all seem to be coming out in late May, so I guess they're being used as a soft lead back into the regular titles. Unless, of course, something in Convergence affects their actual content, but it seems a bit too divorced from ongoing continuity for that. I wouldn't expect to see any Convergence influences bleeding through until the September theme month. (Assuming that happens again this year, when we've already had a 2 month interruption, of course.)

Yup we've known this for some time now. Same with...the Justice league.
    Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    As it is, they all seem to be coming out in late May, so I guess they're being used as a soft lead back into the regular titles.
    Oh right, would be my favourite and most anticipated titles, wouldn't it...

Multiversity #2 as well, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Oh right, would be my favourite and most anticipated titles, wouldn't it...

Multiversity #2 as well, no?
    April 1st for Multiversity number 2, i thought.

ALso Batman #40 will be 40 pages i heard? Can someone confirm?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    It certainly doesn't hurt to have something to sell from the current and ongoing continuity. Though if it was just that you'd think they'd have staggered the delayed books over different weeks, as a strategy to get readers into the shops, and possibly picking up something else from Convergence alongside a single ongoing release.

As it is, they all seem to be coming out in late May, so I guess they're being used as a soft lead back into the regular titles. Unless, of course, something in Convergence affects their actual content, but it seems a bit too divorced from ongoing continuity for that. I wouldn't expect to see any Convergence influences bleeding through until the September theme month. (Assuming that happens again this year, when we've already had a 2 month interruption, of course.)
    Aren't they all coming out the first week of April? I think it has more to do with wanting some big titles that first week because all that is available is the first issue of Convergence and some annuals. People on the fence about Convergence might be more likely to pick it up if they are in the store to pick up one of the other big DC titles they read.

Diamond has Batman 40 shipping 04-01, DC website says 04-29.

Batman, Superman, and Justice League are coming out on 4/29 because of Free Comic Book Day. There will be an 8 page preview of those 3 books for FCBD.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Batman, Superman, and Justice League are coming out on 4/29 because of Free Comic Book Day. There will be an 8 page preview of those 3 books for FCBD.
    I thought the FCBD previews are for the june issues? I could be wrong ofc.

I don't think the FCBD stuff is going to be previews per se, but rather unique short interludes that tease the upcoming storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Aren't they all coming out the first week of April? I think it has more to do with wanting some big titles that first week because all that is available is the first issue of Convergence and some annuals. People on the fence about Convergence might be more likely to pick it up if they are in the store to pick up one of the other big DC titles they read.
    My mistake, it's actually late April rather than late May that they're due to come out now. Which at least means that there'll only be a month long gap for some of the ongoing continuity, provided you read one or more of the affected titles. It might at least pick up extra Convergence reads from the people who go in once a month rather than every week.

Astonishing Member

This is the current information...

Multiversity #2
    - 4/29
    - $6
    - 56 pages

Batman #40
    - 4/29
    - $5
    - 40 pages

Justice League #40
    - 4/29
    - $4
    - 32 pages

Superman #40
    - 4/29
    - $4
    - 32 pages

It's going to be a long month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I don't think the FCBD stuff is going to be previews per se, but rather unique short interludes that tease the upcoming storylines.
    A first look at upcoming storylines! DC Comics: Divergence features three 8-page previews for the June releases of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's Batman, as well as Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok's launch of the "Darkseid War" within Justice League featuring the biggest villains in the DCU - Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, and Gene Luen Yang's DC Comics debut with celebrated artist John Romita, Jr on Superman.