Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I loved that arc from Azrael, it was definitely a high point for the series. I scored the individual issues from Midtown Comics' website for a couple bucks each about three or four years ago. Definitely worth checking their site if you're interested in reading/owning it.

And if you're going to read Contagion & Legacy, you absolutely MUST read the 4-issue Bane of the Demon mini-series, as it sets the deck for the entire scheme that Ra's unleashes, as well as explaining Bane's involvement (and his first official rematch with Batman since Knightfall).

Quote Originally Posted by sicsexsix View Post
    I loved that arc from Azrael, it was definitely a high point for the series. I scored the individual issues from Midtown Comics' website for a couple bucks each about three or four years ago. Definitely worth checking their site if you're interested in reading/owning it.

And if you're going to read Contagion & Legacy, you absolutely MUST read the 4-issue Bane of the Demon mini-series, as it sets the deck for the entire scheme that Ra's unleashes, as well as explaining Bane's involvement (and his first official rematch with Batman since Knightfall).
    Was "Bane of the Demon" collected in that Batman vs Bane tpb a couple years ago? I never picked that one up.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Was "Bane of the Demon" collected in that Batman vs Bane tpb a couple years ago? I never picked that one up.
    Yep. It also reprints that prestige format one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    "Contagion" remains one of my favorite Batman stories ever, even if you skip on the other stuff, read it. It's awesome.
    Really? I thought that was quite poor

I always wondered was The Dark Knight Rises inspired by No Man's Land? Because I recently read the story and it's crossovers and it is quite similar on where the story takes place.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yep. It also reprints that prestige format one-shot.
    I don't recall that being correct.
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=243464

Seems the solicit suggested that, but instead it was Veng of Bane (yet again) and Bane of the Demon. I own the tpb, but don't have access to it right now.

Just finished custom binding my Knightfall material into great new volumes. Will wait on DC a little to see if it recollects Legacy (already have the current incomplete tpb)...then recollect or not, I'll custom bind all that up to NML.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-25-2015 at 07:40 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Really? I thought that was quite poor
    My taste is questionable, I admit...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I always wondered was The Dark Knight Rises inspired by No Man's Land? Because I recently read the story and it's crossovers and it is quite similar on where the story takes place.
    What Nolan does is take and fuse elements of the big Batman stories. So Rises is mix of Knightfall (Bane, broken back, convicts freed by Bane), DKReturns (Batman coming out of retirement), NML (Gotham cut off from world), etc. The Dark Knight pulled from Long Halloween (Harvey and Gotham's hero trio, freaks usurping mob), Killing Joke (Joker's mystery origin) and etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-25-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What Nolan does take and fuse elements of the big Batman stories. So Rises is mix of Knightfall (broken back, convicts freed by Bane), DKReturns (Batman coming out of retirement), NML (Gotham cut off from world), etc. The Dark Knight pulled from Long Halloween (Harvey and Gotham's hero trio, freaks usurping mob) and etc.
    Thanks for the info. That does make sense. I personally read some of these stories right after the Batman Trilogy and noticed how similar they were. I remembered in NML, Gotham was isolated from the world, snowy environment, Batman was nowhere to be seen for months until his return. All of this is what happened in TDKR. So you're right, Nolan used those elements from the comics and applied them in his stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I appreciate DC reprinting some of these things, and often with more material (Knightfall, NML), but I wish they would collect the complete story. Road to No Mans Land remains uncollected, as well as Knightquest: The Search. Regardless of one's opinion on the quality of story, these things should be there to fill in the gaps. 'Road To...' Explains Batman's absence from Gotham in the beginning of NML, 'The Search' explains his healed back...just seems strange to me to not include it for potential new readers of the story.

Side note: I'm still hoping for a reprint of Legacy...I have Contagion, but it would even be cool to see an Omnibus of the two stories.
    Knightquest the search was adapted for the prose novelisation at least. It was the only way I got to read about Bruce's adventure.

I don't recall that being correct.
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=243464

Seems the solicit suggested that, but instead it was Veng of Bane (yet again) and Bane of the Demon. I own the tpb, but don't have access to it right now.
    No kidding? I always thought it was VoB 1 & 2, Bane of the Demon, and the one shot, but then again, I've got the singles & not the trade. That's pretty lame, because it's a direct continuation of Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My taste is questionable, I admit...
    I'm not judging. I'm the one person who enjoyed Cry for justice.

No kidding? I always thought it was VoB 1 & 2, Bane of the Demon, and the one shot, but then again, I've got the singles & not the trade. That's pretty lame, because it's a direct continuation of Legacy.
    Nope. Just Veng of Bane and Bane of the Demon. Not Veng of Bane II or the prestige format. It's a pretty lame tpb considering by that point DC had already added Veng of Bane to Knightfall vol 1. So...you're basically just buying Bane of the Demon...and not having a clue about it if you're a new reader (and don't know it is a prequel to out-of-print Legacy, etc).

The tpb was missolicited, so some sites have incorrect info on it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-26-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Wooo!
    http://collectededitions.blogspot.co...tiversity.html
    Batman: Road to No Man's Land

The full contents aren't listed, but these are previously-uncollected stories between Cataclysm (recently announced for a new collection) and Batman: No Man's Land (roundabouts Batman #560, Detective Comics #727, Shadow of the Bat #80, and so on). A good amount of this is written by Chuck Dixon, reflecting an overall trend lately toward DC reprinting Dixon's work -- Nightwing, previously, and in these solicitations Birds of Prey and Robin.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-27-2015 at 11:04 AM.

BANNED

Holy crap! Excellent news!