View Poll Results: Do you want Rick Remender to be the next flagship X-Men writer?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

36 23.84%
  • No!

90 59.60%
  • We'll see. I'll judge the material on its own worth.

25 16.56%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Default Is Rick Remender the new franchise writer of the X-Men?

"I'm working on the big post-'Secret Wars' project right now, and it allows me to give readers a very clear and true starting point with a beloved franchise," Remender said. "It enables me to pick and choose what I think are the most integral and exciting aspects of that property. Coming out of the other end of 'Secret Wars,' I'll have the opportunity to do things in a much cleaner fashion."
    Is Rick Remender talking about the X-Men? Will "M-Word" Havok lead the X-Men into the future? Will codenames be a thing of the past, with everyone forced to call each other by their first names? Will Remender invite anyone who disagrees with his take on the X-Men to drown in hobo piss?

Article: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ng-secret-wars
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-23-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It does sound like it. But maybe he's gonna write Avengers. We don't know. Besides he may not write the x-men bad. Uncanny x-force e wasn't bad. I guess we'll see
    X-Men Forever

No, I do not...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It does sound like it. But maybe he's gonna write Avengers. We don't know. Besides he may not write the x-men bad. Uncanny x-force e wasn't bad. I guess we'll see
    Yep, I was thinking it has to be either The Avengers or The X-Men.

Do we know yet who's writing All New All Different Avengers? If it turns out to be Rick Remender, that'll be our answer.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'd love Remender as head X-Writer.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I'd love Remender as head X-Writer.
    So would I. One of my favorite writers around.

I'm undecided at the moment. He has written both good and bad stories. At least if he does take over. We don't have to worry about waiting 20-30 issues into a series before something happens. Unlike Bendis. I'm a fan but their a difference between decompressed storytelling. And another about taking forever to finish a story.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I'll give Uncanny X-force a read but I'm more of judging it on its own worth. Hobo comments nd M-words aside.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

No, I do not want that. Nothing personal against the man but I don't care for his style. First problem is that he goes to the well with "shocking deaths" far too frequently for my tastes. 2nd I don't feel he has a very good grasp of the X-Men characterization which is a major part of the franchise.

He's also publicly stated that he doesn't "buy" the mutants as a minority metaphor. While I don't think that every, or even necessarily most X-Men stories have to revolve around it I don't care for the idea that the man in charge doesn't understand it. Beyond that his comments during the Havok hobo piss meltdown show a lack of comprehension around real world persecution and minority issues that seriously tainted UA (again in my opinion).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    No, I do not want that. Nothing personal against the man but I don't care for his style. First problem is that he goes to the well with "shocking deaths" far too frequently for my tastes. 2nd I don't feel he has a very good grasp of the X-Men characterization which is a major part of the franchise.

He's also publicly stated that he doesn't "buy" the mutants as a minority metaphor. While I don't think that every, or even necessarily most X-Men stories have to revolve around it I don't care for the idea that the man in charge doesn't understand it. Beyond that his comments during the Havok hobo piss meltdown show a lack of comprehension around real world persecution and minority issues that seriously tainted UA (again in my opinion).
    I agree with you. He really lacks the awareness to portray then correctly. I am still angry about his rogue and the sooner she is free from him the better.

BANNED

I'll give a big wait and see, on the other hand I didn't like how he handled wasp during UA or the fact that he totally fridged her at the end of axis, okay maybe as I remember that I start to get angry since she's pretty much my only fav female avenger

I haven't read anything by him so I can't give an honest opinion.

However, the whole "m-word" debacle is enough to turn me off. The head writer of the franchise feeling like being a mutant is an offensive term and that they should attempt to "fit in" by acting as if they are normal just really bothers me.

Celebrate and acknowledge differences of all kinds, Imo. Assimilation just seems really archaic.

We could do worse IMO. Much worse. I'd give him a shot for sure. Loved his Uncanny X-Force.

Ultimate Member

I'll just say that the X-men will be better off when Remender is no longer writing them, hopefully then the characters that he's damaged have a chance to get better.

I'm going to be polite and say I truly and sincerely hope not. (But that sounds very much like it is.)

Oh well. At least it'll give me a good jumping off spot, if so...