View Poll Results: Do you want Rick Remender to be the next flagship X-Men writer?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

36 23.84%
  • No!

90 59.60%
  • We'll see. I'll judge the material on its own worth.

25 16.56%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that is decidedly not true. in the very first issue, he had scarlet rolling her eyes on top of charles grave and telling rogue of all people she has no idea what it means to be an x-men.

he has mishandled from the start.
    Wow. Glad I didn't read that crap...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Sure, I'm game.

Just leave Kitty out of it. She's too proud to be called a mutant (but she'll probably remind you what race you are):

Wow, this writer REALLY gets "mutants as a metaphor"...!

Funny thing is, it looks like Kitty was making the same point at the end of her speech that Brad Pitt (Havok) was trying to make at the end of his speech, but she made the point a lot better.

I don't want to get into another tolerance vs. assimilation debate, I'm just sayin'. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I really think/hope he's talking about Fantastic Four. Marvel wouldn't be tin-eared enough to put him in charge of the X-Flagship after the "Call me Alex" disaster.
    Fantastic Four is another definite possibility. If I could imagine Marvel relaunching the FF at all, then yeah, his comments make sense for that franchise, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's my first instinct, but I guess I can also treat Remender like I do Bendis: ignore every damn thing he does and focus on satellite books.
    That's what I would do. I generally try to avoid any Bendis-Men tales.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The only other writer I think has a big shot at getting Uncanny X-men is Sam Humphries. I think he already has the inside track, having worked with Brian Michael Bendis on Black Vortex. And on Bleeding Cool, there was an article reporting on how Black Vortex was selling very well and is quickly becoming one of Marvel's sleeper hits. I think he is in a better position to continue X-men than Remender. However, his name doesn't carry as much weight as Rick Remender so if I had to bet money on this, I would go with Remender.
    I like Sam Humphries. Not one of my long-time favorites, but definitely rising in esteem for me lately. So yeah, I'd be cool with Humphries giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Attachment 19786
    after this I'd say x fans shouldn't worry I fell join artist Jerome opena is remender
    I was wondering about this, too.

Particularly wondering if the person with a cape to the right of Falcon* is Wanda a.k.a. Scarlet Witch. 'Cos if it is, I'll totally believe this is Remender's new team.

* = I'm assuming that's who the winged figure in the middle is... maybe sporting Captain America duds and dubbing himself American Eagle? Heh...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't see how Remenders shock value style is going to work with Ms. Marvel, Thor (2015). The others could be Pepper Potts, Sam Wilson and Miles Morales but I don't think dark is where that story would be going. Besides Opena drew Hickmans run too.
    Good guesses, I could totally see those three being on the team, especially with the way Pepper looks to be replacing Iron Man as the heroic individual who flies around in a suit.

Remender's style would be terrible for Ms. Marvel.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Ultimate Member

Didn't Humphries already have a X-book that got canceled due to low sales after not very long...and I don't think that he wrote his book very well so I wouldn't want him to write Uncanny or any of the other X-books.

I didn't really like his Uncanny Avengers but I want to read his Uncanny X-Force. Not really sure I want to read more of his version of mutants.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

this was obvious the minute Bendis said he was done.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

that is decidedly not true. in the very first issue, he had scarlet rolling her eyes on top of charles grave and telling rogue of all people she has no idea what it means to be an x-men.
    I have my own issues with Remender, but those two things sound pretty positive.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm reading the X-men now but I think the whole franchise needs a kick in the backside that someone like Remender can provide.
    We don't need all Mutants talking like his Havok or Rogue and we don't need Mutants kissing the Scarlet Witch's boot and begging her for another M-Day.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 03-24-2015 at 12:20 PM.

I voted 'No'. I don't like his writing style or his use of shock deaths. We had enough of that with Kyle & Yost's New X-Men run.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

he has mishandled from the start.
    Either way I think UXF was probably last remarkable run we've had in an X-book. I personally have enjoyed UA as well. I was personally unaware that a majority of CBR posters had a problem with him till the M-word incident. Which I had no problems with, but felt Rememder acted immaturely. This is all speculation anyways. But I would look forward to seeing him on a flagship X-Book. However, with Secret War being so vague and "what if" like who knows if I'll even want to read the titles after. I literally can't imagine him being worse than Bendis and Fraction (and I actual like both writers). I would probably prefer him to Hickman. I LOVED Hickman's F4/FF but his Avengers has been sooooo convoluted and slow.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Didn't Humphries already have a X-book that got canceled due to low sales after not very long...and I don't think that he wrote his book very well so I wouldn't want him to write Uncanny or any of the other X-books.
    He wrote Uncanny X-Force and it was pretty terrible. It didn't sell that well at all and being that it was one of two X-Force books running at the same time it split readers so the sales on both book were not good (although both sold better than the Spurrier X-Force book that replaced them). Dennis Hopeless wrote the much much better Cable and X-Force book, and I would not mind seeing him get a shot at another x-book at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I have my own issues with Remender, but those two things sound pretty positive.
    I guess all the X-Men can be props for the Scarlet Witch.

Oh, God, probably, but I hope not. I hope he's not doing the ANAD Avengers either.

I'd like to see Spurrier or Hopeless do the X-franchise, but neither of those are going to happen.

nothing has been the same since Jean died *sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    God I hope not. I want someone with a fresh voice and Remander is not it. Everyone loves to go on about his X-Force run but nearly that whole run was built on the work of other writer ideas. I didn't see many really new ideas out of just different takes on older ideas.
    You hit the nail on the head. As much as I surprisingly enjoyed the first half of UXF; it really reads like an expy of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Both as the comic version and the 90's animated series without the happy ending. After that run, it pretty much went downhill for me.

[commencing small rant]
    My biggest gripe with RR writing has to do with his shock and value deaths. Killing a character with a large amount of history and then replacing them with a new character does not balance the scale. Especially if the new character introduced is killed off after the story arc is done. Genocide had potential to be a great nemesis for X-Men, that could of caused some inner conflict with Wolverine and his staff; due to the events of DAS and Archangel's broken promise. Then there is the way Ichisumi got fridged at the end of the Twins arc. Not liking how he writes certain female characters. Then there is the fact that he doesn't double check on certain characters history, exp Mystique and Shadow king. I also don't want the return of CryLocke. Let that girl be happy and smile for once without all the self sacrifice for the purpose of angst.[end of rant]
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I Want Claremont!
    This is what I want. Then maybe the characterization of each character would be correct. For example Cyclops.