View Poll Results: Do you want Rick Remender to be the next flagship X-Men writer?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

36 23.84%
  • No!

90 59.60%
  • We'll see. I'll judge the material on its own worth.

25 16.56%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

I hope to see two "main" X-Men books regardless. Remender on one of them would be okay. He should bring Psylocke back. She was arguably the best part of Uncanny X-Force

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Necro'ing this topic to say:

-What did they say when you notified the change? Do you just lifted the phone and I said no longer are in Spider-Man?

Ramos: It was a little more complicated than that. Originally, the book was going to be written by Rick Remender, now obviously not going to do it. And for reasons that I will not discuss, the change initially proved difficult.

But suddenly they tell me I'm going to have Jeff as a writer. I talked to him, and completely changed the attitude. Mike Marts, who was group publisher of X-Men, announcing his departure from Marvel, led to the arrival of Daniel Ketchum and this was a shift in the dynamics, intention, will and team spirit. Now it is all smooth sailing.
    http://lacuevadelnerd.com/index.php/...arribo-a-x-men
    Translated from Spanish

So, yes, it was going to be Rick Remender writing Extraordinary X-Men...

According to the poll, the majority of you should be happy the idea got scrapped when Mike Marts left the X-Men's editorial office. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Although I'm not sure I care about the new X-line (mainly because of the artists, not the writers), I'm pretty happy that Remender isn't in it.

Hear, hear. I've heard rave reviews about Remender's creator-owned stuff at Image, but he just would have been a poor fit for an X-Men flagship. I'm even a little disappointed that Ramos got hauled over -- I feel like his particular energy and styel suits Spider-Man more than he ever did the X-Books.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That does explain the separate planet stuff. I could see Remender revisiting Planet X.