Super Moderator

Default Oliver Promises "Kick-Ass" Action in "Convergence: Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters"

Writer Simon Oliver talks balancing Nazis and superheroes in a tale starring a "more rounded" Plastic Man during DC Comics' "Convergence."

Full article here.

Can't wait to read this. Love both Plas and the FF as well.

I'd love to see the FF spin out of Convergence, and Simon writing it.

The Silver Ghost ?
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Can't wait to read this. Love both Plas and the FF as well.

I'd love to see the FF spin out of Convergence, and Simon writing it.

The Silver Ghost ?
    totally agree with you...when the announcements first came out - i was most excited for this book and the shadow of the bat (i stopped reading comics just as Azrael was going to take over for Batman after Knightfall).

It would be nice if this book sold well enough to warrant an attempt at an ongoing series.

Plastic Man is my favorite, so I'm hopeful that this turns out good.

I like what he said about not making Plas just comic relief. That's not how he was originally, but when DC acquired the character it seems more often than not he's just been slotted into that comic relief part. In actuality, Plas was like a forerunner of Spider-Man in his using humor and a seeming joviality to keep his opponents off balance, and, of course, his powers are just a sight gag machine - but Plastic Man himself is a smart, capable hero, not a buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer Simon Oliver talks balancing Nazis and superheroes in a tale starring a "more rounded" Plastic Man during DC Comics' "Convergence."

Full article here.
    "more rounded"... he has been that way before, he turned into a hot air balloon in The Dark Knight sequel, can't get more rounded than that.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Simon Oliver may actually be the most imaginative writer that DC has in their stable at the moment, so it's nice to see them approaching him to write this mini. I've said since the announcements of the minis that this book, the Peyer/Yeowell Atom, and the Parker/Truman Hawkman book were going to the standout tie-ins. After reading this interview, I'm even more sure that Simon's Plastic Man... is going to the standout.

Also, read FBP.