View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #5

6 23.08%
  • Chew #47

4 15.38%
  • Dream Police #6

0 0%
  • Drifter #5

1 3.85%
  • Empty #2

0 0%
  • Intersect #5

0 0%
  • Invincible #118

4 15.38%
  • The Mice Templar V: Night's End #1 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Morning Glories #44

1 3.85%
  • They're Not Like Us #4

0 0%
  • Thief of Thieves #27

1 3.85%
  • The Walking Dead #139

3 11.54%
  • Wicked + Divine #9

3 11.54%
  • Wytches #5

1 3.85%
  • Other - The Fuse #11, Goners #6, Rumble #4, Skullkickers #31, Wayward #6

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image comic of the week - week 13 (25/3/2015)

Last week's newcomer Chrononauts raked in the most votes, let's see how it shakes out this jam-packed week! With 19 new releases the poll is getting very crowded...

It's been a while since we've had a week without any new releases at all, but this week comes pretty close. Just one new series starting, being The Mice Templar V: Night's End. And that's basically a new, accessible chapter in a long-running series. 8 Years running for a creator-owned series is nothing to scoff at though!
    I picked the alternative cover here because it's pretty cool.

What was your favourite Image comic this week? Vote, and let's chat!

212620.jpg
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 03-24-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

It is an Invincible week so that will be an automatic vote. Hope everyone will give the book a try this week. The issue is only 25 cents to entice people to pick up the series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Gonna be Kirkman Vs Kirkman this week for me. I'm reading a lot, but that is the only competition I expect. Unless Chew comes out swinging.

Incredible Member

I had to give the edge to Invincible this week due to the .25 cent price point.

WicDiv. I just read it and one part of it was actually enough to make me gasp.

Spectacular Member

Invincible! Really liked the recap for new readers. Also loved how they made the story easy for new readers, yet still left it on a cliffhanger to entice people to look forward to the next issue. They also dropped just enough past continuity in it throughout to perhaps make people curious about pas collections (it's an easy book to collect, in my opinion). Well-crafted.

I only read The Autumnlands this week but it was a really good issue. The story is shaping up nicely.

The Walking Dead.
    It was cool that they made Invincible easy for new readers, but I'm an old reader. It was still good, but TWD made me cry, which gets it an edge.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I dunno, I've been having a disappointing week my comics in general, especially the Indies. I'm finding good and okay, but nothing great or amazing besides two comics (Batman Eternal and Chew). Suiciders, Effigy, The Wicked + The Divine, Intersect, Wytches, and They're Not Like Us... *sigh*

I'll post my full thoughts later, but I will say this. They're Not Like Us #4 feels like the first time the comic actually got really interesting. I'm actually curious about where it will go now. I mean, I don't care for half the cast and the dialogue grates on me a lot (which sums up my feelings on The Wicked + The Divine actually), but I will say I don't feel like I'll get a headache from reading it anymore hopefully.

Walking Dead was all I picked up.

Drifter. Only one I picked up, but I would have voted for it regardless. Awesome conclusion to the first arc.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Alright, here's my full rundown on my Indie and Image books for the week:

Powers #2
    Chew #47
    Effigy #3
    Suiciders #2
    Wytches #5
    They're Not Like Us #4
    The Wicked + The Divine #9
    Wayward #6
    Past Aways #1
    Intersect #5

Chew was the best book this week from Image, while Powers was the best Indie book this week. What a boring, middle of the road week this was. Barely anything that was great. Just a lot of good, somewhat decent, and mediocre books. Ugh. What a way to end the month. Also, no Manifest Destiny at all this month! Really disappointing!

Apparantly the Invincible issue is free on ComiXology, just a heads up for all you digital people!
    Personally I only read two comics this week, Autumnlands #5 and the first issue of Jem and the Holograms (IDW). So yeah kind of a default vote here, Autumnlands is starting to coalesce into something quite nicely, but I still don't LOVE it yet. This might be weird but honestly I just keep hoping it'll somehow morph into that Final Fantasy comic Busiek was attached to years ago (pretty sure Mignola was as well). Dewey would be a perfect fit for that too.

Sidenote, but what do you all prefer in weeks like this when there's like 5 different comics in the 'other' voting category. Would it be better to split them out into 2 'other' voting options? Sure the poll is just to have a fun weekly chat, nobody's really doing any hard data crunching here as far as I know, but still.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Autumn Lands, Drifter, Not Like Us (which I'm liking more the further along it gets...)....
    but I voted for quality-across-time--that's my one vote up there for Thief of Thieves. A whole new direction that's perfectly based on the whole of the previous issues.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Did anyone read The Empty #2? If so, how was it?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)