Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Secret Wars: who will you miss?

Gather all fans of C & D listers, to comemorate those who will soon be lost to us. While the A-list and a few B list X-men are sure to live on some way post SW, either in one of the sure to be few couple X books or as members of non X-teams, lets never forget those many brave souls who hung on the outskirts, sat unused in limbo, always hoping for that one day to shine in the sun but forever regulated to wallpaper or props for more popular characters, the ones whose existance will forever be erased and forgotten when the (All)New World order emerges. This thread is for you. Never forget!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will miss them all so much. They never got a chance not even one measly reunion one-shot. Marvel hated you all so, but you will always be the A-listers you deserved to be in my mind and heart!

and you, you ugly lovable miserable freak, you will never get to be in an animated series, you will never get to be a playable in a video game, you will never get your Legends action figure. You will perish in obscurity but will remain alive in my wild imagination(and back issues) where you are kicking ass in an All New Excalibur while hanging out with Jubes, Husk, Penny, Sync and the others during the weekends. Always and Forever.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I'll miss all the same ones you mentioned.

But let's not lose hope -- perhaps they'll show up in the X-Men '92 book at some point!

They are '90s x-characters, after all.

So they may not be gone for good.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Penance-Ponders-359876676

http://klimstit.deviantart.com/art/A...ance-357341250

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Generation-X-354518385
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

i will miss them all.

Lets not talk as if this is happening!! I don't even want to think about that!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Good by limbo New Xmen kids who are not Kid Omega,X23,Hellion.

image.jpg

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well if they make people to away it'll be more then Generation X.

For one Skin and, synch are dead so, I doubt they bring them back. M, husk, chamber I would like to survive penny too. And yes I'd love some to be returned to life.

Kids of Gen hope I don't have much faith. Oya was used by Aaron but I really don't see transonic, primal, Velocidad resonate with craters.

X23 probably safe. Daken I don't knkw

I want these to be safe but not sure if the school concept is, a, high priority for X editors anymore:
    Elixer, dust, hellion, rockslide, surge, trance nezno anole etc lol.

Maybe in '92 or new marvel we can see more of Cable, domino, boom boom, watpath, syrin madrox rhane, strong guy polaris warpath etc I hope I love those guys
    X-Men Forever

Without actually knowing who will survive or not it's hard to say imo. Personally I think this thread is more approriate post Secret Wars. Wolverines and Magneto would be the ones I would miss. We have a well written Mystique. I hope it does not go away post Secret Wars.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

I've been missing the X-Men for quite some time now. And not just my favorite limbo dwelling C-Listers.

I'm in the acceptance phase. All stories must come to an end, and the story of the X-Men as I knew and loved them has been over for quite some time now.

If what comes out of Secret Wars is a bright new beginning, that will be wonderful. If not, I'm happy with what we had.

Lets not talk as if this is happening!! I don't even want to think about that!
    I tend to mostly be a realist. I think we need to come to terms that Dis-Marvel will no longer have any use for these characters apart from occasional canon fodder. Since they are likely to reduce the number of X-books there is simply no room for them.

But let's not lose hope -- perhaps they'll show up in the X-Men '92 book at some point!
    I thought about that too but Im starting to think now thats very unlikey.

some more mutants that will be missed:

x-men-marrow.jpg
    Goodbye Marrow, I thought you were cool for being one of the few ugly butch X-girls. Also I think bone powers were cool & creative. At least Si Spurrier gave you(and Chamber) one last good ride.

goodbye Sage, I didnt read much about you but you had a cool look, too bad they could never get your tattos right; alas such ignorance at the hands of editors was part and partial to life as a c-lister

I miss them all already, but Polaris will be missed the most. Fare thee well, my dear mistress.

I miss all the X-titles especially All-New X-Factor, Wolverines and Magneto.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

All my faves will probably be gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage, Magma, Polaris, Rachel, Layla Miller, CeCe Reyes, M, Dust and the NXM, any New Mutants not named Cannonball, Magik, or Moonstar.

Whomever posted the Banshees, Secret Wars might actually be the way Theresa can come out as a human again on the other side, rather than a goddess.

We'll pretty much be left with the the "core" X-Men:

Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Jean (in some form), Havok
    Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Kitty
    Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, Magneto, Gambit
    Jubilee, Emma, Cable, Northstar, maybe Bishop & Forge

that + Prof. X = 23 X-Men
    Last edited by Emerald_616; 03-25-2015 at 02:16 PM.

We'll pretty much be left with the the "core" X-Men:

Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Jean (in some form), Havok
    Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Kitty
    Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, Magneto, Gambit
    Jubilee, Emma, Cable, Northstar, maybe Bishop & Forge

that + Prof. X = 23 X-Men

thats pretty much how I see it going. A few of those choice A-listers will be taken by Marvel teams, leaving a good 6 to 8 for 2 teams each; a Wolverine book, & if we're lucky maybe one extra wild card book by a lower tier writer like Spurrier or Carey. Non-existance for everyone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    X23 probably safe.
    Hope so. Bit frustrated not hearing any news about her involvement, especially after a lot of the talk suggesting her star was going to be rising post-DoW, until the Secret Wars nonsense started up. I remember the buzz was that she would taking on the cowl in April (she may still in the upcoming 8 issues, but that's besides the point).