Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Default The God of War vs SuperDoom aka Superman/Wonder Woman #11

Courtesy of Comics Continuum

Description:

Written by Charles Soule, art by Paulo Siqueira, cover by Tony S. Daniel.

"Last Sun," the next sensational chapter in the "Superman: Doomed" saga! Diana must do the unspeakable as the God of War in her effort to beat the forces of Brainiac! And now, there is no Kal-El -- only Doom!

Pic: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...derwoman11.htm

EDIT: These are part of the August 2014 solicitations.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Extraordinary Member

Suffering Sappho!

The Angst!

THE ANGST!!!!!

Definitely god mode.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

That site isn't working for me, anyone cares enough to post the cover here?

Richard Alexander

You know, I really don't like the way Tony Daniel draws her sword. Its so generic looking. They should follow what Ivan Reis does with her, it and her costume....
    Richard Alexander

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh my so this is happening. Maybe they'll explain why she didn't use it on Doomsday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh my so this is happening. Maybe they'll explain why she didn't use it on Doomsday.
    She did; it slowed him down for ten seconds.

Mind you she is not on fire so likely this is the less powerful baby Doom version.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Mind you she is not on fire so likely this is the less powerful baby Doom version.
    She did? I've never seen her without her bracelets in either of their matches, do you have scans? Cause I must've missed sth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    She did? I've never seen her without her bracelets in either of their matches, do you have scans? Cause I must've missed sth
    I may have misunderstood t he question but she definitely used the sword in Superman Doomed #1.

There are scans on that thread I will try to link to.

Oh wait, Superlad was talking about God Mode?

Yeah, I misunderstood because of richalex question in the post right before.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-19-2014 at 02:53 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Oh nah I was actually talking about god mod. Sorry about that. It probably would have helped her a bit in the fight. But yeah this is a "baby version of Doomsday" it seems as Superman said "I'm just going get stronger soon and things will start dying if they come in contact with me". This means he's probably around the "larva stage" like in SM/WW #2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Courtesy of Comics Continuum

Description:

Written by Charles Soule, art by Paulo Siqueira, cover by Tony S. Daniel.

"Last Sun," the next sensational chapter in the "Superman: Doomed" saga! Diana must do the unspeakable as the God of War in her effort to beat the forces of Brainiac! And now, there is no Kal-El -- only Doom!

Pic: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...derwoman11.htm

EDIT: These are part of the August 2014 solicitations.
    Wonder Woman: I want to speak to Kal!
    SuperDoom: There is no Dana, only Zuel! Damn, I mean Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    You know, I really don't like the way Tony Daniel draws her sword. Its so generic looking. They should follow what Ivan Reis does with her, it and her costume....
    The swords Chiang draws are much more generic. They only have a star, at least Daniel's is monogrammed.

This looks to be an epic confrontation, it's one of the very few reasons to look forward to the end of summer. It seems unfair though that other creators use Azzarello's ideas, while he gets to write whatever he wants and ignore theirs.

However it's a plus that this depiction of God Mode doesn't include electrified crimped 80's mall hair.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

That cover looks GORGEOUS!

Man! I really can't wait to see this one! Here's hoping that this will be an even BETTER showing for Diana against a Doomsday monster than what we just saw.

Obviously, the goal isn't for her to kill Kal, but I do want to see her really perform admirably against him.

Charles Soule? Tony Daniel? You guys rock, so hard!

I'm really wondering about this trend. Suddenly Soule is doing A LOT of exploration of Diana's powers. We saw him play with her new God of War powers last issue, and NOW we're about to see God Mode for the first time EVER away from Azzarello.

This makes me wonder if Soule has kind of been tapped to be the guy to flesh out Diana's features that Azz has added. This may even support the possibility that Soule may yet be Diana's next writer once Azz leaves.

Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-19-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    That cover looks GORGEOUS!

Man! I really can't wait to see this one! Here's hoping that this will be an even BETTER showing for Diana against a Doomsday monster than what we just saw.

Obviously, the goal isn't for her to kill Kal, but I do want to see her really perform admirably against him.

Charles Soule? Tony Daniel? You guys rock, so hard!

I'm really wondering about this trend. Suddenly Soule is doing A LOT of exploration of Diana's powers. We saw him play with her new God of War powers last issue, and NOW we're about to see God Mode for the first time EVER away from Azzarello.

This makes me wonder if Soule has kind of been tapped to be the guy to flesh out Diana's features that Azz has added. This may even support the possibility that Soule may yet be Diana's next writer once Azz leaves.

Here's hoping!
    I know, right!?!? That would almost be too good to be true. DC would be foolish to even consider the Finches, when Charles Soule already has everyone reading and enjoying his version of Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I know, right!?!? That would almost be too good to be true. DC would be foolish to even consider the Finches, when Charles Soule already has everyone reading and enjoying his version of Wonder Woman.
    Totally agree.

The only possible obstacle to Soule being Diana's next writer (other than the possibility that he may just not want the job) would obviously be Soule's current workload. He's possibly the busiest man in comics right now. He's writing like six ongoings already. It's possible he just doesn't have any more room left on his plate.

I hope not, though! If he CAN do it and he WANTS to do it? Then yeah, DC would be utterly moronic to choose the Finches over him. The man's a rising star and almost everyone loves his work. If they really do want to keep trying to promote Diana, then following up Azz's run with another major superstar would be a step in the right direction.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--