Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default New Avengers 32 *spoilers*

The Multiversal Avengers find a broken Mapmaker and begin to wonder what is causing the rate of decay to increase.

Nightmask sacrifices himself to get them to where the Kings are where they meet the Beyonders.

They Beyonders say this is all an experiment and are beyond the comprehension of the team.

Abyss and all the Nihili sacrifice themselves to recreate one of the Beyonders but the other tears off Thor's arm, crushes Hyperion's eyes, and stabs Starbrand.

Starbrand can't contain his power and detonates killing another Beyonder.

Thor and Hyperion face off against the Beyonders emerging through Wild Space and are presumably killed, though Thor is worthy again and cannot use the Hammer of Thorr.

Thor is worthy againbecause he's a goddamn hero!! it makes me cry

Thor is worthy? Wut???

But but... new female Thor we know still exists after SW

WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor is worthy? Wut???

WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    Odin once created a hammer for Bill Ray Beta. He can always do the same for Lady Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor is worthy? Wut???

WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    Someone who knows more about Thor than I do can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think more than one can be worthy at a time. I think Beta Ray Bill and Thor may have been simultaneously worthy. Ultimately Beta Ray Bill got his own hammer.

Damn! Hickman wiped out all his "new" characters (starbrand and night mask were properties from New Uiniverse)

I can only hope that Hyperion and Thor somehow survived. I have absolutely loved them during Hickman's run...and we got ZERO Doom/Molecule Man backstory....probably won't see that until Secret Wars...just three more issues to go, and the last two are Tony v. Rogers...

What an issue.

Shame they all got killed like that. At least they took out 2 of the Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What an issue.

Shame they all got killed like that. At least they took out 2 of the Beyonders.
    thor is not dead

Huh...well something did happen here, but it felt a little forced. A way to make the transition to Secret Wars easier perhaps.

The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.

Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Damn! Hickman wiped out all his "new" characters (starbrand and night mask were properties from New Uiniverse)
    They were never really there in the first place. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.
    From what we've known of the Star Brand in the past, its wielder is literally capable of doing anything they can conceive.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

From what we've known of the Star Brand in the past, its wielder is literally capable of doing anything they can conceive.
    Yeah sure, but we just saw them effortlesly kill Celestials, Abstracts and the freaking Living Tribunal, should Starbrand really be able to do anything?

Nooooo not Abyss I liked her.

They killed Starbrand? He had loads of potential as a character so getting rid of him isn't good. Bringing in awesome new characters this run just to kill them is a shame.

So are Thor and Hyperion alive still? What happened?
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Nooooo not Abyss I liked her.

They killed Starbrand? He had loads of potential as a character so getting rid of him isn't good. Bringing in awesome new characters this run just to kill them is a shame.

So are Thor and Hyperion alive still? What happened?
    It's heavily implied that they are dead. I don't really see the Beyonders as the kind of beings who would take prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

There were way too many avengers in Hickman's books to develop any of the new ones properly (like wtf is going on with Ms Universe or whatever??) and I don't think character building is Hickman's strength anyway
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

So good.

Enter more characters to POST.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Huh...well something did happen here, but it felt a little forced. A way to make the transition to Secret Wars easier perhaps.

The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.

The LT and abstracts were killed off so that we wouldn't have to hear "why isn't the living tribunal stepping in" for half a year. Their death is shown dramatically but we don't know that it didn't actually cost the lives(?) of a lot of Beyonders in the process (as we didn't even know there were this many until today). It was stated explicitly that it takes a long time to kill off infinite gods.

As for Starbrand/Ex Nihili/Abyss taking down 2, that was awesome. Isn't it nice to have the heroes win one (part of a) battle once in a while? It's not like these books have been stacked with wins lately.