Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Huh...well something did happen here, but it felt a little forced. A way to make the transition to Secret Wars easier perhaps.

The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.

Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.

Well they call themselves the Beyond not the Beyonders and as Abyss seemed to describe they don't seem to have a real form.

Aww, I ended up liking most of the new characters but should have seen it coming. At least they went out like total badasses.

Yeah I had feeling they'd be cannon fodder against the Beyonders but I wanted them to make it out. I should have known better due to this being a horror story really.

I think that this is different hammer, i saw somewhere that this hammer's legend said "unworthy" not "worthy".

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that this is different hammer, i saw somewhere that this hammer's legend said "unworthy" not "worthy".
    Yep this is a different one. It's the hammer from Thorr as seen in the Adapt or Die arc.

Yeah sure, but we just saw them effortlesly kill Celestials, Abstracts and the freaking Living Tribunal, should Starbrand really be able to do anything?
    Why not? A snake can easily kill a man with a bite. That doesn't mean the snake can't be killed by a mongoose.

I think we have to assume that the Beyonders have a power source that is like kryptonite to beings like the Celestials and abstracts. But that doesn't mean that powerful superbeings can't beat them.

We fans tend to be a lot more rigid with these power hierarchies than we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yes, he was using the hammer of an evil Thorr from an alternate universe. It backfired on him because he became worthy again, and this hammer required an unworthy wielder.

Crazy ass issue.

Yeah sure, but we just saw them effortlesly kill Celestials, Abstracts and the freaking Living Tribunal, should Starbrand really be able to do anything?
    Not effortlessly. The clear message from Pym is that the wipe out of the Cosmic Abstracts took time and the Tribunal took more than one. Also to be clear, the Nihili didn't kill their Beyonder, they transformed him into the World Tree. Starbrand unleashed literally all his power pointblank in a death shot. I can buy that took out a Beyonder. But with that, Thor and Hyperion wouldn't have lasted long against the rest of the Ivory Kings. There's a chance they were captured but I'd bet heavily on them being dead.

Amazing Member

Maybe it's what they are composed of; life and ideas and belief that allowed them to defeat the Beyonders. It's certainly not power level, and it goes along with what Hickman has continually wrote. Perhaps the Builders and abstracts simply tried to fight on a plane that the Beyonders are ready for versus what this team did.

Ultimate Member

I still don't understand how they even stood up to the beings that destroyed all the abstracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I still don't understand how they even stood up to the beings that destroyed all the abstracts.
    Beyonders aren't completely all powerful or even immortal. Hickman establishes they can be beat waaayyyyy back in F4.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Beyonders aren't completely all powerful or even immortal. Hickman establishes they can be beat waaayyyyy back in F4.
    What issue was that?

Extraordinary Member

Not gonna lie: I'm glad Starbrand and Nightmask are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Not gonna lie: I'm glad Starbrand and Nightmask are gone.
    Why? They seem like cool concepts that have a good amount of potential.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    What issue was that?
    The Evil Reeds mention they killed one using Sol's Anvil. It was mentioned in FF #3.
    Last edited by PlanetaryDevastation; 03-25-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Odin once created a hammer for Bill Ray Beta. He can always do the same for Lady Thor.
    I think it's supposed to be the hammer of the Evil Thor from early in the run.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum