Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default New Avengers 32 *spoilers*

The Multiversal Avengers find a broken Mapmaker and begin to wonder what is causing the rate of decay to increase.

Nightmask sacrifices himself to get them to where the Kings are where they meet the Beyonders.

They Beyonders say this is all an experiment and are beyond the comprehension of the team.

Abyss and all the Nihili sacrifice themselves to recreate one of the Beyonders but the other tears off Thor's arm, crushes Hyperion's eyes, and stabs Starbrand.

Starbrand can't contain his power and detonates killing another Beyonder.

Thor and Hyperion face off against the Beyonders emerging through Wild Space and are presumably killed, though Thor is worthy again and cannot use the Hammer of Thorr.

Thor is worthy againbecause he's a goddamn hero!! it makes me cry

Thor is worthy? Wut???

But but... new female Thor we know still exists after SW

WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor is worthy? Wut???

But but... new female Thor we know still exists after SW

WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    Odin once created a hammer for Bill Ray Beta. He can always do the same for Lady Thor.

What an issue.

Shame they all got killed like that. At least they took out 2 of the Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What an issue.

Shame they all got killed like that. At least they took out 2 of the Beyonders.
    thor is not dead

Huh...well something did happen here, but it felt a little forced. A way to make the transition to Secret Wars easier perhaps.

The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.

Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Huh...well something did happen here, but it felt a little forced. A way to make the transition to Secret Wars easier perhaps.

The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.

Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.
    The LT and abstracts were killed off so that we wouldn't have to hear "why isn't the living tribunal stepping in" for half a year. Their death is shown dramatically but we don't know that it didn't actually cost the lives(?) of a lot of Beyonders in the process (as we didn't even know there were this many until today). It was stated explicitly that it takes a long time to kill off infinite gods.

As for Starbrand/Ex Nihili/Abyss taking down 2, that was awesome. Isn't it nice to have the heroes win one (part of a) battle once in a while? It's not like these books have been stacked with wins lately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post

Well they call themselves the Beyond not the Beyonders and as Abyss seemed to describe they don't seem to have a real form.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Odin once created a hammer for Bill Ray Beta. He can always do the same for Lady Thor.
    I think it's supposed to be the hammer of the Evil Thor from early in the run.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I wonder how the celestial killing axe did against the beyonder

Thorr's hammer didn't have much of an effect

Or his black uru arm

I loved this issue. I'll miss Starbrand and Nightmask but at least there is still hope for Hyperion.

The Thor & Hyperion bromance is awesome.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 03-25-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

The new characters to this Avengers run were one of the best things about it (only Smasher is now alive, correct?). I'm really sad to see them go out like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I loved this issue. I'll miss Starbrand and Nightmask but at least there is still hope for Hyperion.

Yeah, I have to say the end of this ish choked me up a bit. Sad that we won't see those two continue their friendship. Great issue. Sh*t's getting intense!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Almost teared up when I saw the last fight of the multiversal Avengers. I honestly hope someone uses them again and keep the Thor/Hyperion friendship. It's really touching.