Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well Thor we know isn't dead since he's going to be in Thors during Secret Wars but Hyperion's fate is still up in the air.
    How you know this Thor is there? :S

I saw the cover and I don't see him there... There are characters that look alike, but now him...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Could Hickman get a grip on his power levels already?

If the Beyonders are able to kill the Cosmic Entities, as well as the freaking Living Tribunal, how do they even NOTICE Hyperion, Thor and co?
    Stupid.
    The beyonders notice everyone.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

If the Beyonders are able to kill the Cosmic Entities, as well as the freaking Living Tribunal, how do they even NOTICE Hyperion, Thor and co?
    Stupid.
    The Beyonders are not invincible. As others have said, back in the FF book, one of the Reeds killed a Beyonder. This happens all of the time in comics. The underdog can get the win. For example, there is no way Lex Luthor should give Superman any problems, yet he does.

As for noticing Thor and the others, they all came right to the Beyonders doorstep. That sure is worth a look.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

They raced to the light.

Ultimate Member

Stupid.
    My thoughts exactly.

Stupid.
    Why is it stupid?

I really don't get this A always beats B always beats C mentality that so many fans have.

The right kind of spider can kill a man with a bite. Yet if a toddler came along and stepped on the spider, it'd squish just like you'd expect.

Frankly, thinking that because the spider killed a man meant it could never lose to something "less" than a man is what's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    They raced to the light.
    Indeed they did. That was a brilliant ending for this group. Sad to see Nightmask and Starbrand go, but at least they went out in style.

And I would honestly be okay if this was actually Thor's end. We all know it won't be, but if it was, I could accept it as a worthy ending for him.

Amazing Member

Stupid.
    I'm sure their questioning was just rhetorical fluff. That said, the Beyonders are not all powerful in spite of their previous feat of slaying the Living Tribunal. Others mentioned that the Council of Reeds killed a Beyonder before elsewhere. But also remember that Tribunal et al fought the Beyonders on Beyonder turf, which is no doubt important to the power levels of the Beyonders. Note, as well, that in this issue Ex Nilhilo mentions that the Beyonders they were facing are in a "solid state, their most malleable." This suggests that the Beyonders are significantly less powerful outside of their "wild space" home. And if we think about it, the Beyonders have set in motion a rather long-winded, complex plan to destroy universes (Incursions) instead of merely wiping out everything in existence (because they probably can't).

Moreover, I am so glad we get Deodato on art duty again! I'm still hoping to see Epting return but Deodato is a refresher from Kev Walker. Wish we had Deodato on #31.

Ok it was sad but epic.

I was curious as the tree I think she will have a key role.

"A cornered rat will bite the cat."

Well prepared Beyonders set traps and killed cosmic entities

One Beyonder not interested in fighting are surprise transformed into a tree by life creating gods

One Beyonder not interested in killing are involuntarily suicide bombed by God like Starbrand

One Child Beyonder was stripped of power by Doctor Doom

One Child Beyonder was crushed by the Anvil of Reeds

One child Beyonder was killed in a western duel by Sue Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The Ex Nihili and Abyss killing one Beyonder? A single one of those things managed to kill an entire host of Celestials. Celestials, the beings that have been doing the whole "create life in a planet" way before than the Ex Nihili and Abyss did, so I have a hard time believing that one.
    Nope. That Beyonder wasn't killed, he was transformed, possibly evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Starbrand kills the other one? I get that he's powerful, but a freaking Beyonder? Come on.
    In a Quasar run, where Wendell Vaughn encounters an other-universal Starbrand, we learn that Starbrands have power on a potentially multiversal scope.

The plot there was that the Deviant Ereshkigal got ahold of the Starbrand. Her plan was to remake the entire multiverse. The situation was so serious that the Living Tribunal got involved. It was said that the Tribunal could defeat the Starbrand, but the battle would lay waste to the multiverse itself. So when Hickman presents the Starbrand as being that potent, he's not just pulling it out of his hat. It's from the continuity.

Also, we don't know if that Beyonder has been killed. We saw him blown up or dispersed. Of course for humans, being blasted to atoms and being killed (or shall we say "permanently killed") are synonymous. But for cosmic beings?

Consider the case of Dormammu. He's been "killed" multiple times, including having his energies dispersed throughout infinite dimensions. But he always manages to pull himself back together. The same could apply to the Beyonder that Starbrand "killed."
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-25-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Ok it was sad but epic.

I was curious as the tree I think she will have a key role.

"A cornered rat will bite the cat."
    You haven't seen the rats I have.

"A rat will kill a cat and carry it in it's mouth, if it feels so inclined."

Then again I live on the worse edge of Detroit, we probably have mutant rats or something.

Yeah, that tree better have a key role, I'll miss Ex Nihilo and Abyss.

Actually LIKES comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Nope. That Beyonder wasn't killed, he was transformed, possibly evolved.

In a Quasar run, where Wendell Vaughn encounters an other-universal Starbrand, we learn that Starbrands have power on a potentially multiversal scope.

The plot there was that the Deviant Ereshkigal got ahold of the Starbrand. Her plan was to remake the entire multiverse. The situation was so serious that the Living Tribunal got involved. It was said that the Tribunal could defeat the Starbrand, but the battle would lay waste to the multiverse itself. So when Hickman presents the Starbrand as being that potent, he's not just pulling it out of his hat. It's from the continuity.

Also, we don't know if that Beyonder has been killed. We saw him blown up or dispersed. Of course for humans, being blasted to atoms and being killed (or shall we say "permanently killed") are synonymous. But for cosmic beings?

Consider the case of Dormammu. He's been "killed" multiple times, including having his energies dispersed throughout infinite dimensions. But he always manages to pull himself back together. The same could apply to the Beyonder that Starbrand "killed."
    This post is so comic book nerdy that I'd be surprised it if wasn't written by Hickman or Brevoort. Great stuff. Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    And may I just take a moment to give enormous props to Jonathan Hickman. Other Marvel writers, in their attempt to write cliche', headline grabbing stories took some of the most important pieces of the MU off the board for what is Marvel's biggest event arguably ever, and not only did Hickman write around it with absolutely incredible expertise and keep the main event running, he used it to springboard his story and make it even better.

That is real, real talent and he deserves loads of credit. Im sure Jason Aaron is on the phone complaining to Marvel as we speak that Hickman refuses to use his Lady Thor in this major event, but oh well. Aaron and Remender tried to take two of the biggest cards out of the deck and Hickman played them anyways, and it's been wonderful.
    While I agree about the quality of Hickman's Avengers, your perception of what goes on between writers at Marvel is bizarre and erroneous. Given that Marvel writers discuss their storylines at retreats and, as contributors towards a shared universe, know exactly what their fellow writers are doing many months in advance, there's no underhandedness involved in Aaron writing a female Thor and Remender having Sam replace Cap. They're not trying to "take two of the biggest cards out of the deck" in some effort to sabotage Hickman's story. If anything, Aaron and Remender's stories help enable Hickman's as it's doubtful that Marvel would want their heavy hitters like Thor or Cap killed or otherwise sidelined in a storyline with no substitutes ready to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Whoa so did Starbrand go out with a White Bang?I was a fan of the New Universe back when those comics were published. I'm so glad Hickman decided to use Nightmask and Starbrand. Now my fingers are crossed that a earth gets hit with the white event and starts the New Universe all over again.
    Another way to create new powers just like the terrigen mist ? not a bad idea

All-New Member

Default King Thor

Thor isn't dead. If anything, this issue makes him sync up with King Thor, who was missing his entire arm instead of just the half.