Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I wonder how the celestial killing axe did against the beyonder

Thorr's hammer didn't have much of an effect

Or his black uru arm

I loved this issue. I'll miss Starbrand and Nightmask but at least there is still hope for Hyperion.

The Thor & Hyperion bromance is awesome.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 03-25-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

The new characters to this Avengers run were one of the best things about it (only Smasher is now alive, correct?). I'm really sad to see them go out like that.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Whoa so did Starbrand go out with a White Bang?I was a fan of the New Universe back when those comics were published. I'm so glad Hickman decided to use Nightmask and Starbrand. Now my fingers are crossed that a earth gets hit with the white event and starts the New Universe all over again.

Spectacular Member

Wow, so many of the newbies that Hickman inducted into the Avengers are biting the dust here. I wasn't able to keep up with these titles on a monthly basis... Are Captain Universe and Smasher still alive?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I loved this issue. I'll miss Starbrand and Nightmask but at least there is still hope for Hyperion.

Yeah, I have to say the end of this ish choked me up a bit. Sad that we won't see those two continue their friendship. Great issue. Sh*t's getting intense!

Quote Originally Posted by Zartan's Brother View Post
    Wow, so many of the newbies that Hickman inducted into the Avengers are biting the dust here. I wasn't able to keep up with these titles on a monthly basis... Are Captain Universe and Smasher still alive?
    Yes. Smasher is still alive and is a part of Sunspot's New Avengers group, although she's just been called in by Gladiator to assist the Imperial Guard with invading and destroying Earth. So her status as an Avenger is a little shaky at the moment. It'll depend on how she handles the conflicting loyalties.

Captain Universe is still around, but we haven't seen her since the end of Infinity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Yes. Smasher is still alive and is a part of Sunspot's New Avengers group, although she's just been called in by Gladiator to assist the Imperial Guard with invading and destroying Earth. So her status as an Avenger is a little shaky at the moment. It'll depend on how she handles the conflicting loyalties.

Captain Universe is still around, but we haven't seen her since the end of Infinity.
    Thanks! Hopefully Izzy sticks around. I liked her origin issue. Shame that Captain Pie has been absent, but that seemed inevitable with the size of Hickman's cast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Almost teared up when I saw the last fight of the multiversal Avengers. I honestly hope someone uses them again and keep the Thor/Hyperion friendship. It's really touching.

The moment with Tnor and the hammer was tone of the best comic book moments I've ever had. Amazing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    Maybe it's what they are composed of; life and ideas and belief that allowed them to defeat the Beyonders. It's certainly not power level, and it goes along with what Hickman has continually wrote. Perhaps the Builders and abstracts simply tried to fight on a plane that the Beyonders are ready for versus what this team did.
    I like this idea.

Based on New Avengers #30 Pym says they come from "wild space" and they lured the Celestials and Abstracts to the Nexus which was both "real" and "wild space", maybe being able to tap into their "wild space" allowed them to defeat the Celestials/Abstracts/Living Tribunal. I thought the reason why less powerful beings could defeat the Beyonders was due to the battle taking place in "real space" (ie 616 Universe), maybe the Beyonders powers become limited to the laws of the universe. Or the reverse maybe true that taking the fight to the "wild space" which seems it was happens in this issue, the Beyonders are mortal in their "wild space", allowing them to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    What issue was that?
    It's early in the FF run, like FF 4 or FF 5. Three of the Reed Richards come through the Bridge and decide on using Sol's Anvil as a way to get home. One of the Reeds references that they'd used Sol's Anvil to "crush that Beyonder" in one of the Universes they were watching over.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The moment with Tnor and the hammer was tone of the best comic book moments I've ever had. Amazing.
    I agree. Thor finding himself worthy, even if it is at the worst possible moment to find yourself suddenly worthy, was a great moment.

I haven't said this yet, but I really did enjoy this issue. I wasn't surprised that the Nihili and Abyss died as I'd expected that Hickman would clean all of his toys off the table before Secret Wars. I expect that Pod and the rest of the Systems will get wiped out when the Galactic Council invade. He's closing down the shop so that he can head into a more classic Secret Wars story that wouldn't require a deep deep reading of his Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I agree.
    New Avengers #32 (2015) - Seite 23.jpg
    New Avengers #32 (2015) - Seite 24.jpg

Epic.

Sign me up for a Thor + Hyperion ongoing NOW
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html