Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elektra #11 Review/Discussion -

Well, the last issue is here. It's a great issue, provided a great look into Elektra's mind as she faces Bullseye and the Hand. While short, their confrontation is engaging and satisfying. While Elektra is unable to kill Lester, she does the next best thing.

The Guild storyline is effectively wrapped, while providing opportunity for future storytelling. The scene with Hill at the end is another reminder of how far she's come from her 'lone-wolf' status: she has friends and allies, and she is ultimately proving herself to be more of a hero than she thinks she is. If we get more 616 Elektra in the future, I want to see her working with Hill and SHIELD more often.

Of course, the art leaves nothing to be desired, with Del Mundo providing one of the best rendered issues of this run. Gonna miss this title, but both creators gave us a great book that I'm really thankful for. This is perhaps the best treatment of the character since Frank created her.

This was a special run. And not just due to Del Mundo's outstanding work either. I liked the story Blackman created as well. More importantly, it was nice to see the Hand not used as fodder as much.

Exactly! When was the last time the Hand challenged her this much?

What did she do to Bullseye?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I want to see an Ultimate Collection ASAP.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What did she do to Bullseye?
    Used the skull of a son of Death on him; instead of killing him, it kind of aged and weakened him.

An amazing end to an amazing run! Simply stunning art and excellent writing that perfectly captures the character. Blackman will go down as one of the best Elektra writers since Miller and this one of the most underrated comic runs ever. I hope she will not go into limbo and the true 616 version of her has a place in the MU post Secret Wars.

I was amazed that they used La Isla de la las Muñecas at the end, I never realized before it could be such an amazing set for a comic book! Here's a pic of the real deal:

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    The Guild storyline is effectively wrapped, while providing opportunity for future storytelling. The scene with Hill at the end is another reminder of how far she's come from her 'lone-wolf' status: she has friends and allies, and she is ultimately proving herself to be more of a hero than she thinks she is. If we get more 616 Elektra in the future, I want to see her working with Hill and SHIELD more often.
    She could work with the Secret Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I was amazed that they used La Isla de la las Muñecas at the end, I never realized before it could be such an amazing set for a comic book! Here's a pic of the real deal:

This is one of the great things about this entire run, Blackman and Del Mundo have had Elektra travel to these amazing places in both the real world and Marvel Universe. I didn't realise that Schicheng in issue #3 was a real place until I read about online!

I'm going to miss this series. Blackman and Del Mundo made an excellent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I want to see an Ultimate Collection ASAP.
    You and me both
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I would be more than ok with this. I feel like the end to this book makes it easier to place her on a more heroic path, and I always thought she would work well in a team setting (and imo she worked great in Thunderbolts).

I agree that with the end of this series she seems better placed to work on a team in comparison to how she was in Thunderbolts. I could even see her taking a leadership position now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    My Secret Avengers team: Elektra, Silver Sable, Winter Soldier, Paladin and Hawkeye.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    My Secret Avengers team: Elektra, Silver Sable, Winter Soldier, Paladin and Hawkeye.
    Add in Taskmaster and Sold.

Yeah the book conclusion puts her in a really nice place to be on a team. But aside from Thunderbolts, she'd easily fit on Secret Avengers given the developments between Hill and her.