Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #32 (SPOILER) and review

the issue opens with alex coming to the school in canada. we get some friendly interaction between the brothers, but alex clearly knows something wrong has happened. via flashback, we see cyclops breaking the news to the students that the school is kaput and trying to make plans for them. no one is having it and everyone is pissed off, or confused.

illyana says screw this, grabs kitty, and leaves. goldball accidentally kills cyclop and emma makes christopher heal him. in further switch between present and flashback, cyclops and havok bond and cyclops basically tells alex it was all for nothing. alex tries to comfort scott and keep him from turning himself in.

in another flashback, emma and cyclops have a very heart-wrenching scene and then she leaves for good.

the issue ends with cyclops and havok alone out in the snow.

this issue has made me so angry. and hurt. mad at bendis for leaving...mad at cyclops for giving up.

i really did believe in him too. and this issue hurts.

Ugh.

I'm happy to see Bendis go, tbh.

This series peaked at issue #3 for me.

BANNED

This entire run is crap. All in all I feel SW is playing a major influence and Bmb is trying to save characters he wants to use later.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

This issue definitely makes me disappointed in how short Bendis' run was and how Secret Wars is derailing everything just so we can revisit past events and see Doctor Doom remake the universe.

Uh... can we please get a little more on that whole Goldballs accidentally killed Cyclops and Christopher heals them?
    Howthewhut?

As I said in a previous thread, I found this one difficult to read as both a Scott and a ScottxEmma fan. Seeing him give him up and lose everyone was almost as sad as the conversation between him and Emma. I think I skipped anger and just went to feeling miserable after reading this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Uh... can we please get a little more on that whole Goldballs accidentally killed Cyclops and Christopher heals them?
    Howthewhut?
    One of goldballs balls hits scott and the students assume he was dead it wasn't really confirmed. Hell emma didn't even freak out.

Oh, okay. Probably nothing major then.
    Thank you, Harry.

Extraordinary Member

Are we supposed to assume that some crap that happened in AXIS, that we have no way to know how it relates to this story, affected Cyclops? It might just better if we did, because I do not see what changed just because Xavier left him everything and Tempus threw a tantrum. Guess I will know in a few hours just whether Bendis has something here or is just trolling us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    One of goldballs balls hits scott and the students assume he was dead it wasn't really confirmed. Hell emma didn't even freak out.
    Emma said "he is out cold". That's not the same as dead...

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

So what did Emma and Scott say to each other?

they said lots of things. she said she wanted to start over. he said no. he said he wouldn't even touch her with namor's trident. he asked why she never apologized for betraying him. she said she's still his biggest fan no matter what. and that she wishes her powers were still broken.

and then she told him that his revolution is real, whether he believes it or not. and then she left.

I kept having to remind myself that Alex is supposed to be inverted during the whole issue. So he is acting/saying the reverse of what he would usualy do/say...lol

I am curious about the end too: Scott says he has to do something. But it's Alex who seems to have a plan: When Scott asks him "You have something, don't you?", he answers: "You know what? I damn well do."

I am wondering if Alex is refering to the Phoenix Egg: That's a pretty big thing and there isn't that many issues left before UXM catch-up with "Time Runs Out". If that's the case, it would probably mean that it's the Avengers who have the Egg or know about it and that's how Alex would be aware of it?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they said lots of things. she said she wanted to start over. he said no. he said he wouldn't even touch her with namor's trident. he asked why she never apologized for betraying him. she said she's still his biggest fan no matter what. and that she wishes her powers were still broken.

and then she told him that his revolution is real, whether he believes it or not. and then she left.
    Awww, I love what she said to him but yeah...I feel him on the betrayal LOL.

Man this cyclops solo got pretty sad.