Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    HEY GUYS! Great Idea! how about we don't make a big deal about this cover!? Crazy I know but hear me out. Lets try and have contructive conversation about the premise behind the book and the story that we would like to read rather than focusing on superficial bull crap? WHO IS WITH ME!?!?!?
    Okay you start...

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Okay you start...
    Well I think its quite interesting that they are putting a MC2 short in this book too. I think there is a lot to explore involving that world and would love to read a full story hopefully soon.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

HEY GUYS! Great Idea! how about we don't make a big deal about this cover!? Crazy I know but hear me out. Lets try and have contructive conversation about the premise behind the book and the story that we would like to read rather than focusing on superficial bull crap? WHO IS WITH ME!?!?!?
    The quality of the art is not superficial bull crap in a comic book. I like Ramos, and it may be just the cover, but if that's how he's depicting MJ in the book, it is very off.

Ramos is just doing the covers. The interior art is by Paco Diaz.

BANNED

You are the one making a big deal out of this, till your post I saw nothing too worrying besides someone saying her back must be killing her.

BANNED

Ramos kinda does big boobs. I chalk it up to his exaggerated style. At least they're not static.

Anyway, good to see Flash getting the top spot in the first story.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

This. MJ is sexy and I am proud to say it.

Also really curious to see what Lizard Hulk looks like.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm ashamed at those 2 or 3 posters who mistook skimpy MJ for May Day. tsk tsk

The outfit MJ is wearing on the cover is what she wore on one of the original Spider-Island's covers.

But that wasn't her outfit in-universe during that story.

That was such a practical outfit. It really allowed for alot of mobility and those thigh-high stockings provide a good degree of leg protection.

Amazing Member

I've really missed Mayday Spider-Girl and the world of MC2. In some ways, yeah, it was old school writing and a bit more all-ages but in another it felt a little more mature: superheroes were an active part of daily life for more than a generation and incorporated into society as the norm (similar reasons to why I liked pre-New 52 JSA, Astro City, and Top 10).

Considering the social media buzz that tries to pit Millennial values versus Baby Boomers, I can see Mayday's story being even more relevant today than when she debuted. So much of Peter Parker's heroism and anxiety still carries his Silver Age concerns, the kind of 1960s neurosis around guilt and him being a nerd against lunk-headed machismo. From her first adventure onward her heroism is based off of inclusion and empathy, someone that is best friends with the nerds and the jocks and sought to bring Normie Osborn back into a loving community. Like the real world millennials she deals with the good and bad legacies of her parents' generation and tries to establish that while she can honor the past but she's the one that's going to be shaping the future, not her dad.

So, yeah, picking this up for DeFalco's Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman. Voting with the pocketbook for more stories like this in the new Marvel Universe.

Mighty Member

To be fair and unbiased, I think even a professional soccer player will be jealous of Peter's legs as depicted on that cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    This. MJ is sexy and I am proud to say it.

Also really curious to see what Lizard Hulk looks like.
    Agreed. Completely Agree.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Semicyon View Post
    I've really missed Mayday Spider-Girl and the world of MC2. In some ways, yeah, it was old school writing and a bit more all-ages but in another it felt a little more mature: superheroes were an active part of daily life for more than a generation and incorporated into society as the norm (similar reasons to why I liked pre-New 52 JSA, Astro City, and Top 10).

Considering the social media buzz that tries to pit Millennial values versus Baby Boomers, I can see Mayday's story being even more relevant today than when she debuted. So much of Peter Parker's heroism and anxiety still carries his Silver Age concerns, the kind of 1960s neurosis around guilt and him being a nerd against lunk-headed machismo. From her first adventure onward her heroism is based off of inclusion and empathy, someone that is best friends with the nerds and the jocks and sought to bring Normie Osborn back into a loving community. Like the real world millennials she deals with the good and bad legacies of her parents' generation and tries to establish that while she can honor the past but she's the one that's going to be shaping the future, not her dad.

So, yeah, picking this up for DeFalco's Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman. Voting with the pocketbook for more stories like this in the new Marvel Universe.
    I like your take on Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman of MC2. It actually makes a shocking lot of sense. Beyond that, I can't really add anything more, except that I'll be buying this, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Definitely getting this for Mayday. Would prefer it was stand-alone but that's alright since the Spider-Verse story looks interesting with CapWolf and Lizard Hulk.