Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Tim Blake Nelson Reportedly in "Final Negotiations" to Join "Fantastic Four"

Actor Tim Blake Nelson may be close to the role of Harvey Elder -- better known as the Mole Man -- in Fox's 2015 "Fantastic Four" reboot.

Full article here.

Ahhhh, ohhh, Goddd!

Lovely, lovely, jubbly!

Here was I just expecting more of Doctor Doom - though he could be main, with Mole Man secondary, or one pre-villain, other villain - but so awesome!

Also - this fella, is the Leader from 2008s' The Incredible Hulk. Let that sink in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Also - this fella, is the Leader from 2008s' The Incredible Hulk. Let that sink in.
    Maybe it's Fox's response to Marvel poaching Chris Evans for Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Maybe it's Fox's response to Marvel poaching Chris Evans for Cap.
    I doubt they'd be that petty - or at least would hope not.

But, even though I didn't feel like Nelson necessarily had the right stuff to play the Leader, if he was to come about, hopefully he does with Mole Man and the people behind this know what they're doing with Doctor Doom - or Victor - and Mole Man - or Harvey Elder - both featuring.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

I'm liking this... I'm so tired of Doom, they should have gone completely with other villain. Mole Man is cool, i hope he does a good job.
    but.. come on! the Hulk's Leader? aren't there any more actors out there?
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

As if Marvel was going to make a movie starring the Leader any time soon (let alone Hulk-related).

Good for him. He deserves a second crack at Super Hero movies.

BANNED

could be good. i wonder if they are poaching the Ultimate FF storyline involving him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    As if Marvel was going to make a movie starring the Leader any time soon (let alone Hulk-related).
    Judging from Marvel's current stance on the Hulk I honestly wouldn't put it past them allowing the Leader to end up in Agents of Shield.

Spectacular Member

Nelson is an underrated actor, though this is very somewhat news because they never made a proper sequel to The Incredible Hulk.

Not that I expected a sequel, still...

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post

Good for him. He deserves a second crack at Super Hero movies.
    Well, for better or worse, or both, at least both the Hulk and the Leader get a weekly go round with Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, whilst the Hulk himself gets a fruther look with Avengers Assemble - and then, at least, there's Age Of Ultron next year!

Sure, I'd love a new Hulk film, starring Ruffalo, set after AOU, maybe be the first year of THREE MCU films, but, until then, at least I have the Hulk on the small and silver screen, if not on his own. One day, sure.

Spectacular Member

There's a sadistic part of me that thinks it would be funny if Harvey Elder gets the same treatment as Samuel Sterns in The Incredible Hulk: introduced, set up to appear as a villain in the sequel, and then hasn't appeared since. If the F4 movie goes as well as Fox hopes it does though, he should get his shot this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zartan's Brother View Post
    There's a sadistic part of me that thinks it would be funny if Harvey Elder gets the same treatment as Samuel Sterns in The Incredible Hulk: introduced, set up to appear as a villain in the sequel, and then hasn't appeared since. If the F4 movie goes as well as Fox hopes it does though, he should get his shot this time.
    That would be so ironic. Although according to the tie in comics the Leader was so mutated they probably wouldn't need the original actor to play him.

Spectacular Member

I think it's a great choice. He would have made an AWESOME Leader though.

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    I think it's a great choice. He would have made an AWESOME Leader though.
    Agreed (heavy sigh). The aborted involvement of Norton in the Hulk role and the entire missed chance of a TV inspired "Banner on the run" movie series just makes me hurt inside, badly.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have said for a while if they want to do a great Hulk movie they should do the "Ground Zero" story. The Leader was at his all time best there.