Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Totally agree, that's the story that got me hooked on the Peter David Hulk.

BANNED

Nnooooo! I loved him in The Incredible Hulk and I was hoping to see him reprise his role in a future Hulk movie! DX

Darn you Fox. First Quicksilver, now you pull this crap!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Nnooooo! I loved him in The Incredible Hulk and I was hoping to see him reprise his role in a future Hulk movie! DX

Darn you Fox. First Quicksilver, now you pull this crap!

I'm guessing if they do a sequel to The Incredible Hulk, and they want the Leader, they can get him back if they choose. He was contracted for further films through Marvel still.

BANNED

They could but it always bugs me when I see actors (edit: certain actors) that have become specific characters in my mind in a different role. It's kind of the way I hate to see Chris Evans on the Fantastic Four movie posters now, and it's the reason I was bothered by the Lucy trailer starring Scar Jo right before watching her play Black Widow in CA:TWS. I didn't even like the way that asian guy from The Dark Knight (I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about) was in CA:TWS. I was like, "What's he doing here? The Joker burned him alive!"

I know it's silly but it's one of those things that really ruin movie watching experiences for me. lol
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 05-03-2014 at 10:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    They could but it always bugs me when I see actors (edit: certain actors) that have become specific characters in my mind in a different role. It's kind of the way I hate to see Chris Evans on the Fantastic Four movie posters now, and it's the reason I was bothered by the Lucy trailer starring Scar Jo right before watching her play Black Widow in CA:TWS. I didn't even like the way that asian guy from The Dark Knight (I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about) was in CA:TWS. I was like, "What's he doing here? The Joker burned him alive!"

I know it's silly but it's one of those things that really ruin movie watching experiences for me. lol
    Once I saw "Kumar" showed up on superman returns as Lex henchman , I was expecting Harold as well. It was so silly seeing the guy appearing in a serious movie. Took me out of the movie entirely.

But most of the time , it's fine. After all , they are actors , they have the ability to act beyond their roles. You don't see Depp in lone ranger and think it's captain jack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Once I saw "Kumar" showed up on superman returns as Lex henchman , I was expecting Harold as well. It was so silly seeing the guy appearing in a serious movie. Took me out of the movie entirely.

But most of the time , it's fine. After all , they are actors , they have the ability to act beyond their roles. You don't see Depp in lone ranger and think it's captain jack.
    Right, but there's that moment where it takes you out of a movie. It seems to only happen with actors who have become a character in my mind. I've seen J. Depp in so many roles over the years and he hasn't really become a single one to me, save for Edward Scissorhands... maybe even. It could be something that's unique to the superhero/comic book movie genre. Either way, I don't want Tim Blake Nelson to play any character in a comic book movie that is not the Leader. :P