Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #34 Solicitation

WONDER WOMAN #34
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art and cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    DC UNIVERSE SELFIE variant cover
    On sale AUGUST 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Is this the end of Olympus and the gods? Wonder Woman is locked in a desperate battle with the First Born with the destiny of immortals at stake – and she must make a decision that will effect the lives of those she loves most.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Not really a fan of that cover.

"It wears a crown of horns", now where's the cape of "flowing blood"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

WONDER WOMAN #34
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Is this the end of Olympus and the gods? Wonder Woman is locked in a desperate battle with the First Born with the destiny of immortals at stake – and she must make a decision that will effect the lives of those she loves most.
    Nice cover. That must be First Born? He's changed appearances yet again? Or, is that someone else.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Maybe that's Zeke all grown up on the cover?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    "It wears a crown of horns", now where's the cape of "flowing blood"?
    I was going to ask about the statue of liberty from hell look, but then your post made sense of it.

I really like the cover and the deadly embrace the two of them are in.

BANNED

It seems First born has killed demeter. I wonder what will happen to Diana if she kills First born?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    It seems First born has killed demeter. I wonder what will happen to Diana if she kills First born?
    she will just stay beautiful as always ahaha

liek the expressions on the cover

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

WONDER WOMAN #34
    Just kill this mf already, lol

That cover is, unattractive, but it works..
    #MagnetoWasRight

I don't like the cover either. I can't wait for the First Born to finally be done with.

Amazing Member

How many issues will it take for this story to end? It seems like it takes for ever and with all these issues there is not even one decent fight scene, that's ridiculous!

Superb cover! This story will be even more legendary than it already is.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    It seems First born has killed demeter.
    That's what it looks like to me, too. I wonder, then, if Demeter is the "unlikely ally" we're going to see tomorrow. Maybe she shows up because it's now clear to her that the destruction the First Born would bring wouldn't be just another "harvest" but the harvest to end all harvests--there wouldn't be anything left to sow or reap, bring life or end it--so she not only doesn't have to be neutral anymore but can't be neutral?

As for the cape of blood--I kind of thought we saw that in 29, but in an unexpected way; those "tentacles" coming out of his back were like overgrown blood vessels. So if he can still make those appear and if he has the crown courtesy of Demeter, the First Born's "ensemble" may be all ready for the final moment of the prophecy.

What's Diana going to need to decide that will affect the lives of her loved ones? Maybe it sill seem that to fight the First Born she'll have to open Doom's Door, which could destroy Paradise Island? Or she might have to allow Zeke to grow up all too fast? She could also have to decide whether to let Olympus be destroyed and closed off forever as the First Born's prison, but that would affect the Olympians the most, and while she's on friendlier terms with some of them now, I'm not sure they would count as "those she loves most." (I know, I'm taking the solicits too seriously.)
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-20-2014 at 08:10 AM.

I like Chiang's covers because they dont just show the hero in some action pose fighting some bad guy in the typical style, something we'll see in the book anyway. They're more poetic, more simple in execution and look better on the stand. For example Ivan Reis who is a good artist, is part of the house style and his covers are what... Aquaman fighting those trench monsters. Whoop dee doo.

Astonishing Member

Sorry--wrong thread!
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-20-2014 at 10:48 AM.