Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    The concept has potential, though for sure, it needs more development, at some point. Azz is running out of time to develop it, but I think it's starting to look like Soule will handle it.

Maybe he'll show that it's not "merely a boost in speed and strength"--because I don't see how we know that it is. Great physical strength is what we've seen when she has used god mode so far, but it could be the tip of the iceberg, especially now that she's War. Look at the telepathic power and affinity for soldiers she shows in SM/WW 8; what if god mode poses the risk that she won't be able to take over soldiers' minds, perhaps all over the world at once?

But even if the power itself is purely physical, the source of the power is similar to "some dark magic," as you put it; it's a supernatural, godly inheritance that "doesn't always flow right in the blood," according to Lennox (in issue 15). Diana's brother Milan calls his inheritance a curse, for example, and most of her other siblings seem morally and/or psychologically messed up in one way or another. So Azz and/or Soule could clarify that when she taps into that power source she's also tapping into a much less human and less moral part of herself--one that would be (metaphorically speaking) more like a storm raging out of control, as Ares suggests in issue 23. So maybe when she uses it she risks losing her humanity altogether, which is apparently what happens in the possible future we'll see in September. Of course, he could be giving us that "possible future" in order to set up a present-day story about she avoids it by learning to control her godly powers.

One thing that would help in developing the whole god mode concept is showing how Diana first became convinced of the need to keep her power cuffed up. Did something traumatic happen? Did she go on a rampage and accidentally hurt people? That could help explain a lot--not only why she feels she needs the cuffs, but also maybe why Aleka is so wary of her.
    I agree xD
    It is more a feeling, or maybe what I think it happened xD, anyway, looking at this:

I think that Hippolyta asked Hephaestus to make them after something happened...for example, as a child, she may have lost control and hurted her sisters. That would even explain the emphasis on her being different and on her feeling different from them... Yes...there's the clay thing as the reason why they 'bullied' her, but what if it was also for something else, not only because they believed she was born in another way, but also because they feared her?

After all the amazons hate men, right...? So was the fact they believed she was born from clay a reason to bully her? I don't think they were happy about having a 'father', since they hated men... so...why to bully her for not having one?
    Envy...? But maybe also 'fear'...
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 05-20-2014 at 10:26 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    After all the amazons hate men, right...? So was the fact they believed she was born from clay a reason to bully her? I don't think they were happy about having a 'father', since they hated men... so...why to bully her for not having one?
    I always figured Aleka and her cronies bullied her partly because they were jealous of her fatherlessness; it bothered them that they were just ordinary Amazons, with fathers, while Diana was "the ultimate Amazon, untainted by male seed," or whatever Hermes called her in issue 2. But yes, if they'd seen her lose control of her powers, that would give them more reasons to have bad feelings about her.

BANNED

because she was different. WW didn't had a father, they also wanted to not have a father and be born from clay.

Aleka just need a kiss, and move on. what a big lesbian crush lol...

I don't think all amazons hate men, more like they prefer to avoid them. they aren't wrong at all

Amazing Member

I like the cover. I don't think there's been a single one that I've disliked. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

How many issues will Azz and co have left after this?

Astonishing Member

I think he'll be gone after 36.