Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Default Guardians 3000 #6

Just picked up the new issue of Guardians 3000. I do not like the art at all. It is way too simple and cartoony. I really started enjoying Sandoval's art. Now we have Nico's simple art. It was just a shock to the system. I will read the story shortly.

At first I was "eh" at them meeting current Guardians, but I liked that it was a bit meta on whole All New thing As for the art, I kinda have to agree, I didn't like Sandoval's art much, but this is hardly better.

Unfortunately, Marvel's dubious choices of artist for this book are going to tank it. While this, Bendis' drek continues it's string of top shelf artist.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Unfortunately, Marvel's dubious choices of artist for this book are going to tank it. While this, Bendis' drek continues it's string of top shelf artist.

Peace
    Well, the book is ending in 2 ( or 3?) issues....at least the "replacement" book has art similar to Sandoval's (which is a reason why I'm going to pick it)....but yeah, the art change was shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    Just picked up the new issue of Guardians 3000. I do not like the art at all. It is way too simple and cartoony. I really started enjoying Sandoval's art. Now we have Nico's simple art. It was just a shock to the system. I will read the story shortly.
    I thought something felt off about this issue, I was too used to Sandoval, I miss the shark mouth. I still liked the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I can understand why Bendis gets top tier artist, his book is considered the flagship of the franchise, but every other spin-off seams to have gotten decent art teams too. Only book that caters to older fans gets the shaft.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Honestly a bit surprised no one is talking about anything besides the art change. What about The Old Hunger/Galactus surviving the end of the multiverse/incursions or the two teams meeting for the first time?

When did Major Victory, Nikki and Starhawk went back in time?
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    When did Major Victory, Nikki and Starhawk went back in time?
    Wasn't shown, probably will be explained via some flashback in next issue.

As for two teams meeting, they already kinda did in previous GotG run by DnA so it didn't feel like anything special here, to me at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Honestly a bit surprised no one is talking about anything besides the art change. What about The Old Hunger/Galactus surviving the end of the multiverse/incursions or the two teams meeting for the first time?
    I guess some readers can't see beyond disagreable art.

I liked the story and have done since the very first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Liking the story, but have to say that both artists have been really, really distracting to me.

On Galactus being a survivor from the previous universe... yes, but in the past we've been told that he was a pretty different dude before that transition, where here he seems to be suggesting that he can survive into the next universe pretty much unchanged. Also, if he's hanging out in this 'echo' of the future 616 (or is that 691?) universe a thousand years hence, does that mean he didn't transition to Battleworld and won't play a role in Secret Wars proper? After all, if he went to Battleworld with Manhattan or whatever, you'd think he'd also be present when Secret Wars concludes and we get to see what the MU looks like from that point forward. Or maybe this is the Galactus of Earth-691? Or just an 'echo' himself of one or the other and doesn't realize it?

Of course, them meeting their contemporary counterparts is interesting, and highlights the differences in the timelines. I was interested in the previous issues to note that they're sticking with the original dates for Vance Astro's back story, so that visiting the Vance Astrovik of Earth-616 and activating his powers and setting him on the path to become Justice is far from the only divergence point between the two timelines; before there was any time travel meddling, Vance Astro was already born decades earlier than Justice could have been. Not sure how that could have been caused by the early 20c Martian invasion, but whatevs. I'm also curious to know what was different with the Avengers and other heroes of Vance Astro's Earth-691 timeline, apart from having their adventures earlier chronologically - did they have no space opera adventures like the Kree-Skrull War, and never capture and reverse engineer any Skrull or other alien ships, explaining why Astro's mission to Alpha Centauri had no FTL drive?

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'm thinking Galactus (the alternate ones are all connected in some intimate way, though each one is also separate as well, so I'd assume Galactus survives as a whole multidimensional entity) is outside the multiverse proper at this point in G3K as it has ceased to be, and Battleworld takes place within the last fragment of the multiverse, so Galactus would not be there. The Surfer is also supposed to survive the incursions/multiverse end going by the solicits for his book, maybe there's a connection there.

I forgot that the Guardians met before, though this is a bit different circumstantially.