Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is kinda jarring considering that big part of Parker's run was Aquaman winning over support and respect of his people. Now, surprise plot twist, they want him dead... AGAIN.
    Not I story I'm interested to read. seems more of the same

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    ... Why should I blame Convergence if I said that the latter half of Parker's run was better than the beginning?
    The Convergence shakeup is the entire reason he is off the book though.

Sentiment Allowances

I think Aquaman has enough of a kingdom/island story arc detailing to allow Mera some real room for extra contribution --- while Aquaman works out personal issues about his mother.

It's interesting how Aquaman is tough but has enough intuition to be a mediator too...how would he talk about the sale of water-pistols if he receives a human body and runs for senate in the human world?

I'm interested in Karaku's perspective on Mera 'interfering' in Aquaman's 'strong-arm activities.' Who will take advantage of Aquaman's emotional complications here? By the way, what do people think about Aqualad storylines compared to Robin (Batman - DC Comics) storylines (just curious)?

Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm)

comic.jpg

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

These last two issues didn't do it for me, sadly Parker had 4 really good issues in a decent run, looking forward to Bunn. Actually make that 5 good issues loved the reunion one!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Not I story I'm interested to read. seems more of the same
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. Parker KILLED it with Maelstrom and he finally is the rightful ruler of Atlantis, the continent itself will accept him...now he's on the run from his people AGAIN! Seriously? Wow that's original! I'm not too thrilled right now for Bunn's work...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Pelletier is a HUGE loss. He had a quite strong, detailed and widescreen style that helped the adventure tone of the title.

Don't know how the new artist will be able to compete with that.
    This! I completely agree with. Pelletier is a HUGE loss for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The Convergence shakeup is the entire reason he is off the book though.
    We don't know that.

This had some cool moments, and I've liked Parker's work but I agree the 'king on the run' stuff isn't my favorite place for Aquaman to be.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

3 more issues to let Parker finish the story and this would have been beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    3 more issues to let Parker finish the story and this would have been beautiful.
    This is how it feels. I can see how this was the only way it could end, but it just didn't feel like a completion. Maelstrom was the most powerful story of the run, and I think it could have used an ending that felt less rushed.

I enjoyed Parker's run. It was a little formulaic at times, each issue definitely followed the same pattern still they were good stories and Pelletier's art made the action exciting. The tales were compelling enough, even if I felt each of them had more potential that could have been exploited.

I worry that we're just going to fall back into Aquaman being the joke of the DCU.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.