Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    You realize that there is a special code in the Avengers charter saying that they can have any members under the age of 18? Teenagers do not belong on the Avengers. I doesn't matter how experience they are, you can't join as a minor.
    It's fiction dude, plus Robin the oldest example of a kid a child combat operative works under adults in the line of duty against dangerous murderous situations and people. Ultimate Spider Peter was going to be an Avenger and was kicking the asses of obviously more trained and lethal foes at the age of 16, the cartoon version is an Avenger already.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People are worried about the Avengers sending kids into battle? Am I on an Earth where Marvel never created the Uncanny X-Men?

I'm hoping it's Superior Tony and editoral decided that the Blue-tooth armour had to go.
    You're also on an earth where Marvel previously had the Avengers have a charter against admitting minors, and where they just had a Civil War event with the Avengers largely revolving around untrained heroes and accountability. Hell, even in the X-Men there was a Schism involving the use of students.

It's one of those issues that I do think needs to be addressed, if they're going to go there. And Waid presumably will. All I'm saying is that I'm doubtful that this roster will be the main Avengers team.

Waid is definitely a big selling point. I'll check this out, even though I hope this isn't the MAIN Avengers book and there's one with a stronger line-up coming down the road.

Of course, all of this depends on whether I can read Marvel after Secret Wars wraps. For all I know, it could wind up being Flashpoint 2.0 for me (how fast is the Flash? He got me to go from 18 to 0 DC books in no time flat!).

BANNED

Marvel will make a new universe and fold what's left of Manhattan into it. Battleworld will remain as it it without it.

Other stuff like married spider man folded into 616 Spiderman.

They could also keep the Xmen on Battleworld seeing how it's mostly Xmen domains.

Ultimate Member

Comic book fan-Two weeks ago:

"Ugh, the same characters AGAIN! Why don't they ever try anything new?"

Present:

"Ugh who are all these nobodies? Why aren't the REAL Avengers here, this stinks."

Never change fandom, never change.

BANNED

There are internet fans are contrarians who like to log on to complain for the sake of complaining. So, yeah I agree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Present:

"Ugh who are all these nobodies? Why aren't the REAL Avengers here, this stinks."

Aside from a lot of people in this thread seeming to like this news, and that obviously the 'fandom' is not some sort of hive mind, it is the Vocal Minority thing happening. People who did not want to see new characters take over were not bothering to talk about it, I mean why would people be complaining before that the Avengers did not have enough traditional characters on it? Now they have a reason, so now they speak up. Regardless, though, most of the fandom is not even weighing in on the issue so why call them out?

Mighty Member

Present:

I think you are referring to two different groups of fans. One group likes the old characters. The other group wants a change. Depending on what's being discussed, one group is more vocal than the other. That's usually the "unhappy" group. Plus, people are allowed to have opinions. It's one thing to express whether you like the book or not. I don't understand why the focus should be on changing people's opinions. I am allowed to like or not like this book. Whichever way I feel I have my reasons.

As long as the book is well done...I think any group of characters can be compelling. I'd like to see more of a blend, I guess (old and new characters) but like I said, I'll give it a shot, no doubt. Lifelong Avengers fan and half the fun of the book has always been those lineup shuffles.....

Fantastic Member

I like all of the characters involved so far.

I do think that their will be more characters involved (and/or OTHER Avengers books) with a "traditional" feel.

I'll wait for more info then decide if it's something to invest in

Waid is all I need to be interested in this!

Extraordinary Member

Nothing too interesting, seems pretty simple.

Fantastic Member

New avengers in 2004 felt organic.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    As long as the book is well done...I think any group of characters can be compelling. I'd like to see more of a blend, I guess (old and new characters) but like I said, I'll give it a shot, no doubt. Lifelong Avengers fan and half the fun of the book has always been those lineup shuffles.....
    I still miss those roster drive issues they used to put out every so often. The "Who will join the Avengers" issues. They'd always put Spider-Man on the cover and he'd never actually join, so I ended up feeling disappointed but they were still cool.

Ultimate Member

Present:

Yeah,Marvel really can't win.

The popular complaint about the main Avengers line-up was "ugh, Marvel only pushes the movie Avengers".

Now it's relatively different, folks want the Movie Avengers back.

I guess it just shows how difficult it is to rely on message board feedback.