Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Default Post-COIE Superman chronologies?

I've recently joined the custom binding world, and I'm in need of an exhaustive single issue-by single issue chronology of Superman comics from Byrne to Flashpoint.

Pre-COIE is covered well by some sites, so I'm good there. I can even find good chronology for Byrne's era to maybe Death & Return, BUT post-Return of Superman to Flashpoint is a bit harder.

And I'm looking for maybe more than a mere raw index of what issues came about in such & such month (can find that too) by cover/release date. I mean, I do seek a list that covers all single issues individually (not just tpbs), but I seek an attempt to actually order them chronologically/continuity-wise and link multi-part issues together (or, for example, would put a later-released story that takes place prior to an earlier-released one before the earlier-released one).

Anyone know know of any such lists? I like to use multiple ones too, to see where they differ or agree.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I've recently joined the custom binding world, and I'm in need of an exhaustive single issue-by single issue chronology of Superman comics from Byrne to Flashpoint.

Pre-COIE is covered well by some sites, so I'm good there. I can even find good chronology for Byrne's era to maybe Death & Return, BUT post-Return of Superman to Flashpoint is a bit harder.

And I'm looking for maybe more than a mere raw index of what issues came about in such & such month (can find that too) by cover/release date. I mean, I do seek a list that covers all single issues individually (not just tpbs), but I seek an attempt to actually order them chronologically/continuity-wise and link multi-part issues together (or, for example, would put a later-released story that takes place prior to an earlier-released one before the earlier-released one).

Anyone know know of any such lists? I like to use multiple ones too, to see where they differ or agree.
    That shouldn't be much of a problem from 1994-2001 ish as the 3-5 main Superbooks still used the triangle numbering system to order the continuity between the various Superman books and the stories still flowed more or less from week to week as they were published (with things being slightly looser at times post 2000). From 2002 on it gets dicier as the books split up storylines and took the numbering off. Sometimes it was easier to order the books than others. I sympathize greatly as that's how I ordered my Supercollection up to FLASHPOINT (and I still attempt to do with the New 52 stuff).

As for the various in continuity specials and annuals mini series etc? I didn't really bother to slot those in unless they tied in directly to a Story arc. I usually just put those in their own separate box.

I personally don't know of any in depth comprehensive list. I am curious myself if there is any consensus on continuity/reading order, especially post 2001-2011. I may have to do some reshuffling of my collection!

Sounds like you have quite an undertaking! I wish you well.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-26-2015 at 07:34 AM.