Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Miles Morales joins post-Secret Wars Avengers

Looks like Miles becomes the new Spider Man after secret wars

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...erent-avengers

BANNED

I figured he'd remain in the UU, buuut guess not. Wonder what this means for the rest of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Wonder what this means for the rest of the line.
    Spider-Marriage? Could we dare to hope?

Spectacular Member

I figured he'd remain in the UU, buuut guess not. Wonder what this means for the rest of the line.
    I am certainly elated that Pete is not going to be in The Avengers. What does it LIKELY mean? The end ( for now), of Peté as Spider-Man ( in 616). It does make sense, because Marvel is stressing "Diversity" in their comics, and the minority kids of today ( the ones who can relate to Miles more than Pete), will be the collectors of tomorrow. But on a non-Socio perspective, Pete basically disappeared for a year (' Superior'), and sales did not tank, and to be honest, Pete is an extremely reluctant hero, and can survive without being Spider-Man. Last but certainly not least, for the MJ fans ( and OMD Haters), like me, we can be happy seeing Pete transition towards a different life: where "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibîlity" becomes Parker Industries, MJ, Mayday, and mentoring Miles.One more point, I also wonder if Norm giving up being Green Goblin and being even more evil, will be an even more dangerous enemy of Pete in Boardrooms than the street ( where Pete ( as a corporate newbie), will have to fight battles on Osborn's turf). Basically a chess match where we see Osborn as a JR Ewing/ Lex Luthor type behind the scenes and Pete having to counter moves would be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, I meant the UU line.

And probably not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    I am certainly elated that Pete is not going to be in The Avengers. What does it LIKELY mean? The end ( for now), of Peté as Spider-Man ( in 616). It does make sense, because Marvel is stressing "Diversity" in their comics, and the minority kids of today ( the ones who can relate to Miles more than Pete), will be the collectors of tomorrow. But on a non-Socio perspective, Pete basically disappeared for a year (' Superior'), and sales did not tank, and to be honest, Pete is an extremely reluctant hero, and can survive without being Spider-Man. Last but certainly not least, for the MJ fans ( and OMD Haters), like me, we can be happy seeing Pete transition towards a different life: where "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibîlity" becomes Parker Industries, MJ, Mayday, and mentoring Miles.One more point, I also wonder if Norm giving up being Green Goblin and being even more evil, will be an even more dangerous enemy of Pete in Boardrooms than the street ( where Pete ( as a corporate newbie), will have to fight battles on Osborn's turf). Basically a chess match where we see Osborn as a JR Ewing/ Lex Luthor type behind the scenes and Pete having to counter moves would be interesting.
    Ah yes. Cutting each other off at the corporate pass with legal loopholes and restraining orders. Exciting stuff.

Ah yes. Cutting each other off at the corporate pass with legal loopholes and restraining orders. Exciting stuff.
    There is great potential there. Game of Thrones is basically a political chess game with a token dragon or three tossed in as chips. And that is an absolute craze as it successfully intertwines competitive politics with fantasy. A superhero Pete turned budding entrepreneur, philanthropist, inventor, family man and mentor (who still does superheroing on the side at times) and all-round idealist/awesome person wading into the murky pools of business on the bigger scale and learning the tricks of the trade while managing to balance it with his strong moral principles would make for an epic book.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well, I meant the UU line.
    Isn't the plan for the all the Universes to merge into one, Crisis on Infinite Earths style?

Even with Miles entering the 616 Universe, I'm not holding my breathe for the Spider-Marriage returning.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Yes, they're doing a merger. I just hope that more Ultimate characters aside from Miles see use.

I'm okay with Miles being an Avenger, but if he's the Spider-Man… ugh. I'm happy because it means this can put the whole "Spider-Man is about youth!" nonsense to rest, but at the same time, I'm not sure about Renew Your Vows. I wanted Peter to both be married as well as stay active as Spider-Man. If the idea is to have Peter get married so he can move on and get replaced by Miles, then it's really no different than what happened with Ben Reilly.

BANNED

Nah, I predict. Spidey being somewhere from new york. Prolly in space with Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Yes, they're doing a merger. I just hope that more Ultimate characters aside from Miles see use.

I'm okay with Miles being an Avenger, but if he's the Spider-Man… ugh. I'm happy because it means this can put the whole "Spider-Man is about youth!" nonsense to rest, but at the same time, I'm not sure about Renew Your Vows. I wanted Peter to both be married as well as stay active as Spider-Man. If the idea is to have Peter get married so he can move on and get replaced by Miles, then it's really no different than what happened with Ben Reilly.
    It's not really the same thing. A big reason why Ben Reilly was met so negatively was because they said that Ben was the "real" Spider-Man while Peter was a clone. If this ends up with Peter married to MJ with a daughter, and Miles is the main Spider-Man, this would be more like the Post-COIE DC, where Jay Garrick and Wally West lived on the same Earth. They were both The Flash. (Even though Jay was semi-retired.)

BANNED

There is great potential there. Game of Thrones is basically a political chess game with a token dragon or three tossed in as chips. And that is an absolute craze as it successfully intertwines competitive politics with fantasy. A superhero Pete turned budding entrepreneur, philanthropist, inventor, family man and mentor (who still does superheroing on the side at times) and all-round idealist/awesome person wading into the murky pools of business on the bigger scale and learning the tricks of the trade while managing to balance it with his strong moral principles would make for an epic book.
    With all due respect to GoT, and I do like the books and the show, I'm gonna say it's more about the bloody spectacle than the political intrigue. But if one of them starts lining up severed heads on pikes outside their office building, then I'll agree to the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post

Ultimate Electro is showing up in the Red Skull Secret Wars tie in and read that we will see the Fly Twins show up in another title.
    Mooper Films

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Isn't the plan for the all the Universes to merge into one, Crisis on Infinite Earths style?

Even with Miles entering the 616 Universe, I'm not holding my breathe for the Spider-Marriage returning.
    They're merging for Battleworld. Who knows afterward.

They're merging for Battleworld. Who knows afterward.
    This cover indicates that they might still be merged afterwards. You know, with Miles being on the Avengers and all.