Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    "Corporate ethics" works perfectly as a theme for Spider-Man as it the next level for "With great power..." We've seen Peter Parker juggle power and responsibility on an individual and at times, family level, so now after 53 years of his creation, it makes sense that he take that balance onto the community level with ethical and socially aware corporate business. "Corporate villainy" is relevant as it is the other side of the same coin.
    This to me sounds like it could make a fantastic theme/storyline/status-quo for Peter Parker. It's NEW. It could be as fresh or fresher as Waid's Daredevil run.

I skimmed the thread yesterday, tossed in less than 2 cents, but darn, seeing this idea gets me excited for Peter Parker's story again. Like, hypothetically excited, since we have no idea of what's actually coming.

It even leaves room for Miles as the street-level kid hero.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    This to me sounds like it could make a fantastic theme/storyline/status-quo for Peter Parker. It's NEW. It could be as fresh or fresher as Waid's Daredevil run.

I skimmed the thread yesterday, tossed in less than 2 cents, but darn, seeing this idea gets me excited for Peter Parker's story again. Like, hypothetically excited, since we have no idea of what's actually coming.

It even leaves room for Miles as the street-level kid hero.
    And the Spider-Family.

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward Waid take on the aveners for sure.Waid is one of the best writers and have been writing one of my favorite series.I am talking about Daredevil.
    About Miles joining the Avengers i am intrigued.
    So i guess this means that Peter Parker wont be in the Avengers anymore post secret wars.
    I dont see two Spider Man apearing in diferent Avengers teams.
    Man this news just make me more in doubt what will be Peter Parker role post secret wars.

By the way, I haven't said anything about the topic of Avengers yet. I must say that I'm a little disappointed that Miles is an Avenger. I'd prefer him to have his own solo book. Yes, he could do both, but this new team is already a step in the other direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    By the way, I haven't said anything about the topic of Avengers yet. I must say that I'm a little disappointed that Miles is an Avenger. I'd prefer him to have his own solo book. Yes, he could do both, but this new team is already a step in the other direction.
    Why do you say that, exactly?

I think Miles demands being featured in more than one book monthly & his own comic; I mean, he's freaking Spider-Man. I'll be very disappointed if Miles doesn't get another on-going, like, to the point where I might not even be interested in purchasing the Avengers if he's being regulated there rather than supplemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Why do you say that, exactly?

I think Miles demands being featured in more than one book monthly & his own comic; I mean, he's freaking Spider-Man. I'll be very disappointed if Miles doesn't get another on-going, like, to the point where I might not even be interested in purchasing the Avengers if he's being regulated there rather than supplemented.
    I'm just saying that I prefer Spider-Man as a street-level hero. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I want Miles to have his own solo book. There is no guarantee of that happening yet. Instead, the first hint of Miles we see is in the next Avengers series. So it's a bit frightening, given my preference.

If he gets a solo book too, then I'll be good.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=LASERlips;1067452]I'm just saying that I prefer Spider-Man as a street-level hero. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I want Miles to have his own solo book. There is no guarantee of that happening yet. Instead, the first hint of Miles we see is in the next Avengers series. So it's a bit frightening, given my preference
    I happen to agree 100 percent that Spider-Man works best on a Street Level, and keeping him away from the Avengers and especially Shield is best. But we know that is not what Dan Slott likes ( if of course he remains on the book). One big difference between Pete and Miles is that Pete has a great cast of villains and supporting characters that Miles does not. I hope he ( assuming he takes over for Pete), can develop that.
    Last edited by Steeler53; 03-31-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Someone posted a link to a late April Fools gag yesterday.

http://observationdeck.io9.com/its-o...ker-1695010851
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hopefully Miles can be mentored in leadership by Sam Wilson. It will help him grow as a hero

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully Miles can be mentored in leadership by Sam Wilson. It will help him grow as a hero
    That would be an interesting partnership.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets