Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Dan DiDio Reveals New "Convergence" Details, Art in Event Trailer

The DC Comics co-publisher shares information about new villain Tellos, and why the various heroes haven't fought against their imprisonment.

Full article here.

I feel like DC turned convergence which was supposed to be this filler event to give a little taste of the old stories to readers while they were moving California to this HUGE MONSTER EVENT THAT WILL CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY AND YOUR CHILDRENS LIVES because of the competition with Secret Wars which is actually a history changing event over at marvel. Does anyone else feel that Convergence was never supposed to be the event that they are making it out to be?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I feel like DC turned convergence which was supposed to be this filler event to give a little taste of the old stories to readers while they were moving California to this HUGE MONSTER EVENT THAT WILL CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY AND YOUR CHILDRENS LIVES because of the competition with Secret Wars which is actually a history changing event over at marvel. Does anyone else feel that Convergence was never supposed to be the event that they are making it out to be?
    I think it'll be about what it was supposed to be, but they still have to advertise it.

It was turning into more than it initially seemed before the new Secret Wars was even announced, so no, I doubt that had much to do with it. I think it mostly just grew of its own volition. The two companies always have rivaling summer events anyways.

But, who am I kidding. This is the internet and it will be engraved law in no time that this was just a cheap rip of Secret Wars II because OMG Marvel.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, there is no reason to assume this has anything to do with Marvel. Ever since I started reading comics, Marvel has always had a big "CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" event in the summer.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

All-New Member

I feel like DC has lost me forever. Even when there's a new event or storyline, it doesn't overcome my Bat-fatigue and Super-fatigue. I've gone from being DC fanboy to firmly Marvel fanboy. Maybe Dan Didio has got to go. I have never cared less about anything, than I cared about "New 52"; I think that much is true of most comic fans.

BANNED

A) Still pissed me favorite character is being left out again.
    B) What a bland sandwich of a speech, sounded exactly like the same dross they wheel out for every event theses days.
    C) Stay calm, nothing fundemental will change as a result of this.

All-New Member

I can't back this up, but I feel like New 52 had become so uninteresting to readers and the press that they had to replace it with something. Maybe you're right.

You can't back it up because it isn't true.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

I have not seen them describing it that way at all. I cannot watch the trailer yet, but we all have seen the solicits for the event, the solicits for the month after, and all of the interviews and ads, and nothing to me seems like it screams anything other than how important this is for the characters the are involved.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    I can't back this up, but I feel like New 52 had become so uninteresting to readers and the press that they had to replace it with something. Maybe you're right.
    If Didio's words are to be taken serious, this is probably the last EVENT in a long time considering he claims they are focusing in telling stories contained within the microverse of each character. And according to Johns they are trying to make Justice League the center of the DCU with the big, important things happening in the pages of the flagship title, although consequences will be felt across the line. Me? I'm mildly excited and going to buy those specials that I felt inclined to, specially those pre-1985
    Last edited by Miraclo__Pill; 03-26-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typos everywhere
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

The problem is that when this was first announced we had little to no information to go on and the way it was first referred to as a "Band Aid event" added to the idea of it being something that was simply filler. Personally, I had a feeling there was going to be far more to this "Band Aid" then what it appeared to be when it was first announced so I never thought of it as being a "filler event" anyway. I don't think it's so much that it's actually turning into more than it was initially but that by downplaying it from the start DC has perhaps mis-advertised it like they have a lot of things in recent years.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The problem is that when this was first announced we had little to no information to go on and the way it was first referred to as a "Band Aid event" added to the idea of it being something that was simply filler. Personally, I had a feeling there was going to be far more to this "Band Aid" then what it appeared to be when it was first announced so I never thought of it as being a "filler event" anyway. I don't think it's so much that it's actually turning into more than it was initially but that by downplaying it from the start DC has perhaps mis-advertised it like they have a lot of things in recent years.
    You can blame BleedingCool for filling article after article about this "band aid event" as they called it and insisting it was just a filler to be used during the moving to Burbank. At least that's the case with me, cause I usually go to that site. Forums are funny as hell there.-
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

BANNED

It won't change everything, but DC is giving convergence a lot of promotion and trying to give it importance. this is the DC books for 2 months, if people see that this won't be so important, they won't buy it.

brainiac already have a sidekick koko

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    A) Still pissed me favorite character is being left out again.
    Is this a generic "fans will react this way" thing, or did your favorite character get left out?
    (If the latter, who are you talking about?)