Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    So Blackest Night was also filler since it didn't impact Batman?
    Sort of considering the nonsense tie-in that wasn't reference afterwords.

The tie ins to Blackest Night are maybe unnecessary padding and not fill ins.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    One (very) big part....yup. Snyder couldn't be bothered and DC wouldn't dare bother to bother him with this space-filler copycat.
    Actually, Snyder and Johns had some input when Convergence was being brainstormed. Jeff King mentioned them in one if his interviews.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Come to think of it, DC even has the opportunity to erase that little embarrassment with the original Kal-L.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That is one thing I am very, very hopeful to see. That was a travesty and I would absolutely love to see a "do-over" with him.

Oh, can we reset the JSA somewhere as well?
    Last edited by cxranger; 03-26-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Oh I finally get convergence! So Like brainiac had bottled the city of Kandor hes pretty much done that with all the various earths of the multiverse before they have been destroyed and nows he's letting them interact with each other? But how was brainiac able to access the different multiverses. He isn't like Darkseid where their is only one of him is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Hypertime don't exist anymore.
    Sure it does. Setting aside the fact that it can't be destroyed, only ignored, it was referenced in comics as recently as the Guide to the Multiverse, as the context within which the new Multiverse exists. And Convergence is fundamentally based on it; that's where the cities on Telos came from: timestreams thought to be dead.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Oh I finally get convergence! So Like brainiac had bottled the city of Kandor hes pretty much done that with all the various earths of the multiverse before they have been destroyed and nows he's letting them interact with each other? But how was brainiac able to access the different multiverses. He isn't like Darkseid where their is only one of him is there?
    Futures End: Booster Gold addresses this: Brainiac got the secret of Vanishing Point from Booster, and has been using it to raid the larger multiverse.
    Rogue wears rouge.

After returning the cities using vanishing point, maybe they will blow up vanishing point so no more collecting.

Spectacular Member

Vanishing Point is one of the cities according to the list of cities.

Vanishing Point is one of the sites featured in the series (in particular, it’s where I expect the Booster Gold two-parter to take place). But I think you're being overly literal to claim that it's one of the domed cities.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Convergence being viewed (originally) as a meaningless filler event while the company shifts coasts is exactly why any DC "news" from Bleeding Cool needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because that schmuck makes clear his bias against the company every time he opens his mouth about them. Even when reporting on something they've had success with, he can't resist throwing a jab or two in. So of course he was gonna downplay & trash-talk the event before DC released any details & he's succeeded in spreading his opinion like a bloody virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    If Didio's words are to be taken serious, this is probably the last EVENT in a long time considering he claims they are focusing in telling stories contained within the microverse of each character. And according to Johns they are trying to make Justice League the center of the DCU with the big, important things happening in the pages of the flagship title, although consequences will be felt across the line. Me? I'm mildly excited and going to buy those specials that I felt inclined to, specially those pre-1985
    Of course, we can all rest assured.
    After all, Didio did say DC wouldn't reboot just about a year before they did.
    And then there's the "Holding the line at $2.99" bit.

While it's true nothing is permanent, it may be more true to say everything is temporary.
    And anything said should be taken as seriously as a politician.

When they say "Nothing will ever be the same!" or "It will (insert dramatic word) (insert hero/heroes) for years to come!", they really mean just until sales figures come in.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by sicsexsix View Post
    Convergence being viewed (originally) as a meaningless filler event while the company shifts coasts is exactly why any DC "news" from Bleeding Cool needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because that schmuck makes clear his bias against the company every time he opens his mouth about them. Even when reporting on something they've had success with, he can't resist throwing a jab or two in. So of course he was gonna downplay & trash-talk the event before DC released any details & he's succeeded in spreading his opinion like a bloody virus.

I agree.
    I used to love reading BC. Years ago.

Now I just glance at the headlines and roll my eyes.
    And the rampant disregard for grammar is appalling.
    Sure, if you really have breaking news that everyone else would clamor to post ahead of you, I could understand the typos. But (1) most aren't even real stories or worth the time to post/read and (2) if they were, you could at least proofread it after it's posted.

The only saving grace for BC is Christine Marie, who appears not to be anti-DC as she's posted favorable reviews for Batgirl and Gotham Academy.
    I hope she gets picked up by a more reputable site.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-26-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    If Didio's words are to be taken serious, this is probably the last EVENT in a long time considering he claims they are focusing in telling stories contained within the microverse of each character. And according to Johns they are trying to make Justice League the center of the DCU with the big, important things happening in the pages of the flagship title, although consequences will be felt across the line. Me? I'm mildly excited and going to buy those specials that I felt inclined to, specially those pre-1985
    Problem being, Didio-era DC doesn't do anything but back-to-back and overlapping mega-events. They don't know how to just simmer down and tell stories that don't involve picking up dozens of different series to make any sense of anymore.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

Spectacular Member

But there's only been 1 event since the new 52 started, and there were only two series you NEEDED to picked up, and less than a dozen tie in series total.