Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1557
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I really wish that Christopher Priest’s contribution to the relationship got more recognition.

Combine Claremont’s original team-up, Priest reuniting them years after their original teamup, and Hudlin pairing them up for marriage and their relationship is much more cohesive and stronger, even with the retcons.

EDIT: not to mention, Priest wrote T’Challa and Ororo together very well.
    it's funny how many times I see people argue these characters had no history before hudlin forced them together. I didnt appreciate the retcons that was the dickey storm book (thank the goddess it was retconned back to the original story) but how people could ever make that claim seriously is beyond me. and what is even more crazy, these same people would prefer her with forge and claim he was her true love even considering how rushed and poorly he treated her when they fell in love.

I think priest how he showed them was really nice. now another interesting fact is that he didnt think the two should ever actually get together. I never knew this until recently.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    When taking the Priest run into account, it’s understandable that T’Challa and Ororo ended up being in a serious relationship, let alone married.

The way T’Challa opened up to Ororo in that run is very different from how he opens up to his close friends (Reed, Luke Cage, Ross, etc), his Wakandan confidants (W’Kabi, Zuri, Taku, the Doras, etc), his family (Ramonda, Shuri), his teammates (the Avengers), and obviously his political peers (Namor, Black Bolt, Doom, Magneto, Cyclops).

When folks say that their relationship was forced, all one has to do is refer to the Priest run. Priest did a great job in reconnecting T’Challa and Ororo back together. Wouldn’t be surprised if Priest’s workinfluenced Hudlin’s decision to pair them up.
    I agree with post 100%!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quick question for you guys. I've been trying to catch up with the BP Coates comics that have the couple reunited. I've also picked up Black Panther and the Crew. My question is which comic(s) do they begin to think about actually seeing each other again or are beginning to date? In BP #17, I think, Ororo mentions T'Challa was wooing her. Does the "wooing" actually take place in the comics? Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I would love to read the lead up to some of the ones I already grabbed where it's obvious they've been seeing each other in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Quick question for you guys. I've been trying to catch up with the BP Coates comics that have the couple reunited. I've also picked up Black Panther and the Crew. My question is which comic(s) do they begin to think about actually seeing each other again or are beginning to date? In BP #17, I think, Ororo mentions T'Challa was wooing her. Does the "wooing" actually take place in the comics? Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I would love to read the lead up to some of the ones I already grabbed where it's obvious they've been seeing each other in NY.
    In order:

-Black Panther and the Crew

-Black Panther, Coates run.

The whooing starts in the Crew, I think.

Thanks for your response. I have BP and the Crew and the "wooing" doesn't start there. I do have some of the BPs written by Coates that has Storm in them, but those seem to be after they've been dating for a little while. I was just wondering if there was a comic that showed them deciding to give their relationship another try or whether that part was simply skipped.

Thanks for your response. I have BP and the Crew and the "wooing" doesn't start there. I do have some of the BPs written by Coates that has Storm in them, but those seem to be after they've been dating for a little while. I was just wondering if there was a comic that showed them deciding to give their relationship another try or whether that part was simply skipped.
    I'm going off of memory here... but I believe the end of Coates first season of the book had T'Challa having Eden teleport him to suddenly appear before a Mohawk Storm, while the start of the second season had him already on a date with a long haired Storm. So I think them actually agreeing to start dating again at least casually occurred off panel between the first and second season, while Storm was growing her hair out again.

That said, I do think what we saw in the Crew was subtle wooing. He was apologizing to Storm... but I also think below the surface he was indicating to her that he wanted to get back together. I don't think he outright said it... but I think he was essentially laying the ground work for making his move later on (a move I don't think we see on panel as season one just ends with him popping up in Storms room).

Thank you, XPac. Yeah, I wondered whether I missed something or if them agreeing to try again occurred off-panel as you said. I think it was issue BP #13 that showed them in a hotel together after what appeared to be a date, and T'Challa asked Ororo if she were a god. At that point, it seemed as if they had been dating for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they said it wasnt real or true but when it is real its forever:

what they are to each others his lips seemingly unable to describe:

but what they are to each other, even when all he knows is gone, his mind and his heart cant deny:

remember home is where your heart is and in the case of tchalla heart is with Ororo.

What comic and issue is the X-Men image from?

What comic and issue is the X-Men image from?
    X-men red issue 3 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    X-men red issue 3 I believe

Thank you.

hi there..

tchalla' s wooing of ororo after the annulment went as far back to before the end of the multiverses in the incursion storyline. the night before the end of their universe tchalla went to her saying by her side was the only place he wanted to be:

Thereafter, readdealholy is right. the Crew is built in that 6 issue storyline and it continues in Coates first run.

ororo keeping that body right for her boo tchalla in wakamda forever xmen #1:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-22-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hi there..

tchalla' s wooing of ororo after the annulment went as far back to before the end of the multiverses in the incursion storyline. the night before the end of their universe tchalla went to her saying by her side was the only place he wanted to be:

Thereafter, readdealholy is right. the Crew is built in that 6 issue storyline and it continues in Coates first run.
    I liked this scene. T'Challa truly giving into his intimate feelings rather than submitting to his duty.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked this scene. T'Challa truly giving into his intimate feelings rather than submitting to his duty.
    agreed it was a nove scene from his perspective. I hated that ororo was so emotionally distraught though. thank goodness we have gotten beyond that phase of anger, bitterness, and resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Well, that's the nice thing about believing the world is going to end. You can be as honest and as selfish as you want.

The beauty of Storm is that she is the only character that can really bring out this side in T'Challa. You almost don't really see the complete picture of T'Challa without her.