Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Below is one of my favorite comic book pages: it's from Issue #606 or #607 from Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run, in which Reed and Susan Richards visited Wakanda and met up with Shuri, T'Challa and Ororo.

I love the panel that shows Ororo, T'Challa, Reed and Susan all sitting together...I like the expressions on all of their faces. It's funny how Susan is looking at the others out of the corner of her eye, like she knows something is up. And could Ororo be looking out of the corner of her eye as well, even though we just see the whites of her eyes? It would be hilarious if both Ororo and Susan were looking at their respective men out of the corner of their eyes!

That one panel makes me think that Storm and Black Panther should be one of Marvel's premiere super couples, like Susan and Reed Richards are.

It's that "family" dynamic among the four of them that I like.

Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-21-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Storm and T'Challa rebuild Genosha as a home for mutants and humans, working and living together. I've said his so many times and it just makes too much sense for it not too have happened. This would have been the third alternative to Scott and Logan. And with Storm, T'Challa and Wakanda defending the new nation, you'd better come pretty badass to mess with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Storm and T'Challa rebuild Genosha as a home for mutants and humans, working and living together. I've said his so many times and it just makes too much sense for it not too have happened. This would have been the third alternative to Scott and Logan. And with Storm, T'Challa and Wakanda defending the new nation, you'd better come pretty badass to mess with this.
    Yeah, I'd like to see Storm and Black Panther build a dynasty together at some point in the future and herald in the "new age" of Wakanda or something.

In House of M, Storm and Black Panther DID unite all of Africa...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    i truly feel if the two got back together it would make for a more meaningful marriage

the marriage was destroyed on and off page by external forces... not the two characters together and how they felt about one another. two strong willed individuals certainly would have a relationship with grudge matches
    Agrd!

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Well before they do get back together Marvel should just give them their own ongoing , and invent some teleportation gadget that allows Storm too Teleport from NY to Wakanda.
    Gr8 idea...BP/Tchalla alrdy built 1 in Doomwar.

On top of that, T'challa's gotta learn to trust Storm as a Wife and a partner. One of the things I hated during Liss and Maberry's run is how they had T'challa shutting Storm out as a partner and wife, that got annoying and it pissed off a lot of Storm fans.
    Hmm...we/SZ agree up2a certain extent bcuz judging frm wat was said in dialogue rel8g 2 BP/Tchalla is d x-bks it clearly shwd dat d x-writers & editors were against d marriage frm d get-go so dey didnt help mattas anyhw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see Storm and Black Panther build a dynasty together at some point in the future and herald in the "new age" of Wakanda or something.
    Anothr gr8 idea.

In House of M, Storm and Black Panther DID unite all of Africa...
    Tru but evn betta we/SZ wud luv 2 c dem (re)start d Fantastic Force composd of heroes frm around d globe frm each & evry 'franchise'(Avngrs, Xmen, F4, ETC) & obscure teams (Livewire, Order, etc) & aliens & androids & gods.

Their luv 4 each othr doesnt just unite all of Africa but d entire planet if nt d universe.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That one panel makes me think that Storm and Black Panther should be one of Marvel's premiere super couples, like Susan and Reed Richards are.

Would you therefore say that T'Challa and Ororo were the perfect replacements for Reed and Sue in McDuffie's FF?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Below is one of my favorite comic book pages: it's from Issue #606 or #607 from Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run, in which Reed and Susan Richards visited Wakanda and met up with Shuri, T'Challa and Ororo.

I love the panel that shows Ororo, T'Challa, Reed and Susan all sitting together...I like the expressions on all of their faces. It's funny how Susan is looking at the others out of the corner of her eye, like she knows something is up. And could Ororo be looking out of the corner of her eye as well, even though we just see the whites of her eyes? It would be hilarious if both Ororo and Susan were looking at their respective men out of the corner of their eyes!

It's that "family" dynamic among the four of them that I like.

D monologue in dat img u postd perfectly describes Wakanda....sum1 shd hv postd in d NA#18 rvw/discussns thrd.

I miss the two being together. Now Storm has the mohawk, making irrational decisions, sleeping with Wolverine, and the wifi tears are trying to make it look like female empowerment. And Panther is all about King of Death and having fights with Namor now. The truth is, Marvel got rid of the marriage to cater a rude vocal minority of X-Fans that hated the Avengers and T'Challa. I think if they had stayed married, to lot of cool stories had the potential of being told. I hope one day Marvel reconsiders dissolving the relationship and remarries them.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Any revealld regrding Kymera frm d rcnt x-issues or is she just a red herring?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Any revealld regrding Kymera frm d rcnt x-issues or is she just a red herring?
    Just a lot of waffling so far with no revelations as of yet as to Kymera's father is. (You'd think that's the first thing Ororo would want to establish from jump.)

Back to appreciation.

Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Would you therefore say that T'Challa and Ororo were the perfect replacements for Reed and Sue in McDuffie's FF?
    Yeah, I would say that they were!

BANNED

And I'd agree with you 100%.

It was a nice touch ably facilitated by Dwayne McDuffie's virtuoso ability to craft well nuanced stories.

Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/20ka9l2.jpg
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-23-2014 at 01:19 AM.

BANNED

I third it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Just a lot of waffling so far with no revelations as of yet as to Kymera's father is. (You'd think that's the first thing Ororo would want to establish from jump.)

Back to appreciation.

]

unless she knew the answer without needing to ask the question

the fact that McDuffie's FF doesnt appear that it will be touched on in original sin is a shame... if james robinson doesnt hit on it at some point its a shame. he has been touching base with all of the ff continuity, he is showing the ff crumble for no good reason in his story.... well the marriage also crumbled for no good reason. seems like a fit
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 05-23-2014 at 09:23 AM.