Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Long story short they were married for 6 years and divorced because of the husband's dangerous lifestyle (he's a U.S marshal) before the first episode. Due to the plot they are back in each other's lives. They are in love with each other, but unfortunate events keep them apart. At the same time bad things also have a way of bringing them back together. It's an off and on roller coaster between shoot outs and all kinds of craziness.

Hope that helps without spoiling any of the show.
    Thanks for the headsup my friend.

I'll have to check the show out.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Does anyone know the names of the daughters of Storm and Black Panther in that "Black to The Future" Black Panther annual issue written by Reginald Hudlin?

I know their two sons were named in that issue, but I don't ever recall the daughters being named...
    I don't think the two daughters were ever mentioned by name. Although it would have been nice to see that future get spotlighted again and brought back. I would like to see more of the union between the son of T'Challa & Storm and the daughter of Luke Cage. I would also like to see and older Storm and T'Challa still out and about fighting the good fight.

I love the way Storm is portrayed in these panels.The first panel with her in the sky and her arms outstretched is awesome.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

[from the Black Panther Appreciation thread] Continuing from the previous discussion in another thread: I hope T'Challa is in Storm's solo series, as a semi-recurring supporting cast member. I'd like to see these two work together more, becoming solid friends. I'd also like to see Storm interact with the Wakanda School of Alternate Studies from the Infinity: the Hunt series. Anyone else hope to see this?

If I had any faith in these writers to portray Africans as people instead of cariacatures and problematic stereotypes, I would agree. Unless Pak proves otherwise, I say no.

Which is a shame, because I want them to interact civilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Unless Pak proves otherwise
    I'm confident Pak will deliver. Does it "help" that he is also POC... I don't want to say yes, because in theory (as Ewing and Gillen prove) you don't need to be of a minority to skillfully and respectfully portray that minority. BUT Pak (in theory) is more aware of minority issues, maybe? And I think that will help smooth things. We'll have to see; I personally can't WAIT for Storm's soon to be epic solo series!

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I want them to interact civilly.
    Agreed 100%. T'Challa could, in the future, tie with Gambit and Psylocke as Storm's BFF. I'd love that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    [from the Black Panther Appreciation thread] Continuing from the previous discussion in another thread: I hope T'Challa is in Storm's solo series, as a semi-recurring supporting cast member. I'd like to see these two work together more, becoming solid friends. I'd also like to see Storm interact with the Wakanda School of Alternate Studies from the Infinity: the Hunt series. Anyone else hope to see this?
    Here, here!!!!

BANNED

That shade in the X-Men titles is thick tho.

In theory I'd love to have them interact in the Storm solo but Pak isn't the only one with input in Ororo's character. While I trust Pak I don't trust the X-Office with characters that are black males.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    That shade in the X-Men titles is thick tho.
    I would obviously (respectfully) disagree, X-office is AMAZING! And I'd love to see T'challa fight alongside Storm in her solo (not in the first arc, obviously; it needs to be Storm as she is now front and centre); but in one of the following arcs, would love that.

BANNED

I would obviously (respectfully) disagree, X-office is AMAZING! And I'd love to see T'challa fight alongside Storm in her solo (not in the first arc, obviously; it needs to be Storm as she is now front and centre); but in one of the following arcs, would love that.
    I have a question. Would you say that you are more adept at detecting hidden or embedded slights against gay people then someone that is not gay? If you did detect these slights and had them dismissed by people who are thoroughly entertained by the media how would you react?

There's a lot of good stuff in the X-Men comics but the people behind the curtain have already lost any confidence I had in them. They don't get any of these here dollaz! I'm giving the Storm book a chance and I do hope that one day Tchalla and her can have some great moments together but the instance I feel something underhanded is going down I'm demanding my money back.

I have a question. Would you say that you are more adept at detecting hidden or embedded slights against gay people then someone that is not gay? If you did detect these slights and had them dismissed by people who are thoroughly entertained by the media how would you react?
    In terms of comic books I find there are situations that have been "poor showings/somewhat offensive when thought about" moments for LGBT characters (still no LGBT Avengers, killing Northstar three times in one month, impaling Freedom Ring through the ass with numerous spikes); but I don't consider them intentional/malicious. The only instance I can recall of intentional slight by a creative team to gay people is Jim Shooter... and he got fired, and they outed Northstar the very next month (so it was a quick turn around).

I didn't mean to be blasé about how MOC (esp. black males) have fared in the X-verse, because the X-verse has not always been kind. BUT this is not the thread for that discussion. This is a thread to support Storm & T'Challa, and hope, with good ground work and solid writing they might one day be a couple again. That involves the X-verse. If someone supports them as a couple, they must support Storm's (and by default T'Challa's) involvement in the X-verse (otherwise it's not really wanting to see Storm/have what matters to Storm be apart of the union).

Wanting to support Storm, but hating the X-verse would be like wanting to see T'challa and Storm together... as long as Wakanda, Shuri and everything that matters to him not be involved. It would be bizarre and pointless. This thread supports Storm/T'Challa, which means this thread (by default) has to be somewhat pro-X-verse.

BANNED

In terms of comic books I find there are situations that have been "poor showings/somewhat offensive when thought about" moments for LGBT characters (still no LGBT Avengers, killing Northstar three times in one month, impaling Freedom Ring through the ass with numerous spikes); but I don't consider them intentional/malicious. The only instance I can recall of intentional slight by a creative team to gay people is Jim Shooter... and he got fired, and they outed Northstar the very next month (so it was a quick turn around).

I didn't mean to be blasé about how MOC (esp. black males) have fared in the X-verse, because the X-verse has not always been kind. BUT this is not the thread for that discussion. This is a thread to support Storm & T'Challa, and hope, with good ground work and solid writing they might one day be a couple again. That involves the X-verse. If someone supports them as a couple, they must support Storm's (and by default T'Challa's) involvement in the X-verse (otherwise it's not really wanting to see Storm/have what matters to Storm be apart of the union).

Wanting to support Storm, but hating the X-verse would be like wanting to see T'challa and Storm together... as long as Wakanda, Shuri and everything that matters to him not be involved. It would be bizarre and pointless. This thread supports Storm/T'Challa, which means this thread (by default) has to be somewhat pro-X-verse.
    Ooof that triple death of Northstar was painful. I remember reading those comics and was like WTF!!

I'm not hating on the X-men or saying they should be excluded just expressing a lack of faith in editorial.

BANNED

As far as T'Challa appearing in Greg Pak's Storm solo book is concerned, I'd much rather prefer that this never happens.

T'Challa has never been portrayed favourably in any X-related books pre/post AvX so I very much doubt that Greg Pak is going to miraculously deviate from ground that has been laid previously as regards the monotonous denigration of T'Challa as a character or Wakanda as a concept that has been the default setting for all appearances within X-related books.

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of what Reginald Hudlin did in bringing T'Challa and Ororo together in marriage.

I have zero interest in any further interaction between the two characters post AvX but have no problem celebrating what Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss & Hickman brought to the equation as far as the relationship/marriage were concerned.

End of.

I would like to see T'Challa appear in Storm's title. I think he will appear eventually just not in the first few story arcs and that's fine with me. In regards to the characters from Infinity: The Hunt, I think they need a lot of help. I do see potential in them and would love to see a dedicated writer really give them some development and characterization. As of right now I find them just kinda "meh" to be honest. They leave much to be desired. However I think Storm can be an excellent teacher and mentor to them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Well, in light of how positive this thread is intended to be, I'd love for T'Challa to show up in Storm's solo and if he does, I hope they are written well. I'm hoping that Greg Pak will appreciate Storm and Black Panther.

In this thread, I'd like to focus on the times Storm and Black Panther WERE written well together, and were shown to be in love with each other by writers who really understood how great Storm and Black Panther are as a couple. I'd also like to focus on how well they can be written together in the future by writers who care about the characters. I'd also love to focus on a possible romantic reunion between Storm and Black Panther in the future, regardless of what happened in the past.

So please, going forward, no more negative talk about how Storm and Black Panther have been negatively portrayed in relation to each other for the past two years, or how certain writers or artists dropped the ball during the marriage years. This thread is a CELEBRATION of the royal couple and a SAFE HAVEN for all fans of King T'Challa and Queen Ororo as a couple. If anyone feels the need to discuss the negative issues, please discuss those negative issues in PRIVATE MESSAGES so as to not derail the optimism, enthusiasm and celebration going on all throughout this thread. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-11-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Ooof that triple death of Northstar was painful. I remember reading those comics and was like WTF!!
    Yeah, not a great moment. Freedom Ring (to me) was more problematic, because Joe Quesada touted him as Marvel Comics' leading gay hero a month prior to his death. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like to see T'Challa appear in Storm's title. I think he will appear eventually just not in the first few story arcs and that's fine with me. In regards to the characters from Infinity: The Hunt, I think they need a lot of help. I do see potential in them and would love to see a dedicated writer really give them some development and characterization. As of right now I find them just kinda "meh" to be honest. They leave much to be desired. However I think Storm can be an excellent teacher and mentor to them.
    100% agreed. Not in the first arc, certainly not; establish the series is the major priority, but down the line I really want him to show up. I'd also love to see Storm take Asha under her wing (as well as Gentle). Asha was one of the most popular new kids in Infinity: the Hunt (from the CBR poll); so her codename, costume, power and overall look was a good basis to start from. Block had a cool power but was in desperate need of a redesign costume wise... and Bull... needs a new codename, but visually he was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, in light of how positive this thread is intended to be, I'd love for T'Challa to show up in Storm's solo and if he does, I hope they are written well. I'm hoping that Greg Pak will appreciate Storm and Black Panther.

In this thread, I'd like to focus on the times Storm and Black Panther WERE written well together, and were shown to be in love with each other by writers who really understood how great Storm and Black Panther are as a couple. I'd also like to focus on how well they can be written together in the future by writers who care about the characters. I'd also love to focus on a possible romantic reunion between Storm and Black Panther in the future, regardless of what happened in the past.

So please, going forward, no more negative talk about how Storm and Black Panther have been negatively portrayed in relation to each other for the past two years, or how certain writers or artists dropped the ball during the marriage years. This thread is a CELEBRATION of the royal couple and a SAFE HAVEN for all fans of King T'Challa and Queen Ororo as a couple. If anyone feels the need to discuss the negative issues, please discuss those negative issues in PRIVATE MESSAGES so as to not derail the optimism, enthusiasm and celebration going on all throughout this thread. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!! This place should be (and is) a haven for BOTH T'challa/Wakanda fans and Storm/X-fans to talk about the future (and positive past) of T'Challa/Storm.