Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

My favorite couple in the Marvel Universe! Great thread!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    My favorite couple in the Marvel Universe! Great thread!
    Love the first one especially, where is that from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As far as T'Challa appearing in Greg Pak's Storm solo book is concerned, I'd much rather prefer that this never happens.

T'Challa has never been portrayed favourably in any X-related books pre/post AvX so I very much doubt that Greg Pak is going to miraculously deviate from ground that has been laid previously as regards the monotonous denigration of T'Challa as a character or Wakanda as a concept that has been the default setting for all appearances within X-related books.

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of what Reginald Hudlin did in bringing T'Challa and Ororo together in marriage.

I have zero interest in any further interaction between the two characters post AvX but have no problem celebrating what Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss & Hickman brought to the equation as far as the relationship/marriage were concerned.

End of.

I think Mr Pak can write both of them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As far as T'Challa appearing in Greg Pak's Storm solo book is concerned, I'd much rather prefer that this never happens.

T'Challa has never been portrayed favourably in any X-related books pre/post AvX so I very much doubt that Greg Pak is going to miraculously deviate from ground that has been laid previously as regards the monotonous denigration of T'Challa as a character or Wakanda as a concept that has been the default setting for all appearances within X-related books.

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of what Reginald Hudlin did in bringing T'Challa and Ororo together in marriage.

I have zero interest in any further interaction between the two characters post AvX but have no problem celebrating what Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss & Hickman brought to the equation as far as the relationship/marriage were concerned.

End of.
    Why can't they get remarried, or annul the annulment?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I think Mr Pak can write both of them well.
    Agreed. I have faith in Pak. Hell, I actively dislike Hulk and still found Planet Hulk compelling. Greg Pak is very skilled, and his passion for Storm cannot be denied.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. I have faith in Pak. Hell, I actively dislike Hulk and still found Planet Hulk compelling. Greg Pak is very skilled, and his passion for Storm cannot be denied.
    This. I'd trust in Pak to do right by a story or a character. Also, Planet Hulk was the ****.

I'm a big fan of Black Panther and Storm being a couple.
    However, I did think the wedding happened too fast. I much prefer to see them
    courting one another for a long time first. Chris Claremont and John Bryne started
    weaving together their friendship in the 80s.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why can't they get remarried, or annul the annulment?
    They could, but why? I agree with Maj. At this point, it's rather pointless and since certain groups of writers can't seem to be professional when writing T'challa and Wakanda without demonizing them to the point where his fans are alienated and we will not support those writers in ANY FASHION. It's probably best just to leave it be. See Hickman as a example of how to be respectful and professional. Storm has not been mentioned at all. No cheap shots or shade throwing at all. In her only appearance with Fantastic Four #607.

Pak is indeed a very skilled writer. No doubt he will write a great Storm book that fans should support. But being good or skilled has not stopped other "skilled" writers from pulling crap. And it's a shame that Marvel, certain fans and other could not see the potential outside of their own personal bias. There is a huge niche outside of the comic book world that Storm and T'challa (together) could have reached over time--especially with how popular the films are getting.

Just my two cents.

If he does write them or him, I hope he writes him with respect. I'm really not into the whole stereotypical VH1 nonsense that has played out lately.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

This is an APPRECIATION THREAD, please take this to the BP thread, we want to keep this thread positive; pro-Storm and pro-T'Challa (and the world's they come from).

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Love the first one especially, where is that from?
    Found that one on an X-Men Valentine's Day on ComicVine post from 4 years ago. Not sure exactly sure what actual comic the pic in question came from.

With that said, here are some more that I've found. These ones are from deviantARt.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 06-20-2014 at 09:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphan View Post
    They could, but why? I agree with Maj. At this point, it's rather pointless and since certain groups of writers can't seem to be professional when writing T'challa and Wakanda without demonizing them to the point where his fans are alienated and we will not support those writers in ANY FASHION. It's probably best just to leave it be. See Hickman as a example of how to be respectful and professional. Storm has not been mentioned at all. No cheap shots or shade throwing at all. In her only appearance with Fantastic Four #607.

Pak is indeed a very skilled writer. No doubt he will write a great Storm book that fans should support. But being good or skilled has not stopped other "skilled" writers from pulling crap. And it's a shame that Marvel, certain fans and other could not see the potential outside of their own personal bias. There is a huge niche outside of the comic book world that Storm and T'challa (together) could have reached over time--especially with how popular the films are getting.

Just my two cents.

If he does write them or him, I hope he writes him with respect. I'm really not into the whole stereotypical VH1 nonsense that has played out lately.
    Having T'Challa and Ororo in a loving relationship was something that Christopher J. Priest, Reginald Hudlin, Dwayne McDuffie and even David Liss had no problem doing with ease, so it goes without saying, that if any other writer with a genuine interest in positively exploring their relationship made a pitch that Marvel accepted, I'd be more than interested in reading such a book.

So far, to my knowledge, no such pitch has been made that any of us know about but some of us are more than familiar with some of the less than stellar interractions between T'Challa and Ororo that have been published over the last few years so like Seraphan has stated, I genuinely hope that if Greg Pak decides to make reference to the T'Challa and Ororo post AvX, he does so in a manner that's respectful, balanced and appreciative of the potential for positive character growth for both characters.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It's too bad that for most of their relationship, it was marred by bad storytelling. Under a more talented writer, it might have worked out for the better. They're a good fit, it's too bad Hudlin bungled the lead up to the wedding and most of the relationship. Not saying every story was bad, but there were a lot of rotten apples in that barrel. Just didn't ring true. Oh well. It's done and over with now.

Again, if anyone wants to discuss bad storytelling in relation to Storm and Black Panther's marriage, please do so in private messages. Thank you.

hudcouple07.jpg

I've been away from CBR for along time, but its good to come back and find a thread like this. The regal bearing that Storm Black Panther were presented with gave them that Reed and Sue first couple feel. I would have loved a different kind of FF with Reed, Sue, Tchalla, and Storm together.

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It's too bad that for most of their relationship, it was marred by bad storytelling. Under a more talented writer, it might have worked out for the better. They're a good fit, it's too bad Hudlin bungled the lead up to the wedding and most of the relationship. Not saying every story was bad, but there were a lot of rotten apples in that barrel. Just didn't ring true. Oh well. It's done and over with now.
    I've always wondered if the marriage might have been better accepted had it been handled a bit better by a better writer. And who knows, maybe Pak (a person I personally consider pretty darn good) will give it a shot when he handles the Storm book.

I don't expect them getting married again anytime soon or anything like that... but I do think a solo book in the least would be a nice place to see some good interaction between the characters. It's tough to see that sort of thing in the X-Men books because they're team books and there's like 50 million X-Men running around these days.