Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

The revised history miniseries by Eric Jerome Dickey was really good in my opinion...

I'll Assemble if you call it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    The revised history miniseries by Eric Jerome Dickey was really good in my opinion...
    I agree with you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Again, if anyone wants to discuss bad storytelling in relation to Storm and Black Panther's marriage, please do so in private messages. Thank you.

Attachment 4379
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've always wondered if the marriage might have been better accepted had it been handled a bit better by a better writer. And who knows, maybe Pak (a person I personally consider pretty darn good) will give it a shot when he handles the Storm book.
    I guess you missed Moneyspider's memo.

I just really wish this had been handled better. Too much of the focus was on weakening Ororo as a character.

On paper, this was a brilliant idea, and there were moments where it worked. The end product though involved weaksauce stories like 'Worlds Apart', arguably the worst Storm story to ever see print.

I'd totally be open for a reconcilliation in the future, handled by better writers who want to see both of these characters shine. Pak's new Storm ongoing would be a good place to revisit this, I think.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I just really wish this had been handled better. Too much of the focus was on weakening Ororo as a character.

On paper, this was a brilliant idea, and there were moments where it worked. The end product though involved weaksauce stories like 'Worlds Apart', arguably the worst Storm story to ever see print.

I'd totally be open for a reconcilliation in the future, handled by better writers who want to see both of these characters shine. Pak's new Storm ongoing would be a good place to revisit this, I think.
    I actually enjoyed Worlds Apart.

As far as reconcilliaition goes, I suppose anything is possible. If Jan and Hank (arguably the ugliest comic book break up in history) can get back together I suppose anything is possible (though obviously Hank and Jan didn't stay together). For what it's worth, T'Challa and Storm do seem to be on okay terms these days. Aarons books indicated they remained in regular contact with each other purely for social reasons.

I actually enjoyed Worlds Apart.

As far as reconcilliaition goes, I suppose anything is possible. If Jan and Hank (arguably the ugliest comic book break up in history) can get back together I suppose anything is possible (though obviously Hank and Jan didn't stay together). For what it's worth, T'Challa and Storm do seem to be on okay terms these days. Aarons books indicated they remained in regular contact with each other purely for social reasons.
    Which is odd, no? That it's remembered as such? Especially in this context? Ororo and T'Challa were literally beating each other down when they broke up, yet one slap from Hank has echoed through Marvel's history.

I really don't get that. Hahaha.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Which is odd, no? That it's remembered as such? Especially in this context? Ororo and T'Challa were literally beating each other down when they broke up, yet one slap from Hank has echoed through Marvel's history.

There's a bit of a difference though. Storm and T'Challa were in a combat situation. In Jan's case, Hank slapped her to basically get her to shut up and quite bothering her. In a less real life more super-ish situation, it probably wouldn't have been QUITE as bad.

Either way, I guess if Jan and Hank had a shot at getting back together (even though it didn't stick), then I suppose you can never say never with Storm and T'Challa.

There's a bit of a difference though. Storm and T'Challa were in a combat situation. In Jan's case, Hank slapped her to basically get her to shut up and quite bothering her. In a less real life more super-ish situation, it probably wouldn't have been QUITE as bad.

Either way, I guess if Jan and Hank had a shot at getting back together (even though it didn't stick), then I suppose you can never say never with Storm and T'Challa.
    Nope Storm was the only one attacking in that book, T'challa was just defending himself.

It was much worse than the Hank slap since she attempted to murder him with that lightning bolt. That was a really poor ending, the should have just left it with him annulling the marriage.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nope Storm was the only one attacking in that book, T'challa was just defending himself.

It was much worse than the Hank slap since she attempted to murder him with that lightning bolt. That was a really poor ending, the should have just left it with him annulling the marriage.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about the Storm attempting to murder T'Challa part.

And honestly I don't think the Storm/T'Challa ending was really that ugly when looking at it as a whole. Unlike say Jan and Hank, I think T'Challa and Storm managed to mend things to SOME degree at least fairly quickly. They seemed reasonably friendly the next time they interacted with each other after Civil War (not counting Consequences).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    Agrd...BUT it didnt hv 2 re-write history bcuz it contradicts continuity, Jerome shd hv found a way 2 weave his story 2 expand & explore on d existing history of Tchoro/Orolla after all it was alrdy establishd dat Tchoro/Orolla had advntures 2gthr across Africa b4 Tchalla retrnd 2 Wakanda & b4 Xavier recruitd Ororo.

Dat is wat rubbd most Storm fans d wrng way...ruining continuity.

We/SZ luvd d story but it felt lyk a parallel universe type deal.

Anyhw with all d time-travel & time altering evnts (such as Age of Ultron & d othr evnt involving Hercules- 4got d name) perhps d history of Tchoro/Orolla did chng in2 Jerome's story & it mks sense dat way as opposed 2 forced historical chngs.

Simply put-- tym altering evnts caused a chng in d histry of Tchoro/Orolla.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac

I've always wondered if the marriage might have been better accepted had it been handled a bit better by a better writer. And who knows, maybe Pak (a person I personally consider pretty darn good) will give it a shot when he handles the Storm book.
    Perhps but dnt u think d marriage wud hv had a betta shot if d x-writers & x-editor ACTUALLY gave their support?

Almst any tym d marriage was spkn of in any x-bk it was writtn in a manner 2 ridicule BP/Tchalla or imply 2 imply dat Storm was forcd in2 d marriage.

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 a hv explored sum sorta Wakanda-Genosha alliance evn if its temporary or sabotaged?

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 hv BP/Tchalla shw-up more regularly in d X-bks doing team-up with various x-teams or x-individuals?

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 devlp a story of Storm's paternl family who were discvrd by BP/Tchalla(x-men & x-writers faild big-tym on dis)?

Storm gt 2 b a Queen of d most advanced nation on earth & actively indulgeing in global, social geo-politix, found her paternal family (no thnx 2 d xmen inspite of all their telepaths & pwrs), was shwn 2 actually b more pwrful dan just lytning bolts& gusts of wind, she was shwn happy with BP/Tchalla(despite d contradictns portrayd in d x-bks), bcame a membr of d F4 & an Avngr(despite hw she was misused on d team by Bendis)....BP/Tchalla just kept being insultd in d x-bks.

Hudlin wasnt perfect, dat we all agree but he did hv his shining spots...with dat said gvn d non-supprt frm d X-side 4 d Tchoro/Orolla union d marriage was basically running on 1 leg no matta hw gd Hudlin or any othr non-x-writer wrote d marriage.

BANNED

I think, you're the only one I've heard who didn't really like the book. But it's ok. For me, it was an awesome book with great story, interesting scenes, cool art, just everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I think, you're the only one I've heard who didn't really like the book. But it's ok. For me, it was an awesome book with great story, interesting scenes, cool art, just everything.
    Like nearly all Storm fans, I adored X-men: World's Apart. Such a great mini-series (one of my favourites, in fact), and the Goddess kicked ass and took names. I hope Gentle shows up in her solo-series too, they had a great bond in both that mini and the one-shot on Gentle during Utopia.

BANNED

Wud u fyt ur wife simply bcuz she's frm an enemy camp even if she's a soldier? Really?!?

If any1 were 2 solve d AvX travesty, it wud hv bn BP/Tchalla & Storm/Ororo 2gthr AND dey wud/shd hv bn d 1's 2 form an Avngrs/Xmen team which bcame UA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wud u fyt ur wife simply bcuz she's frm an enemy camp even if she's a soldier? Really?!?

If any1 were 2 solve d AvX travesty, it wud hv bn BP/Tchalla & Storm/Ororo 2gthr AND dey wud/shd hv bn d 1's 2 form an Avngrs/Xmen team which bcame UA.
    I agree with you.

It's really bad writing especially for BP in AvX because no matter how mad a wife is, a husband should not fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Would you fight your wife simply because she's from an enemy camp even if she's a soldier? Really?!?

If anyone were to solve the AvX travesty, it would have been T'Challa and Storm together. And they would/should have been the ones to form an Avengers/X-Men team which would become the Unity Squad.
    Black Panther and Storm were the most powerful example of how the X-Men and Avengers were united and they should have stayed that way. Breaking them up was just a cheap way to destroy that unity and sever relationships that realistically would never be torn apart because of a petty quarrel.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!