Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree with you.

It's really bad writing especially for BP in AvX because no matter how mad a wife is, a husband should not fight back.
    [KurtW95:

Black Panther and Storm were the most powerful example of how the X-Men and Avengers were united and they should have stayed that way. Breaking them up was just a cheap way to destroy that unity and sever relationships that realistically would never be torn apart because of a petty quarrel.
    Abso-frking-lutely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree with you.
    It's really bad writing especially for BP in AvX because no matter how mad a wife is, a husband should not fight back.
    Not loving the phraseology here, RLAAMJR.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wud u fyt ur wife simply bcuz she's frm an enemy camp even if she's a soldier? Really?!?

If any1 were 2 solve d AvX travesty, it wud hv bn BP/Tchalla & Storm/Ororo 2gthr AND dey wud/shd hv bn d 1's 2 form an Avngrs/Xmen team which bcame UA.
    If I believed the world was at stake, yeah I would fight my wife.

But on the upside of that situation, it was Storm that switched sides and got a good portion of the X-Men to switch with her. So in a way, even though the marriage took a fatal hit in AvX, in the least I do believe to some degree it did end up helping to bring the Avengers and X-Men together in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If I believed the world was at stake, yeah I would fight my wife.
    Dat wud depnd on hw much u luvd her, wudnt it?
    But on the upside of that situation, it was Storm that switched sides and got a good portion of the X-Men to switch with her. So in a way, even though the marriage took a fatal hit in AvX, in the least I do believe to some degree it did end up helping to bring the Avengers and X-Men together in it.
    Tchoro/Orolla were alrdy d foundatns 4 dat....it was brilliant story dat was robbed frm dem(Tchoro/Orolla).

Agrd...BUT it didnt hv 2 re-write history bcuz it contradicts continuity, Jerome shd hv found a way 2 weave his story 2 expand & explore on d existing history of Tchoro/Orolla after all it was alrdy establishd dat Tchoro/Orolla had advntures 2gthr across Africa b4 Tchalla retrnd 2 Wakanda & b4 Xavier recruitd Ororo.

Dat is wat rubbd most Storm fans d wrng way...ruining continuity.

We/SZ luvd d story but it felt lyk a parallel universe type deal.

Anyhw with all d time-travel & time altering evnts (such as Age of Ultron & d othr evnt involving Hercules- 4got d name) perhps d history of Tchoro/Orolla did chng in2 Jerome's story & it mks sense dat way as opposed 2 forced historical chngs.

Simply put-- tym altering evnts caused a chng in d histry of Tchoro/Orolla.

Perhps but dnt u think d marriage wud hv had a betta shot if d x-writers & x-editor ACTUALLY gave their support?

Almst any tym d marriage was spkn of in any x-bk it was writtn in a manner 2 ridicule BP/Tchalla or imply 2 imply dat Storm was forcd in2 d marriage.

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 a hv explored sum sorta Wakanda-Genosha alliance evn if its temporary or sabotaged?

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 hv BP/Tchalla shw-up more regularly in d X-bks doing team-up with various x-teams or x-individuals?

Wudnt it hv bn nice 2 devlp a story of Storm's paternl family who were discvrd by BP/Tchalla(x-men & x-writers faild big-tym on dis)?

Storm gt 2 b a Queen of d most advanced nation on earth & actively indulgeing in global, social geo-politix, found her paternal family (no thnx 2 d xmen inspite of all their telepaths & pwrs), was shwn 2 actually b more pwrful dan just lytning bolts& gusts of wind, she was shwn happy with BP/Tchalla(despite d contradictns portrayd in d x-bks), bcame a membr of d F4 & an Avngr(despite hw she was misused on d team by Bendis)....BP/Tchalla just kept being insultd in d x-bks.

Hudlin wasnt perfect, dat we all agree but he did hv his shining spots...with dat said gvn d non-supprt frm d X-side 4 d Tchoro/Orolla union d marriage was basically running on 1 leg no matta hw gd Hudlin or any othr non-x-writer wrote d marriage.
    Had the X-writers used the marriage more it certainly might have helped.

The thing about that is that I don't think it was necessarily the x-writers job to sell the marriage. X-Men was a team book and Storm was one character in literally a cast of hundreds.

It's sort of like how Jessica Jones was never really used in Thunderbolts even though her husband was a character in the book. IF Parker had used Jessica the way Ewing and Bendis did, that would have great (I happen to like Jessica and would have been happy to see it). But Parker deciding NOT to use Jessica is fine too, because Jessica frankly isn't a Thunderbolt. He didn't necessairly HAVE to use her. And in the same breath because T'Challa isn't an X-Men they don't HAVE to use him. It would have been nice if they did though... Worlds Apart IMO at least was a nice usage of the marriage. But they technically don't have to.

And I think this shows the inherent difficulties in a marriage between 2 characters from different franchises. There's a bit more effort needed than say Reed and Sue. Still, the current set of X-writers seemingly have a bit more interest in having T'Challa show up, so it's possible if Storm and T'CHalla were to give it another go, there MIGHT be more usage of the relationship. And of course Storm having a solo book helps a lot in that regard too.

Dat wud depnd on hw much u luvd her, wudnt it?

Tchoro/Orolla were alrdy d foundatns 4 dat....it was brilliant story dat was robbed frm dem(Tchoro/Orolla).
    Fighting your wife to prevent the world from ending doesn't necessarily mean you don't love her enough. If the world ends, your wife dies. Weighing the pro's and cons, it's better that she's alive and POed at you than dead along with the rest of the planet. T'Challa did what he felt he had to do. And Storm right or wrong, did the same. That sort of comes with the job.

As far as Storm and T'Challa's marriage being the foundation of Avengers/X-Men relationship... I suppose the reason it didn't get as much play in that regard is because when they got married Storm left the X-Men, while Panther hadn't been an active Avenger in years. So they were sort of off doing their own thing. So it was probably Logan who ended up acting as the bridge between the groups, as he was an Avenger while continuing to be an X-Men.

Storm did eventually join the Avengers and perform double duty like Logan (because of T'Challa, so the marriage got a nice little nod there), but unfortunately she was an Avenger for such a short period of time that she never really had time to form any roots with the team. Too bad, since I wanted to see Storm as an Avengers since I was like 8. Hopefully down the line she can give it another shot in Uncanny Avengers.

Let's get positive, people! Everyone post your favourite image of the couple together (they must be happy in them... no dice!). I love this one, they are both powerful and strong in it, while also holding hands (it's cute).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Not loving the phraseology here, RLAAMJR.
    I was generalizing. If I become a husband, I will never hurt my wife physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Like nearly all Storm fans, I adored X-men: World's Apart. Such a great mini-series (one of my favourites, in fact), and the Goddess kicked ass and took names. I hope Gentle shows up in her solo-series too, they had a great bond in both that mini and the one-shot on Gentle during Utopia.
    I stand corrected?

I found it abrasive for much of the story. It was the tones she was being addressed in: everyone in those issues from Cyclops, to Panther to the Shadow King - everyone - was talking down to her, and I have a very thin skin for such things.

My aversion to this sort of thing makes me the only person in the world who cannot enjoy Game of Thrones as well, for the record. /shrug.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I stand corrected?

I found it abrasive for much of the story. It was the tones she was being addressed in: everyone in those issues from Cyclops, to Panther to the Shadow King - everyone - was talking down to her, and I have a very thin skin for such things.

My aversion to this sort of thing makes me the only person in the world who cannot enjoy Game of Thrones as well, for the record. /shrug.
    I think Storm putting T'Challa and Cyclops in the hospital by the end of the story more than balances any talking down Storm might have received from them in the course of the story.

To me Storm just kicked behind in that story.

Black panther and Storm are cute. Sad because they black they can't be together.

I stand corrected?

While she was talked down to, she made it clear by the end: DON'T make that mistake again (also Panther didn't talk down to her, he was possessed from the very first issue, and at the end he was nothing but grateful). Shadow King is fine too (he's a villain). She was so bad ass, h2h against the Dora and T'Challa, taking out Cyclops, out-smarting the Shadow King, choking the air out of all soldiers... so bad-ass!

Fair point. I love it, but I get what you mean; you have to LOVE to hate some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    I've been away from CBR for along time, but its good to come back and find a thread like this. The regal bearing that Storm Black Panther were presented with gave them that Reed and Sue first couple feel. I would have loved a different kind of FF with Reed, Sue, Tchalla, and Storm together.
    This is a great idea.

I've also been wondering what would happen if Marvel resurrected the "Fantastic Force" (FANTASTIC FOURce) concept and had on its roster:

1. Storm
    2. Black Panther
    3. Reed Richards
    4. Susan Richards
    5. Human Torch
    6. The Thing
    7. Blue Marvel
    8. Rogue or She-Hulk or Spider-Man

So Fantastic Force would be the original Fantastic Four members with four additional members.

In addition, I'd love to see Storm and Black Panther go on a double date with Susan and Reed Richards, and then villains attack! I think the closest we ever came to that was in "Fantastic Four" 606 and 607, written by Jonathan Hickman when Storm, Black Panther and the Richards were sitting together in Wakanda, right before some skeletons attacked.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-25-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Here is a YouTube fan-made video about Ororo's origins, and T'Challa has a cameo:

Both T'Challa and Storm were written extremely OOC for the AvX event. I first realized it was all downhill when Storm walked out of the Avengers mansion and Captain America told T'Challa to leave his wife and let her go... and what did T'Challa do? He actually listened to Steve like a good ol' puppy and let his wife go when he should be comforting or try to at least talk to her. I knew then and then this was a done cause.

Then you had Storm leading a mini army through Wakanda, her home, and eventually the fights they had. Knowing both characters for YEARS, the two would 1) never fight each other in the immature manner they did, and 2) if well written, they both would have realized the pointlessness of this fight and actually both be mature enough to walk out of it together and maybe even make a third faction that would have found other means to solve the issue. And in the end instead of finding ways to work through their marriage and sort out their problems and issues like an actual couple would (even if they took a mini break), they up and got divorced and left everything so unrealistic and messy. Now they're "playing cool" with each other but the whole thing is really stupid and very annoying.

There's a part of me that wants to see them together but knowing how mishandled they were, I'd rather not deal with that bullcrap again.