Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Has anyone heard of the book? YES
    Has anyone read it? YES
    Does your local shop carry it? DON'T KNOW - I BUY IT ONLINE
    Do you have any suggestions for finding readers who are open to small(er) titles? DO AN AMA ON REDDIT.COM

WOW! Hi Ash!!!! I actually created an account just to post when I saw this thread while randomly searching the internet.

Squarriors is my current favorite comic. I LOVE your work and you are a perfect paring with Ashley Witter. Her work is amazing! I will buy any comic with her name on it now.

There was some talk about piracy. I want you to know that I have made up for Ragdoll's impropriety by purchasing enough for him and many more. I have both books and 3 or 4 variants. I haven't cracked the spines of those books because I read #1 on Comixology. Originals were bought straight from Devil's Due and the variants I found on eBay...I bought two of #2 so I could read one and keep one boarded and bagged. I also have #66 of 210 of the signed copy with the exclusive artist sketch (also bought on eBay). Yes, I am nuts about Squarriors (pun intended).

My only criticisms of the series would be that it is only going to be 4 issues. Please tell me you will go beyond that and continue this great title. Also, sometimes the rodent characters can be hard to distinguish...especially when they are interacting with each other. I'm sure that can be fixed in future issues or maybe I'll get used to the subtle differences on my own.

Please keep up the good work and consider continuing this series. It's the best Devil's Due title right now and one of the best anyone is putting out especially the artwork. Tell Ashley I think she's great!

I'm in, man...I'm invested...hooked and ready for more! Bring on the MAW!!!

Thanks!

Steve B.
    Palm Beach County, FL

P.S. Y U NO COMING TO MIAMI SUPERCON THIS JUNE???
    Last edited by Stev01; 04-20-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev01 View Post
    Has anyone heard of the book? YES
    Has anyone read it? YES
    Does your local shop carry it? DON'T KNOW - I BUY IT ONLINE
    Do you have any suggestions for finding readers who are open to small(er) titles? DO AN AMA ON REDDIT.COM

WOW! Hi Ash!!!! I actually created an account just to post when I saw this thread while randomly searching the internet.

Squarriors is my current favorite comic. I LOVE your work and you are a perfect paring with Ashley Witter. Her work is amazing! I will buy any comic with her name on it now.

There was some talk about piracy. I want you to know that I have made up for Ragdoll's impropriety by purchasing enough for him and many more. I have both books and 3 or 4 variants. I haven't cracked the spines of those books because I read #1 on Comixology. Originals were bought straight from Devil's Due and the variants I found on eBay...I bought two of #2 so I could read one and keep one boarded and bagged. I also have #66 of 210 of the signed copy with the exclusive artist sketch (also bought on eBay). Yes, I am nuts about Squarriors (pun intended).

My only criticisms of the series would be that it is only going to be 4 issues. Please tell me you will go beyond that and continue this great title. Also, sometimes the rodent characters can be hard to distinguish...especially when they are interacting with each other. I'm sure that can be fixed in future issues or maybe I'll get used to the subtle differences on my own.

Please keep up the good work and consider continuing this series. It's the best Devil's Due title right now and one of the best anyone is putting out especially the artwork. Tell Ashley I think she's great!

I'm in, man...I'm invested...hooked and ready for more! Bring on the MAW!!!

Thanks!

Steve B.
    Palm Beach County, FL

P.S. Y U NO COMING TO MIAMI SUPERCON THIS JUNE???
    Thanks for supporting the book!
    The series is going to be much longer than 4 issues. They will still be in 4 issue blocks, with a few independent story arcs and many cross-series arcs.

Some of the problems with distinguishing characters comes from how the book was painted and how it was printed. Some of the colors just didn't turn out as expected. We tweaked that quite a bit in issue #2 and have worked on it even more in #3.
    Additionally, in some cases, the character's "voice" just wasn't unique enough. That's a writing problem and one I am working on fixing.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully Supercon will bring us out sometime! Tell them you want us! =)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Thanks for supporting the book!
    The series is going to be much longer than 4 issues. They will still be in 4 issue blocks, with a few independent story arcs and many cross-series arcs.

Some of the problems with distinguishing characters comes from how the book was painted and how it was printed. Some of the colors just didn't turn out as expected. We tweaked that quite a bit in issue #2 and have worked on it even more in #3.
    Additionally, in some cases, the character's "voice" just wasn't unique enough. That's a writing problem and one I am working on fixing.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully Supercon will bring us out sometime! Tell them you want us! =)
    Hi Ash,

Your welcome! Thank YOU for putting out such awesome material! I'm excited to learn that this title will be around for a while! There's so much to be discovered. I will make as much noise as I can at SuperCon. I (and my daughter) would really love to see you there...and/or MegaCon in Orlando.

Wishing you all the best and much success!

Spectacular Member

I have no heard of this book before... but now I am going to check it out.
    Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - NOW AVAILABLE!

I didn't know of your book until this post. I think it's interesting so I bought issue one on comicology. From the little I've read so far it's promising. Definitely gonna buy the rest.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev01 View Post
    Hi Ash,

Your welcome! Thank YOU for putting out such awesome material! I'm excited to learn that this title will be around for a while! There's so much to be discovered. I will make as much noise as I can at SuperCon. I (and my daughter) would really love to see you there...and/or MegaCon in Orlando.

Wishing you all the best and much success!
    I have some family I'd like to see in FL, I'd love to get down there sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Tanner View Post
    I have no heard of this book before... but now I am going to check it out.
    Thanks, MJ!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I didn't know of your book until this post. I think it's interesting so I bought issue one on comicology. From the little I've read so far it's promising. Definitely gonna buy the rest.
    I appreciate it! Once you've gotten through the first two issues, please let me know what you think.

IronPfist

Has anyone heard of the book?
    Yes

Has anyone read it?
    Yes (own every copy thus far)

Does your local shop carry it?
    Yes

Do you have any suggestions for finding readers who are open to small(er) titles?
    I saw someone suggest Reddit AMA, and I would have to agree with them. Although you will most likely get some trolls in there, you will also likely catch a lot of peoples' attention.

I would like to just start by saying that I absolutely love the world you and Witter created. Great job. I have a lot of comics pulled, and I have to say I always ask my LCS owner when the next issue of Squarriors is coming. You got me hooked, and I need more! I also got a couple of my friends hooked, which is interesting because they don't really even read comics. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are continuing the story past issue #4. I was scared when I finally noticed the text in the corner of the cover that read "2 of 4." Keep up the great work you two!

I have a small request (feel free to disregard it). Could you throw in a page at the end with the big players' names, and maybe a little description about each? I have to sometimes flip through older issues to remember who is doing what, and who is affiliated with who. A recap (story thus far) page would also work.

One last question, is there going to be a rat clan? Please let there be a rat clan. I have no idea why I like rats in fictional writing, but I always have. I would love to see some rats fighting some squirrels. The vermin of the trees fighting the vermin of the streets. Rural vs Urban (yes, I know there are rats in rural areas, but everyone pictures them in the sewers of cities :P ).

I digress, you don't have to listen to me at all. It is your book. I will buy it regardless, because it is a great story, and that is what I LOVE in the comics I read. That and amazing art. Out of all the comics I read (that is a lot, I have over 20 series on my pull list. Not to mention the mini series and trades I buy.), Witter's art ranks in my top 5, along with Staples and Capullo.

Thanks again for all the great work!

Has anyone heard of the book? - Yes, via Bleeding Cool.
    Has anyone read it? - Yes again. I'm a fan of anthropomorphic fiction, from cartoons and beast fables, comics like Mouse Guard, Katmandu, and Usagi Yojimbo to literary staples like Black Beauty and the works of Richard Adams. So this was right up my alley.
    Does your local shop carry it? - Unsure. I went digital about a year ago.
    Do you have any suggestions for finding readers who are open to small(er) titles? - Tumblr, if you haven't tried it already. There are a lot of niche communities hanging out there. Set up a blog of your own for promotion, then submit some entries to other blogs dedicated to fantasy, world-building, anthros, indie comics, etc. The stream-of-consciousness aspect of Tumblr can be iffy when it comes to hitting a target audience, but there's a lot of potential for content to migrate to readers who wouldn't find your work at their ordinary haunts.

Amazing Member

I only saw Squarriors over the weekend on Previews and I asked my shop to order this. Looks pretty interesting and can't wait to get one. Or at least I hope my shop is able to get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Also, there's really nothing we can do about it, people are going to pirate the book. The best thing that could happen for us is that if people like you, that LIKED the book, at least posted a review somewhere. Even if it was only seen by a few people, positive reviews really help the survival of a project. At $3 an issue, there is enough people that will drop the money if they see that their buddy, or someone they otherwise respect, is pushing the book.
    Pretty much my attitude when it comes to my own book. The more people the book reaches, the more readers and downright fans I get. Also, when someone buys a digital copy of one of my comics I let them know that I consider it their property, which is to say if they want to share it with their friends I don't see it as any different than loaning them a hard copy of the book. The only thing I ask is that if people like it they consider buying a hard copy, although they are certainly under no obligation to.

Cheers,

B

All-New Member

Just ordered the tradepaperback.

Have you heard of the Dutch painter/illustrator Rien Poortvliet (1932-1995)? When I saw the quite realistic animal depictions I must think of him, since that was his speciality.