Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Multimedia Artist

Default AVENGERS Motion poster

This is my most recent piece of fan art; a "motion poster" of MARVEL'S The AVENGERS from a promotional poster that was circulating, during the marketing of the first AVENGERS movie. The actual [Adobe Flash] animated file I'm developing (which was converted to H264 video in order to share on YouTube) serves as the landing page to an interactive web site I'm building, which will allow visitors to click on a specific character to visit their personal bio. It also will be interactive to degrees (for example, clicking Mjolnir to make THOR lift it), as well as to provide bits of information concerning the character's comic book and live action interpretations. More to come as progress is made. But for now...below is the link to the youtube conversion of the interactive landing page.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 03-21-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Multimedia Artist

In response to an offline inquiry, I'm posting an image of a portion of the fan project I'm designing/developing, which features the [cinematic] AVENGERS. Below is a collection of screenshots of the individual AVENGERS and their respective profile pages (the 1st of 2 pages for each member). As of "this" post, only THOR'S [interactive] profile pages (2) have been completed (being that he's my ALL-time favorite character), with Captain America nearing completion (85%) and the other members range between 20% - 50% completed.

Update (for inquiring minds): The process of learning how to convert Adobe Flash created content into an HTML5 format is proving to be an arduous, time consuming task. Being that this is a personal project and not a professional undertaking with a specific deadline of completion, the subsequent "profile release dates" (as indicated in the graphic above) are subject to change (assuming of course that the project even continues on the path as initially intended).

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-25-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Multimedia Artist

Following MARVEL'S lead, I'm releasing another "teaser" to my fan project. This one shows one of the interactive aspects of THOR's profile page, within my AVENGERS web site project.

Inside the site, after clicking THOR'S image on the Home page (which opens the THOR Movie profile, as shown in the collection of the 6 character screenshots), clicking Mjolnir on the Movie page makes THOR "lift" it; with lighting striking (audibly and visually), as shown. On the same page, clicking the THOR illustrated image (near the bottom/right of the page) launches THOR'S comic book profile page, which has its own animated content within it.

Still a work in progress, but it's coming along rather nicely.

Multimedia Artist

Default The collection of my workmanship

As others have done, I will share a collection of my artwork in a dedicated thread, which will feature my artistic endeavors ranging from; My creator-owned character concepts/drawings/writings (and web animations/cartoons thereof), animated comic covers (Marvel, DC, Image, etc.) and motion comics.

Speaking of motion comics...

With ALL the talk going on about the upcoming Captain America: CIVIL WAR movie, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share a motion comic I put together in 2007, which recaps the most significant moments in the 1st issue of MARVEL Comics' 7-issue series. Unfortunately, when I originally made the animation 8-years ago, I gave little consideration to establishing larger dimensions, which is why the resolution is somewhat poor on larger screens. (Sorry). But, for the most part, it's viewable.

Multimedia Artist

Default My Superhero Characters

The continuation of presenting examples of my workmanship; this time, posting images of my own characters.

Featuring: The SYMBOL

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-03-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Multimedia Artist

Featuring Superhero Group: Gemini 5

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 03-29-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Multimedia Artist

More of The SYMBOL.

Unlike the first image I posted here of The SYMBOL, this one I colored (in 2004) the "non-Photoshop" way using markers. As with the first image, the [buildings] background I generated from the 3D city I built in the landscape/geometric shape modeling program Vue D' Esprit.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-03-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Multimedia Artist

Featuring: MAGNI: The Storm God.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-03-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Multimedia Artist

Featuring: STARWING.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-07-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Multimedia Artist

More of The SYMBOL.

Another "marker," hand-colored character image superimposed onto a city scene I created with Vue D' Esprit (2002). Typography updated 2015.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-03-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Multimedia Artist

More of The SYMBOL.

Another of my hand-colored, character images superimposed onto the 3D modeled, city scene.

Multimedia Artist

Default Adobe Flash version test

Pertaining to my "Avengers Interactive" project, in order to properly test the loading and linkage of various elements within the Flash files (Before resuming the painstaking process of converting them to HTML5), I uploaded 3 HTML web pages (which holds the Flash files) to a new web site I recently registered called: HeroMedia.net (more on that later). For those of you who may have been following my original post concerning my FAN project, (if you have a laptop/PC that's Adobe Flash compatible), below is a link to the [Flash] HOME page of my little project. As of THIS post, I have only activated the links relative to THOR. The others will come when I have made further progress to the project as a whole.

http://www.heromedia.net/avengers.html

Image of an interactive element of THOR'S movie profile page when The AVENGERS image [above the THOR: The Dark World image] is clicked.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-08-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Multimedia Artist

Default Starwing The Animation Episode 6

This is episode 6 (of 10) of my animated series STARWING: The Amination, which features creator-owned character: STARWING. This episode introduces my character MAGNI: The Stormknight, who join forces with STARWING to combat ASTERDROIDS.

This particular episode, as of this upload/post is still pending the post production process, more specifically; music creation, editing and its inclusion into relevant scenes of the animation. As ALL visual elements were completed by myself, I will also perform ALL processes and procedures relative to creating [original] music compositions and synchronization for the animation.

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 04-08-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Multimedia Artist

Another of The SYMBOL

A hand-colored character image superimposed onto a 3D modeled city scene created with Vue D' Esprit. (Vue 4).

Last edited by WendellThornhill; 05-16-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Multimedia Artist

More of The SYMBOL

Wendell L Thornhill / Multimedia Artist
    Concepts & Creations, LLC
    Roanoke, VA 24018
    http://www.ConceptsAndCreations.net

http://whoisthesymbol.com